Campfire Ranger
G
well, if we just had a fence on our borderline to secure it.... grin

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I hear there is good shootin at the water tanks.
And not all four legged!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they can't find a drink once they arrive on private land they'll break open irrigation lines. Then the rancher's pump runs and runs until he goes out looking for the break to repair it. Time consuming and expensive.

If the gov't isn't going to do their job, and you're likely to be shot at trying to do it for them, it's cheaper and much more sane to provide water. The life the rancher saves may be his own.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
As I understand it, even the most die hard anti-illegal residents of the area, including ranchers and land owners, would not deny water to a thirsty man, woman, or child crossing the dessert.

That is simply a matter of humanity.

Catch them all and send them back? yes.

Deny them a drink of water in the heat of the dessert? I could not do it.

You don't see this as a way of saying it's okay to do what they are doing?

No, I don't. Illegal immigration is a crime, but last time I looked it doesn't carry the death penalty. I also would think the water stations would be a great place for La Migra to blind up and wait on business to come to them.

Where I hunt south of Sonora and 70 miles north of the river people leave bottled water, food and toilet paper stashes in their remote sheds and barns and leave them open. Less damage that way. These are ranchers with no love for wets, but they are also human.

Steve,

I'm fully aware of the folks leaving their stuff unlocked and stashing supplies to avoid the break-ins. I've hunted in and around west central Texas pretty much my whole life. Brother is guiding on a ranch right now a touch NE of Sanderson. Was over there 2 weekends ago. It's the wild, wild west over there for sure.

Setting up water and supply stations in a high profile way such as this only provides incentive to keep doing it and to keep doing it in areas that may not have fresh water to begin with, which is the whole reason for stashing the water to begin with. Sure makes the folks trying to secure our borders jobs much more difficult.

I'm not an unreasonable, unhumane person. If I did happen to come across folks in a bad way of course I would give them some food/water/medical attention, etc. But to almost encourage them and giving them life sustaining water in a place that obviously doesn't have any to begin with just makes securing the border much more difficult.

Setting water stations up for the sole intent of catching them is another story. But how long would word get out that it is watched 24/7? Maybe a day?

Then back to the same problem...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WyoJoe
Originally Posted by T LEE
As I understand it, even the most die hard anti-illegal residents of the area, including ranchers and land owners, would not deny water to a thirsty man, woman, or child crossing the dessert.

Makes two of us Sir.

Three now!

Make it four, nice to know there are some reasonable human beings that know the difference between disagreeing with illegal activity and recognizing people from other places that speak a different language and have different colored skin are also humans created in the image of God just like the rest of us in this world.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
once again, the "system" is aiding and abetting the invasion of illegal aliens.

would i help a fallen fellow human being? of course. we all would.

but to knowingly allow organized watering stations to exist just shows how two-minded our elected ldrshp really is. the illegals know this, and piggy back from the watering stations on into mainstream culture where they pick up additional bennies at the expense of us taxpayers.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

mad...Bleeding Heart.....

Would you walk across the desert with no water...?

Would you walk across the desert with properly positioned water breaks..?

Take away the incentive and you fix some of the problem. IMO, there's really no way to argue FOR leaving the water out there.

I wish someone would sneak in there and fill em up with saltwater..!

I smell a complete idiot,.... I'd avoid this sorta' behavior in Cochise County, were I you.

"Deny them a drink of water in the heat of the dessert? I could not do it.".......absolutely, and + 1000

We water em' while calling BP.

That's pretty simple, No ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
once again, the "system" is aiding and abetting the invasion of illegal aliens.

would i help a fallen fellow human being? of course. we all would.

but to knowingly allow organized watering stations to exist just shows how two-minded our elected ldrshp really is. the illegals know this, and piggy back from the watering stations on into mainstream culture where they pick up additional bennies at the expense of us taxpayers.

It's not the fault of the people giving them a drink of water. As you say, "the system". That's what needs changing.

Build a wall.
Send them home.
Let them get in line and do it legally.

The wall might cost a few billion.
Rounding them up and bussing home another few.
But it'll save billions and billions almost overnight. The country just can't afford any other plan right now. The liberals and the McAmnesty's of the world are going to have to sit down and shut up.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This illegal invasion is simply war by other means. Any way of stopping it should be fair game.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You know, I'm not talking about providing succur to the Dope Runners here,....I'm talking about poor people in DISTRESS,....oftimes with the children amongst em' suffering the worst.

Thanks for the heads up on the invasion.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by BarryC
This illegal invasion is simply war by other means. Any way of stopping it should be fair game.

Well, lead the charge, Rambo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Water stations are not a problem in Tx as far as I can tell , since most all the land has some livestock action and therefore has water available .

We will be heading down SW of Sanderson in about ten days for the MD season and it's almost a certainty that our camphouse will have been occupied several times since we left last year .Likely to have a buch of wets come thru while we are there - just like last year .

We still can't get a clear answer from Law Enforcement about what we can legally do when we find trespassers who are not citizens .

The S.O.dispatcher [ female ] at Sanderson told me last year when I asked her the question ;

"I'm not sure , but I don't think you are supposed to shoot 'em! "

She was serious .

We will check all the windmills for tracks every time we go around one to get an idea of the number and type of intruders . We will feed 'em and send them on their way since mostly we get "Juan and Maria " types at our place . No coyotes involved and drug smuggling is not done by foot couriers - the country is just too rough .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

That would be a good way to get shot. By the ranchers who built many of those water tanks to keep their cattle alive.

Poisoning a man's stock, or a thirsty traveler......good way to get on several "hit lists".

I'm not talking about putting saltwater in the cattle tanks or poisoning anyone's stock..!

I'm talking about putting saltwater in these damn illegal alien canteens like the one shown below on our National Wildlife Refuge land..!

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by crossfireoops

I smell a complete idiot,.... I'd avoid this sorta' behavior in Cochise County, were I you.

"Deny them a drink of water in the heat of the dessert? I could not do it.".......absolutely, and + 1000

GTC

Thank you,..glad to know I'm a Complete Idiot because I want to cut down on servicing illegals...!

How can you be in favor of a border security, and then want to give them a drink if they circumvent our security..? That makes no sense, you can't have it both ways.!

Originally Posted by chris112

There was a "person" (in name only) that I used to work with. His comments about what went on at the SuperDome after Katrina made me think he was the biggest, stupidest a##hole to be born in the 20th Century. Until I read this post of yours.
Chris

Well come on down to Oklahoma Chris and bring a cattle trailer with you. Since you love em so much and want to help, you can load up a bunch of em and take them back to South Dakota, and then you can take care of em on your dollar..! Heck,..we'll swing by Oklahoma City and pick you up some real nice "South-Side Locos" complete with bandanas and illegal guns. Then you can get a warm fuzzy feeling about helping your fellow man.!

Personally, I'll hang on to my dollars and take care of my family.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

That would be a good way to get shot. By the ranchers who built many of those water tanks to keep their cattle alive.

Poisoning a man's stock, or a thirsty traveler......good way to get on several "hit lists".

I'm not talking about putting saltwater in the cattle tanks or poisoning anyone's stock..!

I'm talking about putting saltwater in these damn illegal alien canteens like the one shown below on our National Wildlife Refuge land..!

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by crossfireoops

GTC

Thank you,..glad to know I'm a Complete Idiot because I want to cut down on servicing illegals...!

How can you be in favor of a border security, and then want to give them a drink if they circumvent our security..? That makes no sense, you can't have it both ways.!

Originally Posted by chris112

There was a "person" (in name only) that I used to work with. His comments about what went on at the SuperDome after Katrina made me think he was the biggest, stupidest a##hole to be born in the 20th Century. Until I read this post of yours.
Chris

Well come on down to Oklahoma Chris and bring a cattle trailer with you. Since you love em so much and want to help, you can load up a bunch of em and take them back to South Dakota, and then you can take care of em on your dollar..! Heck,..we'll swing by Oklahoma City and pick you up some real nice "South-Side Locos" complete with bandanas and illegal guns. Then you can get a warm fuzzy feeling about helping your fellow man.!

Personally, I'll hang on to my dollars and take care of my family.

Go ahead and put salt water in those tanks. Do it personally, as in yourself; YOU put the salt water in those tanks.

WHEN someone dies from that, YOU will be arrested, tried, and convicted of murder.

And, rightfully so.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We are so porked....

what are they thinking?

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
cur dog, we had a lease down there below Sanderson probably twenty years ago that had the old stage road running through it....wagon ruts from a hundred year ago and tumble down adobe stations, and old insulators on mesquite trees from the old telegraph line. place was always crawling with wets....they would use that old stage road as a safe guide line way off the highway.

La Migra was always dragging the roads with a railroad tie to smooth them out and then come check for tracks in the morning.

I imagine it's much worse now.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Go ahead and put salt water in those tanks. Do it personally, as in yourself; YOU put the salt water in those tanks.

WHEN someone dies from that, YOU will be arrested, tried, and convicted of murder.

And, rightfully so.

Now I'm going to be Arrested, Tried and Convicted of Murder for making it difficult to stay in this country ILLEGALLY..!

Shame on me..!

I guess we're gonna have to agree that there's a difference of opinion on this one.

Since you're so happy to give these folks some water, I guess you wouldn't mind going and helping some of the ranchers clean up the filth that the illegals leave around these watering holes...? I'm sure you'll catch the first bus....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

And, rightfully so.

Now I'm going to be Arrested, Tried and Convicted of Murder for making it difficult to stay in this country ILLEGALLY..!

Shame on me..!

I guess we're gonna have to agree that there's a difference of opinion on this one.

Since you're so happy to give these folks some water, I guess you wouldn't mind going and helping some of the ranchers clean up the filth that the illegals leave around these watering holes...? I'm sure you'll catch the first bus....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

No, idiot.

You'd be arrested, tried, and convicted for knowingly and maliciously tainting or tampering with drinking water, creating an "attractive nuisance" and recklessly endangering human life resulting in the death of another that you knew, or should have known, would be a likely result.

The pics and "illegally here" defense, is weak, and wouldn't fly.

Besides, you'd have no way of knowing whether the person who might drink that poisoned water would be legal or illegal.

You could just as easily poison and kill a tourist, a ranger, or a lost hiker as any "illegal", and the result (to you) would still be same.

Nice try with the red herring, though.

And, if you'd pull your cranial device from your rectal orifice, you'd recognize that I'm damned sure not an opponent of stopping illegal invasion/immigration.

I just am not got to advocate poisoning water tanks and likely wantonly and recklessly killing people to do it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Count me in this group, illegal and need to be sent back of course. They are still human beings.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Well, lets see. I have actually been on the buenos aires national wildlife center. Not many have on this website have. You ain't gonna go there now, most of it's off limits for various reasons, mostly due to the danger.
I have actually been up close and personal to those blue water tanks, and in fact i know of a couple about a mile or so from the main B.P. processing center near Douglas.
Unlike most, here, I also have seen the crud in the desert many many times, hey, it's my back yard.
Do I condone or approve of what's happening on the borders, no.

Do I carry spare gallons of water in my vehicle when prowling the desert? You would be a fool not to.
Would I deny water to a thirsy person? Have you ever been dehydrated on the desert? I have. Only a person lower than a skunk would deny water to any living being, animals included.
Have I ever ran accross bunches of illegals in the desert? Contrary to most on this board I have, and have suffered personal loss of property in the thousands of dollars to illegals.
Withholding water or tampering with it in a place like arizona would be about the worst crime i think you could commit.
another thing, and not wanting to put words in the mouths of other posters in arizona on this board, a few come to mind, most of us actually like mexicans/hispanics/culture/food/etc. and the issue is not with the people, it's more with the governments plural that create this situation.
I would dang sure and do feel more comfortable in the culture of the southwest than i ever did among the yankees.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 11/15/10.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (7mm_Loco, 673, 264mag, AB2506, 44automag, 450yukon, 17 invisible), 1,118 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,881
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.