Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Y
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Y
I would like a campfire smith to work on a project for me. I have an old sako L61R action/barrel (7mm Remmy) and would like to put a pencil thin SS barrel from any of the makers: Lilja, Krieger, or Hart etc. Also fit it into a lightweight composite stock from either Mcmillan, Manners, or lonewolf etc. Let me know who can help me. PM me to discuss further.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am not a gunsmith. But just an fyi krieger does not sell ss barrels in smaller contours. IIRC #3 or 4 is the smallest they will do.

Steak, It's my favorite vegetable!
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
How does shipping work to get back to Cali?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It works like normal. If the California customer sends his gun to a gunsmith in another state, then that gunsmith can return it directly to the customer in California. If you are an outside dealer shipping a gun to a California dealer then you need to jump through hoops and get permission from California's DOJ.

Lock, Stock and Barrel gunworks
SLC, Ut
USMC 69-73

"This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend, it is my life."
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Malm does some work, btw.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The "jumping through hoops" amounts to going on-line and entering your CDOJ authorization # and printing out a form that you keep. I really don't see what all of the fuss is about.

NRA Life Patron Member Benefactor Level
USN/USMC Vietnam Vet 1969-70
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What all the fuss is, is having to do it in the first place.

SLC, Ut
USMC 69-73

"This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend, it is my life."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Then don't do it! I choose to deal with the fine citizens of Ca.

Last edited by DocEd; 10/26/10.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocEd
The "jumping through hoops" amounts to going on-line and entering your CDOJ authorization # and printing out a form that you keep. I really don't see what all of the fuss is about.

What it is about is the fact a dealer with an FFL has to keep a record OUTSIDE the State of CA to comply with CA law... This after there is a more than adequate record with the CA FFL. Being a state law, it is not usable by CA outside its borders, yet the fact there is a requirement to maintain the record AND who really wants to argue whether they have the authority or not?

YET, ANYONE may legally ship a gun to a CA FFL as long as they do not have a license. Mindless garbage recordkeeping just for CA is not something I care to engage in as an FFL. It is clearly designed to make it harder on CA gun buyers... And it is working. Look at the number of ads clearly stating no CA sales.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Malm
It works like normal. If the California customer sends his gun to a gunsmith in another state, then that gunsmith can return it directly to the customer in California.

Wow, you learn something new everyday. I didn't realize this was the case and has always made me hesitant to have anyone do work out of state. I have yet to find a decent gunsmith around here.

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Then don't do it! I choose to deal with the fine citizens of Ca.

It has nothing to do with "the fine citizens of Ca", but everything to do with the mentality of California lawmakers. You're not running for some congressional seat out there are you?

SLC, Ut
USMC 69-73

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Congressional seat? No. I'm just running a small rifle building shop in Maryland. I just choose to do business with other dealers, Even if they live in Ca. and even, as you so deftly put it, if I have to "jump through hoops".

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I knew most states can send me a rifle to repair and I can send it back, I just keep hearing horror stories about shipping one back to Cali. I have had Wa. and other states ship to me and Me back. Just was not sure about the gunsmith side of things

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Blagg, do yourself, and your business, a favor and stop believing "horror stories" about shipping to Ca. If you are a dealer you can sign up with the Ca. DOJ and conduct your business with any dealer in Ca. It is no big deal.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Blagg, do yourself, and your business, a favor and stop believing "horror stories" about shipping to Ca. If you are a dealer you can sign up with the Ca. DOJ and conduct your business with any dealer in Ca. It is no big deal.

And the once the CA DOJ has a big enough hit list, let the lawsuits begin!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
WOW. I'm done.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
going along with California's restrictions just enable them, and encourage more of the same.

I won't do business with ANY California company, if there is another option.

Sam......

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
For once I actually agree with Sitka. Going outside to check for flying pigs now.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Some months ago I shipped a barreled action by UPS from California to a stockmaker in Ohio. About two weeks ago he shipped the barreled action back to me via UPS. Absolutely no problem and no Government, local, state, or Federal was notified or involved.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 59 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,154
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.