Campfire Outfitter
S
Can't we all just get along?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rifle
what would you guys do? WTF...

i'd get a life and stop sweating all this no-matter stuff...

the old timers, whose values that you claim, didn't much put up with the public use of the coarse language you drop so casually...
of course, this is a new day, and you probably won't have to physically defend your self over it...

you've been offered your money here, by others... if you need the funds to live on, you should take the offer...
if not, then please shut up....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well,I guess this draws a line between where people stepped up and paid and those that didn't.The rings and bases can be covered easily by Talley,point was taking a man's word on a business deal,then he doesn't produce the product,nor contact anyone.........

Rifle,

I was one of the first ten to order bases and rings for my Kimber 84M Classic Select. To date I have received emails back from Matt within two days of emailing him. I am still waiting for mine as well.

However, I believe he is a man of his word and will deliver them upon completion.

There, I feel better. Rant over b

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
I have paid for,been promised shipping and contacting twice and no responses worth a crap yet...
I hate to do this but.....Buyer Beware!! Internet BS!!
Matt,IF you get this refund my credit card! I'll take my business elsewhere....rifle

Am thinking Matt came out WAY ahead on this deal.

Some business isn't worth getting.

YMMV... of course...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This reminds me of another sterling gentleman I met on this forum:

Claude (the Fraud) Gatewood a putative stock maker that stole my deposit and large chunk of Fiddleback maple. Anyone else who has been ripped off by him can PM me for details. I would like to hire an Ohio attorney to go after him. I've contacted the Medina County DA but so far no response.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know about you, but there are days I can't get out of the driveway with an intact grocery list and my wallet simultaneously, much less smoothly get a new start-up machine shop up and running. Chit, Talley themselves mis-shipped an order of mine recently (and they made it right) - chit happens.

So I don't know the gentleman but Matt's a well regarded campfire member that struck out on his own having come from a reputable company. When ONE GUY is juggling business admin, product design, and production it only takes one snag to suck you in and lose a day's progress. Chit happens. Think it was pretty clear from the initial Williams post for sale of his bases/rings that this was a maiden voyage, and anyone with any sense knew things could come up. Are the timelines on custom knives or rifles perfect? Patience. You and I put $100 down in exchange for a new manufacturer's base/ring design, not a heart transplant.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I see Veruca Salt has her eyes on Matt's rings and bases - I Want It Now

Last edited by GaryVA; 11/14/10.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've butted heads with Matt over politics in the past, and I doubt he'd piss on me if I were on fire.

With that said, he never struck me as anything other than a square dealer. I've run a small one-man business... you get swamped, or a supplier goofs on materials, or....... and schedules slip. And at midnight, after a 16-hr day, a guy just wants to have a beer and gather strength for the next day. Not answer emails.

Rifle, do as you see fit, I'm not here to bash you but I think if you take a breath, step back, realize that the reason phone calls and emails aren't being answered is because the guy who'd be answering is literally making rings... a little empathy for the other guy seems in order her, is all I'm saying.

I think Matt jumped the gun a bit on taking orders but in the end, I predict he gets it right.

Anyway...

Last edited by Jeff_O; 11/14/10.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The new design looks promising at this point, though I'm out of gas for the night.

I'll update on the other thread tomorrow and based on actual run times, that have now been adjusted, I should be able to accurately determine ship dates.

Rifle,
In the future, if you choose to deal with folks who sell you parts, a simple PM or email stating you wish to cancel your order would suffice, rather than doing the run down you did here.
I do wish more than anyone, other than perhaps my wife who watched me work on the 11th, rather than us celebrating our anniversary, that these rings and bases would have left a long time ago.

Did I drop the ball on communication? Yes, of course I did and for that I'm sorry to all of those involved, but there's a big difference between sitting on the sidelines and snapping your fingers and putting in the hours to make it happen, regardless of the endless days of nothing going right.

I've been machining one thing or another from gun parts to aerospace products for over 20 years and I figured that there wasn't a whole lot I hadn't ran across in terms of troubleshooting, until this ring project came along. When its all said and done, who knows; it may be the death of me, but not having the ability to draw out of a 401K plan, or sign up for unemployment while things get going, leaves me but one option and that is to move forward and get things rolling just as quick as I can.

So, with that, I'd simply ask that you keep your correspondence directed to me in a more private manner, since I don't think that you're gaining anything by running me down on here and I've agreed to resolve the issue as quickly as possible by refunding your money.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I ordered one of the first 10 myself, and I'm frankly lookin' forward to trying 'em out. Of course, I'd rather Matt worked out the issues before I got 'em which is exactly what appears to be happening. I'm usually a pretty good judge of character and Matt will get future orders.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
In my own businesses, I always figured one measure of success is not having to do business with someone I don't want to do business with. I sincerely hope you get to that level of success. It makes life much more pleasant.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
rifle Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Good Morning to all concerned...
After much more thought,I have chosen Matt's offer to refund my payment and move on. I do still believe it will be a good product,however the "spoiler" was the lack of commucation and empty promises.In an Oct. email he stated that my bases were finished and shipping would be within the week.I have been moving back to NC and sent several email with a forwarding address and left several unreturned messages.No responses,but yet I see several more of his ad's being put out.A simple note would have been fine.That didn't work either...His web-site contact doesn't work and no returned phone calls,email...It's wasn't the money involved,but a lack of pride in CUSTOMER Service.
That was enough,along with the people that had no dog in the fight,who started the name calling,I've had enough of the 'Fire as well.....I will commucate with the friends I've met here thru other channels and leave this be.......rifle
So long..........

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
One less whiny B!tch around here... See ya!

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Good Morning to all concerned...
After much more thought,I have chosen Matt's offer to refund my payment and move on. I do still believe it will be a good product,however the "spoiler" was the lack of commucation and empty promises.In an Oct. email he stated that my bases were finished and shipping would be within the week.I have been moving back to NC and sent several email with a forwarding address and left several unreturned messages.No responses,but yet I see several more of his ad's being put out.A simple note would have been fine.That didn't work either...His web-site contact doesn't work and no returned phone calls,email...It's wasn't the money involved,but a lack of pride in CUSTOMER Service.
That was enough,along with the people that had no dog in the fight,who started the name calling,I've had enough of the 'Fire as well.....I will commucate with the friends I've met here thru other channels and leave this be.......rifle
So long..........

"Chosen to accept his offer"?

Wasn't that what you were whining and crying about to start this; that you wanted your money back?

So, he agreed, and "you choose to accept"?

Newsflash: you were the one making the request, and he accepted. At that point, you didn't have much of a "choice"; you had what you wanted.

As to the folks without a dog in the fight, YOU are the one who went public, inviting comments/opinions. Just because you didn't get what you wanted, doesn't mean that you didn't ask for it.

Calvin pegged it pretty well.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The dude came to the wrong place if he was expecting a pity party..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good character shows. Based on your posts I would not hesitate to do business with you, and will in the near future. If you were building your bases with 20MOA angle I think it would be a big seller. No one makes that split ring configuration without a big ugly picatinny rail.

Originally Posted by triggerguard1
The new design looks promising at this point, though I'm out of gas for the night.

I'll update on the other thread tomorrow and based on actual run times, that have now been adjusted, I should be able to accurately determine ship dates.

Rifle,
In the future, if you choose to deal with folks who sell you parts, a simple PM or email stating you wish to cancel your order would suffice, rather than doing the run down you did here.
I do wish more than anyone, other than perhaps my wife who watched me work on the 11th, rather than us celebrating our anniversary, that these rings and bases would have left a long time ago.

Did I drop the ball on communication? Yes, of course I did and for that I'm sorry to all of those involved, but there's a big difference between sitting on the sidelines and snapping your fingers and putting in the hours to make it happen, regardless of the endless days of nothing going right.

I've been machining one thing or another from gun parts to aerospace products for over 20 years and I figured that there wasn't a whole lot I hadn't ran across in terms of troubleshooting, until this ring project came along. When its all said and done, who knows; it may be the death of me, but not having the ability to draw out of a 401K plan, or sign up for unemployment while things get going, leaves me but one option and that is to move forward and get things rolling just as quick as I can.

So, with that, I'd simply ask that you keep your correspondence directed to me in a more private manner, since I don't think that you're gaining anything by running me down on here and I've agreed to resolve the issue as quickly as possible by refunding your money.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I haven't done business with him though I have followed him on the internet for years. I will not do business with him. Too many stand up guys out there to buy from.
Butch

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow, I am tired after this thread. I can see both sides of this fence as I am sure many of you can. I think all of the particulars have been pretty well covered prior to me. Hope everyone got their monkey butt cream on and all feel better.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Just met a girl today that can't bend her knees. Has diabetes, had three heart attacks, her hands have been operated on for some funky bone problem and her kidneys don't work all that well. Where did I meet her? Ready? At the gym working out trying to keep going.

Give that a little thought while you think about your ring problem.

I forgot, prayers sent.

Last edited by battue; 11/15/10.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great point...........

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (257 roberts, 06hunter59, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 53 invisible), 12,032 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,259
Posts18,544,644
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.