-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 26 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish that I could have a M1 put on top of my old 7.5X Leo, love that scope for yotes and such! (I even got lucky and found one with a dot in it..)

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
I wish that I could have a M1 put on top of my old 7.5X Leo, love that scope for yotes and such! (I even got lucky and found one with a dot in it..)

Dober

Has Leupold said they can't/won't do so?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leo hasnt told me but I spoke with SU about it and they told him that they wouldn't.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Well, call Leupold and ask them. It may be a serial number range, or something else rectified, or perhaps SU just got bad info.

Worth a call, at the very least.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll give it a shot, thx

Dober

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski

Dober

A 7.5X fixed?
Cool! How old is that scope, Mark??

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tis very old, I've got two of them and totally luv them!!

Dober

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
SU35: "Dear Leupold" - please bring back the wonderful 8.5x25x40mm variable scopes!
I have several of these scopes and why on earth you'all quit manufacturing these a few years back is beyond me!!!
Also try something that will lower the retail prices of your entire scope line - not much just 10% to 15%.
I find myself shopping on the used market for scopes of all brands anymore.
Thanks for all the wonderful scopes you do offer anf for the unsurpassed factory warranty and sevrice you have provided for many decades now.
Long live Leupold & Stevens!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Calvin: Are you being serious?

Your question: "Curious what you think the 8x42 will do for you that the 6x42 won't"?

Calvin, I am going to answer your question on the off chance that you are being serious and do NOT know the obvious answer to the simple question you pose.
A Rifleman can shoot more accurately (smaller groupings of ones bullets!) with a more powerful scope.
Thus the primary reason folks want more scope power is to shoot better (more accurately!)!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

Your question: "Curious what you think the 8x42 will do for you that the 6x42 won't"?

Calvin, I am going to answer your question on the off chance that you are being serious and do NOT know the obvious answer to the simple question you pose.
A Rifleman can shoot more accurately (smaller groupings of ones bullets!) with a more powerful scope.
Thus the primary reason folks want more scope power is to shoot better (more accurately!)!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Idiot.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This thread may have legs, after all.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Idiot.

Established some time ago...

Where ya been? grin...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
VANimrod: Are you as stupid as YOU make yourself sound?
Hold into the wind
Sincerely
VarmintGuy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
VA isn't stupid... not per se anyway. Lol.

John Burns: I had made the comment that the 4.5-14 Leup wasn't my favorite all-around scope and you asked me for specifics. My comment at that time was based on comparing them side by side in gunshops and it'd been a while.

I was in the gunshop today so I imposed upon them to let me look at one again for a bit. It was the newest version with a CDS and no AO or side focus. Not sure how or if that differs OPTICALLY from your scopes.

First- nice scope! Undeniably.

That said, I like more eye relief on the top end, and I like a more generous eye box on the low end. Set to 4.5x, it wasn't hard at all to get the image to blink in and out by moving my head around a bit on the stock, and I don't like that. I could make a 4.5-14 work for just about anything, so in that respect, it is obviously very versatile. However, for my purposes lower-powered scopes that address my particular wants work better for me. My scopes spend most of their time set to 3x or whatever; how a scope performs on the low end is important to me due, probably, to how and where I hunt.

So- not doggin' your scope nor Leupold, but I'll stick with my assessment that it isn't the best scope in the whole wide world for how I hunt.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Okie dokie....I see our miniature rectum ranger from the great white north is back...lets get this shootin stuff over and done with...but then again...I'm still trying to figure out which one is scared and which other 2 are glad of it

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Well bugger me....this is still going!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh how the Do-nothin' Gang,reliably does nothin'!

Am getting a kick outta K-she(who'd require a co-signer to buy dinner at Brad's drive-thru window),as she somehow laments my not traveling 5,000+ miles round trip to rub her nose in her own stupidity,as per her estrogen fueled whim. THAT is classic stuff!

Now ask her to post a pic of this year's "conquests" and it'll either be Rats Inc...or Silence + delete. Too funny!...................

Stupidity is the gift that keeps on giving..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hold into the wind
Sincerely
VarmintGuy

Originally Posted by dave7mm
RaceTire
Im not really sure what your trying to say.But if you can read this.
Seven Heaven: I often refer to these few as "Leupold Bashers" - they are simply idiots with a chip on their shoulder for some unknown reason.
I hosted 3 Hunters in my home for 7 days of Varmint Hunting last week - two of them are MULTI-MILLIONAIRES - one I estimate his worth at 20 million dollars!
The third Hunter I just met and he owns his own successful businesses! He has Hunted on 4 continents!
In other words two of them for SURE could afford any scope on earth.
They brought along 12 Rifles and Leupold scopes adorned 8 of those 12!
The subject of scopes occupied parts of every evenings after the Hunt discussions!
All three of these world wide Hunters experiences were recapped with great satisfaction of the Leupold lineup of scopes, over-all!
I personally own many dozens of Leupold scopes and various other optics (spotters, binoculars etc) - I endorse them (Leupolds) wholeheartedly, as a good investment and reliable afield.
In full disclosure ONE of those three Hunters used to be (he is now recently retired!) consistently one of the top three Leupold retailer/wholesalers, IN THE WORLD!
This same Hunter also had along a brand new HIGH DOLLAR "Meopta" 4x16 variable scope - it worked VERY well but at $890.00 it certainly should!
We'll see how IT holds up.
I usually simply snicker at the "Leupold bashers" that slither about on this site - but from time to time I turn the tables on these dweebs and smash them with actual experiences and real life useages of my own (I have been using Leupold scopes at the range and afield and buying and selling them for right at 50 years now!)!
I do know this, simply ignoring the few mis-informed and mean spirited "Leupold bashers" unfortunately won't make them go away.
Confronting them with the fact that Leupold scopes are the most popular and best selling scopes on earth and various other real life facts usually does shut them up for a while though!
I personally currently own MANY brands of scopes and use them with realistic expectations - these brands include Unertl, Zeiss, Nikon, Bausch & Lomb (both American made and foreign), Redfield, J.C. Higgins, Weatherby, Simmons, Tasco, Sightron, Burris, Weaver and a couple of other lesser known models!
BUT "when the chips are down" (when I am Big Game Hunting in adverse conditions and/or country!) I always use Leupold!
PERIOD!
They have served me well (vitually perfectly!) for MANY decades now and I fully expect them to serve me WELL for the rest of my life!
Leupold scopes are an excellent investment - and NO "Leupold basher" can detract from that FACT - no matter how hard they try!
Long live Leupold & Stevens Company!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

And not throw up alittle.
Your a better man than I.
I will continue to be turd like concerning loopie.
Not the grand poobah of turdism like master inqwe.
But my experiences with Leupold have been somewhat different than Mr.Hold into the wind.
Hope I was civil enough there.
I didnt even call anyone an idiot.

dave

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Stupidity is the gift that keeps on giving..............

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Hold into the wind
Sincerely
VarmintGuy

Care to start maligning folks parents, wives, and kids again, you worthless pile of schit?

Page 23 of 26 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (2500HD, 1234, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 25aught6, 58 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,943
Posts18,519,107
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.