Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Waterboy,
You are nothing more than a traitor to our country & people, aiding the illegal invasion of our country.

You should be arrested!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Guess that makes every long time desert dweller hunter and Rancher in southern Az a traitor. As we've all given water to illegals.

Whatever, there is a place for our anger and energy, vandalizing water in the desert isn't it.

Kent

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by krp
Guess that makes every long time desert dweller hunter and Rancher in southern Az a traitor. As we've all given water to illegals.

Whatever, there is a place for our anger and energy, vandalizing water in the desert isn't it.

Kent

water in the desert is so unnatural, unless one is wanting it to be there, at great expense and effort.

humanitarian service to the travelers, versus private landowners rights, govermental wishy-washy direction, and illegal aliens crossing over into America illegally. what a strange web we air-breathing humans weave. grin

private land is sacrosanct, at the cost of death, right? governmental land? well, who knows for sure?? but, if we tax-payers are covering the costs of governmental service, we should have a say-so, shouldn't we??

water, cool clean water, it's to die for, for sure. but, leaving polluted water out in plastic containers for the occasional traveler, why, that's inhumane isn't it? so many diseases are water-borne.

what if terriorists from anywhere on the globe visited the watering holes, and "salted" them with whatever virile biologic compound economically availble, to be spread to the mega-cities by lowly migrants just looking for work, a handout, and some federal assistance, at taxpayers expense??

i feel for the migrants (aka illegal aliens), but we're setting ourselves up for an attack by terrorists, flying under the radar, as they continue to encourage illegals to cross the southern borderlines.

does National Security mean nothing, or is it obsolete in the post-modern era??

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
7 layers of foil... may be a record.

Dude, it's water...

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BarryC
Waterboy,
You are nothing more than a traitor to our country & people, aiding the illegal invasion of our country.

You should be arrested!

Where ( general region ) do you LIVE, man, if you don't mind my asking ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp

Dude, it's water...

Kent

General Jack Ripper LIVES !

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by krp

Dude, it's water...

Kent

General Jack Ripper LIVES !

GTC

seriously, if the intruders knows there's no potable water available for 3 to 9 days, why would they risk their lives to go there? well, i mean to traverse through there?

if we are indeed our Brothers Keeper, shouldn't we advise them not to go there, at the risk of their life??

seriously, free water is spiritual, but it's quite in short supply out west, in the desert, isn't it??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
seriously, if the intruders knows there's no potable water available for 3 to 9 days, why would they risk their lives to go there? well, i mean to traverse through there?

Well, Gus, it's not like visiting Silver Dollar City or Worlds of Fun and you get a cute little pocket map with all the interesting stops alnog the way...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
How many times we got to say it. If water gets out there, rain, rancher, trick tank, apron catchment, water spicket from a house, water station from a charity group.

Don't F with it or you will get your ass handed.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WaterStationPrez
I might be able to shed some light on this subject. I am the president of Water Station, a non-profit group that establishes and maintains emergency water sites in California.

What we do not do is guide or help anyone in crossing the border, provide assistance in finding work, shelter or hide anyone who has crossed the border. What we do is leave water along some of the desert trails that people use.

We have permits from the BLM and California State Parks, as well as other agencies and landowners with jurisdiction, and we maintain an excellent working relationship with the U.S. Border Patrol. We just completed our eleventh year working in San Diego & Imperial Counties.

It amuses me when I see the hypocrisy of people who claim to believe in Conservative principles, but who advocate vandalizing our stations. One of the main tenets of Conservatism is a respect for private property and yet here they are advocating the destruction of our private property.

If you have any questions (even one you might think are difficult), I'd be happy to answer them.

Ben

You sound useful.
You ain't skeert of snakes and lizards and other creepy crawlies, are ya? Several species in the area I'd add to the collection. And you won't even have to water them, just bag, box and ship.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ps

Hope you don't mind the hot ones.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by krp
How many times we got to say it. If water gets out there, rain, rancher, trick tank, apron catchment, water spicket from a house, water station from a charity group.

Don't F with it or you will get your ass handed.

Kent

i've had mine handed so many times that i've become quite de-sensitized to the very noun.

water in the desert, does it come from natural rainfall, or is it trucked in, unnaturally?

without water, is there life?? wink

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Since you really could care less on a real answer about a desert and how varied it is, I'm not wasting my breath. Just know old desert law, enemies will band together to take vengeance on water defilers.

Kent

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[quote=WaterStationPrez]I might be able to shed some light on this subject. I am the president of Water Station, a non-profit group that establishes and maintains emergency water sites in California.

What we do not do is guide or help anyone in crossing the border, provide assistance in finding work, shelter or hide anyone who has crossed the border. What we do is leave water along some of the desert trails that people use.

We have permits from the BLM and California State Parks, as well as other agencies and landowners with jurisdiction, and we maintain an excellent working relationship with the U.S. Border Patrol. We just completed our eleventh year working in San Diego & Imperial Counties.

It amuses me when I see the hypocrisy of people who claim to believe in Conservative principles, but who advocate vandalizing our stations. One of the main tenets of Conservatism is a respect for private property and yet here they are advocating the destruction of our private property.

If you have any questions (even one you might think are difficult), I'd be happy to answer them.

Ben
well ben, I am about as conservative as you can get, and I am a life long resident of arizona, over 60 years now, and I DON"T like or condone illegal immigration. I have to admit when i first saw those flags going up and the water stations i had mixed feelings. Probably still do on some level.
On the other hand, i have a LOT of sympathy for many of those trying to get here, hard not to when your grandfather tells you he left croatia in 1906 for this country because of starvation. Yeah i know, he did it through ellis island, but then croatia isn't right next door.
I have also experienced and seen the effects of lack of water in the desert, and regardless of motivation and cause of people being in that situation, one would have to be pretty hard hearted or not familar with it to understand the humanitarian work you do. And i don't actually have a problem with it.
I might add one must look at the conditions from where they are leaving to understand motivation and the risks they take.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 11/17/10.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We're still finding bits and mummified pieces of folks dating from the mid '90s.

Coyotes would get em' out and across,...and LEAVE em'.

Good Post, Ron,....and thanks

GTC

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Folks are still willing to face death to get into the USA.
Stopping them begins at the border.
Water in the desert is life saving charity.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
let's shift the argument a click or two to the right, ok?

shut off the unnatural flow of water, if sold at less than market prices?

is that a fair start? then, let's deal with particulars, ok?

noone benefits from the natural flow of water except the direct beneficiaries?

water, what's it good for? anyone know? wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Drank the Bong Water again,....

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Drank the Bong Water again,....

the fair market price for water? what is it? anybody know for sure?

subsidies, who does it help, and who does it hurt? i mean, there's only X amount of rainfall and snowfall per year.

how best should it be distributed?

i love Kali lettuce shipped cross country, water and all, for a #1.00 a head.

but, if push comes to shove, shouldn't water be distributed according to natural flows??

i dunno, maybe you do?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some of you guys bitch about the border problem 24/7.

Then someone bitches about the fact that water is put out for illegals and ya'll bitch about him bitching.

Make up yer [bleep] minds, you don't make the rules or form the opinions for the rest of us just because you choose to live in that chithole.

I don't see anything wrong with providing water, but I can't stand how everytime somebody voices an opinion on the border issue, our local experts parachute in and attempt correct everybody's thinking.

If it hasn't dawned on you yet, you will need the rest of the country to help solve this problem. So you might want to be a little more understanding of folks opinions or you experts may be left up to your azz in illegals.

JM

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,381
Posts18,488,572
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.