Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
I was at a shop today looking for Mauzer actions to use for a 9.3x62 project. There was a very nice condition Interarms Mark X in .243, complete with nice stock and rings and base for $350. I compared the action to a K98 sporter at the shop and the action/ejection port appeared to be equal length. can anyone tell me if Zastava made a smaller action for 243/308, or was it the same action for 30.06 and others, and then a magnum action for the 7mag, 375HH, etc.?

I can use a 30.06 length for a 9.3x62, right?

Last edited by kletzenklueffer; 11/03/10.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The .243/.308 is the same as the .30-06 action. There is just a block in the mag well.

Yes, .30-06 will be good for the 9.3x62.

By the way, welcome to the 'fire'!

Last edited by sactoller; 11/03/10.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Welcome to the fire, Kletzen. I have a 9.3x62 built on the same action as your referring to only mine says Charles Daly. Same action just a different importer. It worked out great with a 21 inch Douglas barrel. It shoots pretty darn good with about anything I've put through it so far, but the star performer is the 232 grain Norma Vulcans over 63 grains of R15. I shot 3 consectutive 2 shot groups with the bullet holes cutting one hole using a Redfield peep and an ashley front blade. I shot these about 2 weeks ago at 100 yards and am going out tomorrow to see if I can do it again. Dave at I.T.&D. put this one together for me. Good luck with your build.
Les

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Wonderful. Thanks for the welcome and the information.I'll be going to pick it up tomorrow then.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
That Mark X should work just fine. I'm using a nearly identical action for a 9.3 x 66 Sako build myself.

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.
IC B2

z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Zastava only made one action length. The actions used on the .243/.306, .30-06, and 7mm Remm/.300 WM are all the same as are the bottom metal units. The .243/.308 uses a magazine block. Now, the .375 is the same action, only they factory modified the feedramp, lengthening the mag well to allow use of the longer cartridge. The bottom metal was likewise altered to house the longer cartridges. The factory H&H receivers have a small notch at the back of the front ring.

If you remove the mag block, you can use the 9,3x62 in the .243.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Welcome from here as well. That action would be ideal for your project. That it comes with a good wood handle already is a big bonus. That is a really low price for one, as well. I would grab it up.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have a older mark X action w/ the good bottom metal. It was a 30/06 originally, I spotted it in a pawn shop, and made a deal for $250. sold the tupperware handle & barrel for $75, so now I'm into the basis for my 9.3x62 for $175.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Zastava made a mini for .223 or 7.62 a lightweight which went up to 7 mag and their standard which handled up to the .458 wm.
Frank

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yeah Frank, they did make a "min" action ,the problem is it is NOT a m98 CRF style action, which is being discussed here..

The Mini is much more a copy of a Sako A1.They might have been called a "mini Mark- X" but they really were not.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I thought the Mark X used three mag box lengths:

3.6" for the magnums
3.385" for the 30-06 class
3.385" w/ a spacer for the shorter rounds

Last edited by GaryVA; 11/16/10.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
The 9.3x62 will surprise you. It is better and more practical that an article can reveal.

JW

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I picked up a Mark-X in 25-06 a couple months back. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but if it's not accurate, it'll be made into a 9.3x62 as well. Would make for a nice, light, buffalo gun. I've got the stock off it currently which I am reshaping and adding crossbolts and such. I've got it next to a CZ550 stock which has also been reshaped and slimmed down and the Mark-X stock has to way at least a pound less. I thought it was light too until I got the Mark-X stock next to it.

I'd jump on that Mark-X at $350. That's still a great deal compared to what they go for on gunbroker.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Why not just get a CZ 550 in 9.3x62 and be done with it? It's a Mauser 98 style controlled feed action.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by buttstock
Why not just get a CZ 550 in 9.3x62 and be done with it? It's a Mauser 98 style controlled feed action.

Makes too much sense....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ruger Hawkeye will be out next year!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
On the CZ, I'm a beginning smith and getting CZ wouldn't put me learning about chambering and truing the action and what not. I've looked at them and if I ran in to one for a steal, I'd buy it, but I find that the Interarms rifles/actions are overlooked in my area a lot. A Whitworth Express .375H&H sold for $700 or less the other day with two boxes of ammo.

I also like the idea of sort of recycling a rifle into something useable again.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Hell, just find a beat old '98 Mauser and go from there. Finding one pre-Bubba'd ain't that hard to do.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by jim62
Yeah Frank, they did make a "min" action ,the problem is it is NOT a m98 CRF style action, which is being discussed here..

The Mini is much more a copy of a Sako A1.They might have been called a "mini Mark- X" but they really were not.

Thanks Jim62, the catalog described it as a "miniature M98". No mention made of CRF but I would have thought that to be the case.
Frank

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Zastava has, and still is, chambering their rifles in 9.3x62.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
FYI There's a nice Husky 9.3 over at Nitro Express.

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Arac

[Linked Image]

USSG now imports the Zastava for sale in the US as the model Z98. They do not list the 9.3x62 as being available. But, it does look like they will be selling their standard models in stainless as well as chrome moly.

Best:)

Last edited by GaryVA; 12/01/10.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GaryVA

[Linked Image]

USSG now imports the Zastava for sale in the US as the model Z98. They do not list the 9.3x62 as being available. But, it does look like they will be selling their standard models in stainless as well as chrome moly.

They may not be importing them, but they do make them. Perhaps a call to your supplier will help.

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
They are definitely making LH rifles in the calibers we all want so what say, Lefties? How many would really buy one? PM me if serious and I will forward to Zastava and let's see if we can get something going since the current US Importer (CDNN Investments) doesn't seem interested to help.

Jeff

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have been successful in developing interest on the other end with the importer. i am trying to get a hard number of units needed to secure an order.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You're saying CDNN Investments is the current NA importer? I thought USSG was the new importer for Zastava, what's the scoop??

- Clint Eastwood
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I believe it was CDNN and now appears to USSG. At any rate, I have been in touch with both Zastava and USSG and I am trying to get a price per unit. Honestly, it shouldn't be this hard. But, I am dtermined to see if we LH shooters can use our numbers as leverage and get some Zastava Mausers in our hands.

I will keep updating this thread as I get information.

Jeff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Keep us posted. I'm of the opinion they can make reliable inexpensive rifles for someone who likes to tinker. It would be good to see them add the 9.3x62 onto their import list, both left and right handed.

- Clint Eastwood
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
gentlemen,

the first round of negotiation resulted in the US importer offering to bring in walnut stocked rifles with a 20% premium over the RH models.

NO THIS MAKES NO SENSE AND I AGREE WITH YOU!

depending on caliber this would result in a price range of $600-840 per unit.

well, we can all buy rugers for less money so i have asked about actions and/or barrelled actions and currently await comment from his end.

will update with more info when i have it.

Jeff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A Ruger isn't a left-hand Mauser 98, and, correct me if I am wrong, but Zastava is the only choice if you want a left hand M98.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
A Ruger isn't a left-hand Mauser 98, and, correct me if I am wrong, but Zastava is the only choice if you want a left hand M98.

If you want an affordable M98, then yes, they are your only option currently. There are some custom M98 actions (Granite Mountain, Satterlee, and several German makers) available in LH configuration.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does anyone know why the price on the Z98 30-06 imported by USSG is set so much cheaper than the other standard chamberings. I'm curious if they import a larger volume in 30-06, being it is such a popular US cartridge, and this results in a lower price compared to say the 270Win or the 308Win. If you know what you're doing, seems like with a little bit of work, one could take the cheaper than dirt 30-06 and make a very simply reliable no-frills rifle. I wonder if the Z98 barrels shoot as well as the older Mark-X Zastavas.

- Clint Eastwood
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I perfectly know well the Ruger is not anything other than a Mauser variant. Sorry for any confusion. I was simply referring to anyone wanting a LH CRF rifle at a price point.

Gary, I don't know the answer to that question.

I have some questions in to both Zastava and the importer in the US and will report my findings along the way. It appears so far we have 6 rifles wanted in LH over on accuratereloading thus far. We are trying to put together an order and obviously, the more rifles the more leverage we will have. I am also seeking info concerning actions and/or barrelled actions as an option over complete rifles.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Gentlemen,

I have an update for all:

I have been pressing the US Importer for help and flexibility with this matter as I know we would all like an alternative in the US market for LH actions. So far, he has been somewhat reticent although willing to help.

Frankly, I'm a little perplexed by his lack of business skills since we are offering to put money in his pocket. At any rate, he is looking for a minimum order of 100k or about 100 rifles. At this point, we do not seem to be at 10 yet so perhaps we could work to piggy back some RH rifles on this to make the number. I dunno. Further, he has not been willing thus far to work with me on actions/barrelled actions vs. complete rifles. As a result, I have emailed Zastava with these questions and will post the results when I get them back.

I'm happy to keep going if everyone else is.

Jeff

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Jeff,

I applaud your efforts. While I am not LH, I would be interested in seeing some of their RH rifles in chamberings not necessarily offered in the U.S. market. In looking through their website, I see that they offer the Z98 in 7x64 and 9.3x62, among others. Those are the two that I'd be most interested in. In addition, if the wood-stocked option is on the table, I'd really listen.

Thanks again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm going over to AR to read the other thread. I am right handed, but my interest would be a RH 9.3x62 Zastava. I do not mind if it comes in the same Butler Creek stock as the other standard imports. I'd want it for a hard use backcountry rifle and the plastic Butler Creek has a good reputation for being a strong and reliable stock. My only reservation would be if importing a RH 9.3x62 jacked the price too high. I'm not quite sure how high I'd go over the standard price, but I'm interested.

By the way, being the stocks used on the Z98 imports appear to be the exact same American Butler Creek Mauser stocks used by the previous importers, I'm thinking that USSG is only importing barreled actions at this point. They must be importing these barreled actions and stocking them in the US with the plastic stock. If this were the case, I do not see why they will not be selling barreled actions. I'll need to search again to find it, but I thought on my previous web search on the Z98, I found where someone like Midway was gearing up to sell these barreled actions from USSG. For that matter, dealers such as Midway have more buying power than individual groups like us. On quite a few different gun related items, Midway as example will take requests from individual groups such as ours to make a single bulk purchase of such items for sale. This may be an option, especially if someone big like Midway is already getting requests from their customer base.

Last edited by GaryVA; 12/06/10.

- Clint Eastwood
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Nice idea, Gary. Would you be willing to follow through on this idea and contact Midway, please?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Jeff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I see where Russ over on AR somehow imported a half dozen or so 9.3x62 Zastava big game sporting rifles that were factory Zastava builds off military M98 actions and sold as new in box rifles. Don't know how he did it, but he advertised their sale on several sites:

http://bigfivehq.com/itemDetails.aspx?id=3196

- Clint Eastwood
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
don't know who russ is but that is good news because it suggests he perhaps was able to avoid dealing with USSG?

I think we should contact Russ and ask a few questions.

I just emailed him and will report back when he responds. Good work Gary!

Last edited by JS_LaCourse; 12/06/10.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm already on it now. He already replied.

- Clint Eastwood
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Thanks, Gary. I emailed him as well and he did reply but I had a few more qs.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Gary and Jeff,

Again, I thank you for your efforts regarding this "group buy", so to speak. I have to be candid and say that committing to a USSG Z98 for around $1,000 does not appeal to me and kind of defeats the purpose of looking at this rifle as a "bargain M98", "donor action", "truck gun", or whatever you wish to call it. This family of rifles, regardless of what they've been called in the past, has always been regarded as an entry-level Mauser 98.

I picked one of these up recently in 30.06 and paid less than $300 shipped, NIB. FWIW, I don't think they are using Butler Creek synthetic stocks these days. The M98 Butler Creek stock I purchased for a 318 W-R project was finished much better than the stocks USSG is using currently. Overall, these are very rough and basic. Unless there is a noticeable improvement in the finished rifle, it would be difficult to justify the price increase.

Still, if this gets any traction and the possibility exists for getting rifles chambered in either 7x64 and 9.3x62, I'd give you my undivided attention.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't think anyone is interested or looking for an expensive Z98, in any cartridge. I'm not, but I am looking at the options to see how cheaply one could be had in a non-standard import. I'll make up my mind when I see a bottom dollar.

- Clint Eastwood
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
me,too. like i said from the start, once the variables are known we can make an informed group decision.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Fellas,

I realize it's only been a couple of days but would be interested to know if there's been any progress on the USSG/Zastava front?

Thanks in advance for any updates.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The US Importer wanted an order before any more discussion took place so he could see what "he could do" with regard to prices. I counted the interest here and on AR and came up with 23 rifles or thereabouts. I told him 23 LH rifles in various calibers and am currently awaiting his response. I will post it when he does and if I don't hear from him by day's end I'll email him again to see what he has come up with.

Jeff

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Jeff,

Just to clarify something that might be important, is this only for LH rifles or would it help the numbers if some RH rifles were added in chamberings they don't normally import into the U.S? As I noted in an earlier post, I'm RH, not LH but would be interested in at least two, possibly three, and maybe even four of the rifles off their website. I suspect that the specific models I'm looking at are not brought into the U.S., which is why if this goes anywhere, I'd love to participate.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I posed that very question as well and am awaiting a response.

J

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
UPDATE:

I again spoke with the USA Importer, whom I have no problem saying publicly is very difficult to deal with, and he tells me he will contact the factory in Serbia by month's end and will have prices. Another member contact me for 2 more 375s today so my order at this point including 24 hourcampfire members has hit 25 rifles in LH configuration.

Essentially gents, we need our feet on the sand price wise so if this guy actually comes around with a number I can report it and then see if additional RH guns will change it in any appreciable way or perhaps some other LH bretheren will jump on board for this deal if it is reasonable to us all.

Jeff

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by JS_LaCourse
UPDATE:

I again spoke with the USA Importer, whom I have no problem saying publicly is very difficult to deal with, and he tells me he will contact the factory in Serbia by month's end and will have prices. Another member contact me for 2 more 375s today so my order at this point including 24 hourcampfire members has hit 25 rifles in LH configuration.

Essentially gents, we need our feet on the sand price wise so if this guy actually comes around with a number I can report it and then see if additional RH guns will change it in any appreciable way or perhaps some other LH bretheren will jump on board for this deal if it is reasonable to us all.

Jeff

Well, any progress is progress, right? It's unfortunate that the U.S. importer is being so difficult. (That's never a good sign, IMO.) Anyway - fingers crossed.

I do have a few other points/questions that you may or may not be able to answer or make more clear.

- I am still a little puzzled as to why this remains a LH v. RH thing. Maybe I'm reading too much into this? It just seems to me that, regardless of whether you're LH or RH, if we can get enough folks interested and committed, it will drive the costs down and then everyone who participates will benefit. Perhaps there are some things I'm not aware of but do you think the importer really cares what configuration each rifle comes in, so long as there are enough to meet his minimum?

- In looking through the Zastava website, it's apparent that they have a large number of models, chamberings, options, configurations, etc. Are all of these "in play (available)", so to speak?

- Might be getting ahead of things here but, assuming this effort proceeds and comes to fruition, how would the individual rifles be dispersed?

- You mentioned a "line in the sand" price per unit. What figures have been discussed on this front, to this point? If every model that Zastava offers is available, I would imagine the minimum costs would vary (maybe a lot).

Thanks again for being the ring-leader on this and please keep us posted.

Last edited by pinotguy; 12/15/10.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
hi pinot,

it appears all models are in play caliber wise. i just listed what people have mentioned in terms of interest. the only price figures given by him was a 20% premium over RH models (reason never given since they already make the LH so no addi tooling seems required).

i don't really know why it seems like a LH vs RH thing either. I've asked about RH guns and he hasn't replied. Finally, as far as dispersing the rifles I assume if it all came to fruition we would deal with the US Importer directly since I have no interest in having to setup an escrow account for OPM!

I also am having a discussion with the guys in OZ who deal as Beretta Australia since they import Zastava there and they'll find out if they can export to the US and whether the clown I'm talking to would still be in the mix.

I'll post more as soon as I know more.

Jeff

C
C
New to forum. First reply. Please be tolerant of my ignorance of this thread's history..

I am interested in any left hand LH new or used Mauser 98 derived rifles or actions. In my opinion Zastava will be a difficult proposition. The CZs are way too costly compared to what was available from this manufacturer though. And before Remington chose not to import the left hand rifles there were always enough complications with Charles Daly.

For those of us who are interested in large, especially long magnum length cartridges, I think it would be easier to lobby for a LH Winchester Model 70 African. I would buy one in an instant. Anyone going to Shot Show 2011? Let's start a petition. Thanks.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
US Importer has sent order to Zastava and is currently awaiting response with pricing info. will post when i get it.

jeff

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That LK M70 would be an awfully nice 9,2X62 configuration, IMO. They already make it, and it shouldn't be a big problem to promote it here in the US a bit.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
US Importer has sent order to Zastava and is currently awaiting response with pricing info. will post when i get it.

jeff

Jeff,

What are the particulars (quantity, chamberings, configurations, etc) of this order? Did I miss a thread where I could have submitted a request?

K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
I was surprised to see this thread still alive. And funny that it took a turn towards lefty rifles. I'm left handed but shoot right primarily.

Anyway, point of my post is I bought the Mark X I was looking at when I started this thread. Just bought it yesterday for $320 out the door. IT has a Fajen walnut stock and Redfield mount and rings.

I was looking into my swap to 9.3 and found that Lothar Walther has prefitted barrels for the mauser in 9.3 for $219. They need finish reaming only, it appears. Midway has PTG reamers for $95 and go/no go gages for $28 each, so for $370 I could have it completed except for barrel finishing.

Any reason to avoid the LW barrels?

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by kletzenklueffer

That question alone will ensure this thread will continue for another five pages, minimum. smirk

IMO, there's no reason to avoid using L-W barrels. The trick is finding someone who has experience with them to do the metal work, especially chambering, for you.

z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kletzenklueffer
I was surprised to see this thread still alive. And funny that it took a turn towards lefty rifles. I'm left handed but shoot right primarily.

Anyway, point of my post is I bought the Mark X I was looking at when I started this thread. Just bought it yesterday for $320 out the door. IT has a Fajen walnut stock and Redfield mount and rings.

I was looking into my swap to 9.3 and found that Lothar Walther has prefitted barrels for the mauser in 9.3 for $219. They need finish reaming only, it appears. Midway has PTG reamers for $95 and go/no go gages for $28 each, so for $370 I could have it completed except for barrel finishing.

Actually, the LW Art 72x series barrels are long chambered. You simply adjust the shoulder and shank length to achieve correct headspace. They are not short chambered and therefore do not require finish reaming.

No reason in the world to avoid them. Unless you don't have a lathe or are opposed to farming out the work. I just installed two yestderday. All that I have installed have been superb shooters.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
UPDATE RE PRICING:

I submitted for the following LH calibers and got this response from the US Importer and Zastva:

7x57 and 9.3 x 62: $525 USD

375 H&H and 458 Win Mag: $600 USD.

All must be prepaid. Where do we stand now?

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
UPDATE RE PRICING:

I submitted for the following LH calibers and got this response from the US Importer and Zastva:

7x57 and 9.3 x 62: $525 USD

375 H&H and 458 Win Mag: $600 USD.

All must be prepaid. Where do we stand now?

Jeff - What specific model and stock configuration (wood or synthetic) are these quotes for? Is there a minimum number of rifles needed for this pricing structure? If this is just for lefty rifles, I'm afraid I'll have to pass. If there's a chance to piggy-back some RH rifles on this (to help with overall numbers), I'd still be interested.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
it's their M70 or 98 I"ll have to look. you can see the link. pretty sure we can piggy back RH models to up the order and see if it changes pricing though it's not a bad price for a LH Mauser for those of us in that persuasion. it's also a walnut stocked rifle with CM barrels.

it wasn't indicated whether a minimum number so i'm reading it as that's the price per unit regardless of number sold (unless a really big number which doesn't seem the case here). i'll email the US Importer to get any other specifics we don't already know and will post.

jeff

just checked it's the LK M70. you can link on p3 of this thread and see the calibers. i just happened to pick popular ones.

Last edited by JS_LaCourse; 01/02/11.
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Jeff,

It appears that your thread over on AR is really getting some play. That's great (I'm a member there too) as the more, the merrier. Don't mean to inundate you with questions/requests but are the other Zastava models available? Specifically, I've been eye-balling the M70 Mannlicher and the 98 (these are two different models, if my understanding is correct, so two different prices I'd assume). Is it safe to assume that their synthetic stocked models would be less per unit? To clarify, I'm looking at right-handed rifles.

Thanks for any further details.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I posted this on AR and sent you a PM, but to cover the bases, I'll post it here as well:

Is this group order only good for the left handed LK M70? Can a right handed LK M70 Standard in 9.3x62 be ordered with this group purchase?? Can a right handed LK M98 (which is the original configuration with the flag safety) in 9.3x62 be ordered with this group purchase???

If I can order either or both the above right handed models, if I were to do so, what is the cost for each rifle, who do I place the order with, and who do I send the payment to?

Thanks for any help smile

- Clint Eastwood
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
FROM ACCURATERELOADING:

Gentlemen,

I have requested PMs from those of you interested in this group buy. To date, I have received definitive interest for 15 rifles and we need a minimum of 30 per Zastava to process an order.

We're halfway there guys. I will post any addi info as it comes to me from the US Importer.

Jeff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am interested in one of the lefties, caliber probably 375H&H or 458. Put me down as a definite. I work in Japan but my FFL guys are in Illinois. Thanks.

Norm Solberg

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
thank you, Norm. Noted.

Count now stands at 19.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Guys,

As I have stated previously on AR it would be helpful to me since this thread is getting kinda long if you would all be so kind as to PM with your definitive levels of interest and I will post the tally on AR in the Lefties forum under the thread entitled Would you buy a LH Zastava?

Thanks,

Jeff

E
E
I sent you a PM. I'm definitely interested in (at least) one.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
gentlemen,

as of today, count stands at 23 rifles. order will remain open until beginning of next month to get as many of us in as possible.

jeff

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Will these rifles come with the stocks shown on the Zastava website or will they come with a more American style stock?

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
as you see them on their site. ugly ain't they??

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Jeff,

Sent you a PM a couple of days ago. Any update?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes they are exceedingly ugly!

This is the one your referring to correct?

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/cms/assets/images/lso/lovacki_karabini/M70/levoruki/LK_M70_lefthand.jpg

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
bingo

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Gentlemen,

New developments on this topic. Please see the thread on AR for the latest.

Thanks.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Gentlemen,

New developments on this topic. Please see the thread on AR for the latest.

Thanks.

Got a link to the AR thread?

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
sorry jim62. thank you jim in idaho.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have informed EAA that we have reached concensus in regard to the 30 rifles needed to process the order. I will post when the importer gets back to me with details.

Jeff

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've read all of both threads and still don't know if RH guns in 9.3x62 are available through this and if so, how much $$?

Can you answer those two questions, please?

RLTW
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I apologize greentimber I thought that issue had been covered on AR. At any rate, the US Importer initially offered to get RH rifles as well but has since changed his mind and will only deal with LH rifles. If you go to AR and search for Russ Gould he can give you some direction regarding RH rifles as he may have a line on them.

Jeff

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
K. Thanks.

RLTW
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
UPDATE:

Gentelmen,

I have updated the thread on accuratereloading as the US Importer seeks a definitive interest count.

jeff

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (12344mag, 16gage, 117LBS, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,955 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,736
Posts18,494,987
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.