Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Steve; My thoughts are with you, Karen and Stuart. We lost our 8 year old Golden Retriever a year ago and my heart is still heavy with the loss. Sam was a great companion and a gentle spirit...as I write this, her ashes are on the desk in front of me. Nancy and I are going to spread them under a cluster of pine trees where Sam kicked up many a rooster pheasant for us. The pine trees are also a resting area for my brother's chocolate lab, Yukon, so Samantha will be in good company.

We've packed up the shovels and Sam's ashes on several occasions, but have always turned back before getting to the pine trees...call me sappy, I guess.

Take care. -Al Nyhus

Forbidden Zoner
GB1

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Friend Al,

I miss seeing you and I miss our long, enjoyable conversations.

My hearfelt condolences on Sam's passing over the Rainbow Bridge. I truly believe that the grieving we go through is directly proportional to the love we feel for our critters. If we didn't care, we wouldn't grieve. It takes time...and at the end, we have only pleasant memories.

Stuart's predecessor was a Scotty named Mac. Mac lived to be fourteen and he was my buddy, my soulmate. Interestingly, Stuart was born a day after Mac died. When we got Stuart, he was three and was a retired show dog. Believe it or not, his personality is precisely like Mac's. We've always refered to it as daja dog and it's like Mac came back for another go-around.

I know precisely what you are going through with Samantha; your trips to the tree and all of that. A half-cup of Mac's ashes and a half-cup of Stuart's ashes will be mixed up with our ashes. We aren't rushing it, but that is the plan.

I feel sorry for those who do not have deep feelings and a love of dogs.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

335 members (1lesfox, 257 mag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2500HD, 160user, 35 invisible), 2,012 guests, and 1,078 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,559
Posts18,510,575
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.