-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Kinda funny.. if old logcutter hadn't started this thread, I'd never have known about Ray's intentional lying and promoting illegal hunts. And in the Gunwriters forum, theres probably several hundred others just like me.

Amazing how much damage logcutter has done to Ray's reputation.

Leads one to ponder that old adage, "Silence is golden".

GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I read quite a bit in the elk hunting section as well as others, even post a time or two. I can't recall RA standing out as an expert or helping with advice. I'm sure he's done some, but the top elk hunter and authority on this site? I've noticed his name a few times and that's it, nothing special as elk hunting isn't rocket science.

We have a few elk hunters here in Az that don't take a back seat to anyone, same in Utah and NM. And have probably posted as much or more somewhere.

I'm sure RA is good, I'm sure he is the best in his honeyholes, and so is everyone else that works their butt off and is good.

What contribution can any of us give about elk hunting, calling, meat care, ect... That others don't or won't give also. The message will still get out.

Nothing against Ray as I don't know him, just the weirdness of the man crush on this thread.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some friends of mine have tabled elk meat from two or more states every year for decades but as far as I know have yet to write or post a word about hunting elk.

Is any of them an expert worthy of Campfire respect?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by krp
..........the man crush on this thread.

Ladies and Gentlemen.......we have the winning answer!

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
"Elk, Deer, and all animals are just like a can of Coors, you punch a hole in the right spot and all the juice runs out and you got a dead soldier..." -Ray Atkinson

That right there proves Ray IS the ultimate Elk hunting King.

Anyone know how to get in contact with Ray? I need to contact him for a guided hunt, as I hear he sells guided hunts with other guides...... possibly a combo hunt with Antelope with horns the size of Texas, or a 40" class mule deer thrown in.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I think a point was made... Just lay off until R.A. responds...

He could be hunting or sick... Or just sick of the net stabbings..

A few years ago I started something that blew up and I just walked away... It was like 6 to one.. Later I found out the guys that had the most posts and in the "click" are just keyboard hunters/fisherman plain losers in real life... With that said who knows what the truth is ??

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Good point.

I hope Ray does return, but it is surely odd to see a person accuse people ( not me, I have no beef with Ray) of running off another member, and would defend that run-off sole like they were hunting partners... and the truth is.... he has never spoken to ole Ray.

To Ray being run off, not my problem. But.....

Accusing other ELK HUNTERS here of not knowing how to clean the boots of Ray as far as hunting elk goes, I think said OP has a wire crossed somewhere. The general statement, and requests to "name names" of people who can fill the void Ray has left, seems odd to this Young hunter. I have only hunted elk 3 times ( 1 kill), so I don't even know what an elk looks like according to the OP's standards of judging my ELK intelligence.

Ya have to be able to filter the Chaf, but if you don't know enough to add your own filter, it is not the posters fault.....although the OP seems to feel only certain ELK hunters with decades of AGE are worthy of even posting replies.

It's all good information, how you choose to use it is your own responsibility.

It really is ashame, I never knew how deep Ray's troubles were until this post appeared, nor did I care.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All this leaves me wondering

Where's the orgasmic, obsessive satisfaction in deifying or demonizing someone whom you've never met and really know nothing about?

just curious

and puzzled

"Good enough" isn't.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Geez, this topic is still running? Ray gets more ink when he is not posting than when he was posting.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
All this leaves me wondering

Where's the orgasmic, obsessive satisfaction in deifying or demonizing someone whom you've never met and really know nothing about?

just curious

and puzzled

It makes small minded people feel powerful and relevant in this world.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
If you are directing that at me, just bored and curious why the OP seems to think Ray is the only Elk person on the internet. I know enough about the OP to decide he is offending others here....

Otherwise

Carry on

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by no_one
[Linked Image]

Over and over, I have told my wife about venturing out onto the porch barefooted.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
LOL

She seems more than "bare footed" from my eyes....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I'd been aiming anything specifically at you, I'd've addressed you.

General observations are like cannon fire on the Fourth.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Over and over, I have told my wife about venturing out onto the porch barefooted....

But unfortunately awoke from your dream before you could do anything more than that. shocked

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Over and over, I have told my wife about venturing out onto the porch barefooted.

She's your wife??? Uh-oh...I owe you a sincere apology.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Sorry Ken

I saw my name at the top in your reply and hoped I had not crossed your line....

Allen

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hemiallen
� I saw my name at the top in your reply and hoped I had not crossed your line. �

That's the curse of the "Quick Reply."

"Good enough" isn't.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by deadkenny
Over and over, I have told my wife about venturing out onto the porch barefooted....

But unfortunately awoke from your dream before you could do anything more than that. shocked

Ha, no... Seriously, everything more than that happened before she went tromping out onto the porch with no high heels on.... smile

Gene, no apology needed. It's the price you pay for having a wife with cute elbows....

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
The real heart breaker is that someone somewhere is already sick of listening to her inane prattle, and is so bored with covering her that he is thinking about a little extra with one of her friends.

I think I might just go and have a little cry now.

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 22250rem, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 61 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,491,995
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.