Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
FYI There's a nice Husky 9.3 over at Nitro Express.

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Arac
Zastava has, and still is, chambering their rifles in 9.3x62.

[Linked Image]

USSG now imports the Zastava for sale in the US as the model Z98. They do not list the 9.3x62 as being available. But, it does look like they will be selling their standard models in stainless as well as chrome moly.

Best:)

Last edited by GaryVA; 12/01/10.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GaryVA
Zastava has, and still is, chambering their rifles in 9.3x62.

[Linked Image]

USSG now imports the Zastava for sale in the US as the model Z98. They do not list the 9.3x62 as being available. But, it does look like they will be selling their standard models in stainless as well as chrome moly.

They may not be importing them, but they do make them. Perhaps a call to your supplier will help.

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
They are definitely making LH rifles in the calibers we all want so what say, Lefties? How many would really buy one? PM me if serious and I will forward to Zastava and let's see if we can get something going since the current US Importer (CDNN Investments) doesn't seem interested to help.

Jeff

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have been successful in developing interest on the other end with the importer. i am trying to get a hard number of units needed to secure an order.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You're saying CDNN Investments is the current NA importer? I thought USSG was the new importer for Zastava, what's the scoop??

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I believe it was CDNN and now appears to USSG. At any rate, I have been in touch with both Zastava and USSG and I am trying to get a price per unit. Honestly, it shouldn't be this hard. But, I am dtermined to see if we LH shooters can use our numbers as leverage and get some Zastava Mausers in our hands.

I will keep updating this thread as I get information.

Jeff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Keep us posted. I'm of the opinion they can make reliable inexpensive rifles for someone who likes to tinker. It would be good to see them add the 9.3x62 onto their import list, both left and right handed.

- Clint Eastwood
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
gentlemen,

the first round of negotiation resulted in the US importer offering to bring in walnut stocked rifles with a 20% premium over the RH models.

NO THIS MAKES NO SENSE AND I AGREE WITH YOU!

depending on caliber this would result in a price range of $600-840 per unit.

well, we can all buy rugers for less money so i have asked about actions and/or barrelled actions and currently await comment from his end.

will update with more info when i have it.

Jeff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A Ruger isn't a left-hand Mauser 98, and, correct me if I am wrong, but Zastava is the only choice if you want a left hand M98.

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
A Ruger isn't a left-hand Mauser 98, and, correct me if I am wrong, but Zastava is the only choice if you want a left hand M98.

If you want an affordable M98, then yes, they are your only option currently. There are some custom M98 actions (Granite Mountain, Satterlee, and several German makers) available in LH configuration.

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does anyone know why the price on the Z98 30-06 imported by USSG is set so much cheaper than the other standard chamberings. I'm curious if they import a larger volume in 30-06, being it is such a popular US cartridge, and this results in a lower price compared to say the 270Win or the 308Win. If you know what you're doing, seems like with a little bit of work, one could take the cheaper than dirt 30-06 and make a very simply reliable no-frills rifle. I wonder if the Z98 barrels shoot as well as the older Mark-X Zastavas.

- Clint Eastwood
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I perfectly know well the Ruger is not anything other than a Mauser variant. Sorry for any confusion. I was simply referring to anyone wanting a LH CRF rifle at a price point.

Gary, I don't know the answer to that question.

I have some questions in to both Zastava and the importer in the US and will report my findings along the way. It appears so far we have 6 rifles wanted in LH over on accuratereloading thus far. We are trying to put together an order and obviously, the more rifles the more leverage we will have. I am also seeking info concerning actions and/or barrelled actions as an option over complete rifles.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Gentlemen,

I have an update for all:

I have been pressing the US Importer for help and flexibility with this matter as I know we would all like an alternative in the US market for LH actions. So far, he has been somewhat reticent although willing to help.

Frankly, I'm a little perplexed by his lack of business skills since we are offering to put money in his pocket. At any rate, he is looking for a minimum order of 100k or about 100 rifles. At this point, we do not seem to be at 10 yet so perhaps we could work to piggy back some RH rifles on this to make the number. I dunno. Further, he has not been willing thus far to work with me on actions/barrelled actions vs. complete rifles. As a result, I have emailed Zastava with these questions and will post the results when I get them back.

I'm happy to keep going if everyone else is.

Jeff

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Jeff,

I applaud your efforts. While I am not LH, I would be interested in seeing some of their RH rifles in chamberings not necessarily offered in the U.S. market. In looking through their website, I see that they offer the Z98 in 7x64 and 9.3x62, among others. Those are the two that I'd be most interested in. In addition, if the wood-stocked option is on the table, I'd really listen.

Thanks again.

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm going over to AR to read the other thread. I am right handed, but my interest would be a RH 9.3x62 Zastava. I do not mind if it comes in the same Butler Creek stock as the other standard imports. I'd want it for a hard use backcountry rifle and the plastic Butler Creek has a good reputation for being a strong and reliable stock. My only reservation would be if importing a RH 9.3x62 jacked the price too high. I'm not quite sure how high I'd go over the standard price, but I'm interested.

By the way, being the stocks used on the Z98 imports appear to be the exact same American Butler Creek Mauser stocks used by the previous importers, I'm thinking that USSG is only importing barreled actions at this point. They must be importing these barreled actions and stocking them in the US with the plastic stock. If this were the case, I do not see why they will not be selling barreled actions. I'll need to search again to find it, but I thought on my previous web search on the Z98, I found where someone like Midway was gearing up to sell these barreled actions from USSG. For that matter, dealers such as Midway have more buying power than individual groups like us. On quite a few different gun related items, Midway as example will take requests from individual groups such as ours to make a single bulk purchase of such items for sale. This may be an option, especially if someone big like Midway is already getting requests from their customer base.

Last edited by GaryVA; 12/06/10.

- Clint Eastwood
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Nice idea, Gary. Would you be willing to follow through on this idea and contact Midway, please?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Jeff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I see where Russ over on AR somehow imported a half dozen or so 9.3x62 Zastava big game sporting rifles that were factory Zastava builds off military M98 actions and sold as new in box rifles. Don't know how he did it, but he advertised their sale on several sites:

http://bigfivehq.com/itemDetails.aspx?id=3196

- Clint Eastwood
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
don't know who russ is but that is good news because it suggests he perhaps was able to avoid dealing with USSG?

I think we should contact Russ and ask a few questions.

I just emailed him and will report back when he responds. Good work Gary!

Last edited by JS_LaCourse; 12/06/10.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm already on it now. He already replied.

- Clint Eastwood
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1234, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,658
Posts18,493,515
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.