-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
35gr V-Max v/s the "field" is another topic totally. Can't help but feel our "newb" don't seat many bullets...... hence the nod!

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I prefer 33's,but will take the 35'Max over an MEF version of same,for frangibility..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have had great results with the 40 V-Max both in making tiny groups and thus hitting what I shoot at and the killing performance of the bullet. I will have to get some of the 35 and 33 gr bullets and give them a try. Thanks for the tip.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Scott F
I have had great results with the 40 V-Max both in making tiny groups and thus hitting what I shoot at and the killing performance of the bullet. I will have to get some of the 35 and 33 gr bullets and give them a try. Thanks for the tip.

Scott,

Despite what some others here may have posted, be prepared to BE disappointed when you compare the 35g V Max slugs directly to the 40g Plastic pointed slugs(V max, Bal-Tips OR Blitz Kings).

Especially in terms of wind drift past 100 yards.

The BC of the 35g slug is .109 at Hornet velocities. The 40g slug is about .180

Quite a difference and it DOES show up on the targets downrange.

At 200 yards, the 35g slugs literally drift about twice as much as the 40 grainers. And, they shed energy twice as fast.
Which is pretty predictable ,when the 35g slugs have 60% of the B.C. of the 40 grainers.

Last edited by jim62; 12/10/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That is why I was more than a little surprised by those who liked them. I have always thought the 40 gr was about as good as it could get in a hornet.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 33 at 3450 is well beyond wicked..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The 33 at 3450 is well beyond wicked..................

Really?

Be specific.

Powder(s), charge weights and currently available bullets in that weight to get those velocities.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bulk Hornie 22WMR overruns,'296,formed R/P hulls,400's,20" spouts.

The usual.................

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Bulk Hornie 22WMR overruns,'296,formed R/P hulls,400's,20" spouts.

The usual.................

Like I said be -specific.

Need charge weights for the 296.

BTW, Hornady 22 WMR bullets are 30g- not 33g.

Last edited by jim62; 12/11/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BTW,you are talking out your ass(again).

Will make you earn this one,as Search is your friend and I've mentioned "K's" more than a smidge.

Keep guessing,it's funny..................

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Actually , I don't have to "guess".

Dude, I KNOW.

Even out of a "K" Hornet, 3,450 FPS is Horsechit..

Tell your drunken stories down at the tavern in downtown Moosehump.

The folks here are a bit too experienced and sober to put up with such crap.

Besides,

Even at 3,450 FPS, a 33 to 35 g slug with a .95 BC- ain't SHCIT compared to a 40gr slug at 2,800FPS by the time both hit the 100 yard mark. The lighter slugs shed velocity like a [bleep] stream pebble.

You look like an idiot even mentioning them.

I would expect more intellectual honesty out of someone who believes in high BC slugs in a .223 AI, 7mm WSM etc..

But catching you in a lie is amusing.. grin

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's dead Critters lying everywhere,due to said combo,which is of course a longterm staple.

Wasn't too long ago,that the 33 didn't even exist in your "experience"(2 posts back) and I'll feign my surprise in you're staying the course of the oblivious,from start to finish.

You is simply at the mercy of your "experience" and that's more than funny. Someone who "KNOWS" as much as you,had better be asking questions,instead of giving "answers".

Laffin'....................

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The 33g V max STILL does not exist B'Stick..

And even if you have some non-cataloged or discontinued Hornady slugs in that weight, their B.C. STILL sucks enough to be laughable- less than .1

AND you are still full of schit about 3,450 FPS with a K Hornet.

Like I said, pretty inconsistent rhetoric from the "champion" of high BC slugs in a 223 AI.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dummy,you are in sooooooooooo far over your pointy head,that there's no way to get the daylight to you.

Rink

Feel free to peruse the results of others,with the "V-Max That Don't Exist",according to your "experience".

Search is your friend and will keep your feet outta your mouth,though I'm much looking forward to your next installment of "Things Beyond jim62's comprehension".

Do tell................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jim62
The 33g V max STILL does not exist B'Stick..

And even if you have some non-cataloged or discontinued Hornady slugs in that weight, their B.C. STILL sucks enough to be laughable- less than .1

AND you are still full of schit about 3,450 FPS with a K Hornet.

Like I said, pretty inconsistent rhetoric from the champion of high BC slugs in a 223 AI.

For posterity,as I smell multiple "deletes" brewing from DumbJim..............

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
No deletes from me. no need...

Show us proof of your BS claims.

Provide us with the source for those imaginary 33g V-Maxes and the pressure data for those 3,450FPS loads in a .22 K Hornet case.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Search is your friend and it'll spare you much grief and Crow.

You poor dumb bastards "think" you've a clue and I encourage you to think same and showcase your stupidity as "proof". I've waxed eloquent on the K-Hornet more than anyone else and have enticed an untold number of builds,with nary a dissenter.

The only thing you shoot is your mouth and that poorly...due solely to the "brainpower" fueling same.................

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
B'Schtick.

No- Search is YOUR friend, Skippy.

YOU are the one being called a liar.

Find ONE credible 'net source -other than yourself -for both the 33g Vmax slugs ever existing and the velocities you state.

Like you said, a search is easy.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dummy,I done hung you a hyperlink.

You is staying the course and beating the stupid drum with impressive vigor....................

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
According to that link, several facts emerge, if you'd care to read it again.

1) The bullets you cite-the 30 and 33g Hornady over-runs are not currently available.

2) The B.C.s are STILL for schit- right at or less than .1

3) Even the posters on that forum say the performance of them much past 100 yards sucks- even when fired from slow twist .223s at 3, 600FPS + (see #2 above)

4) You are STILL full of schit about your 3,450 FPS loads.

B'Sctick-

When you tell the world about 75g to 90g .22 cal slugs with .450+ BCs being better than lowly 50-50g slugs in fast twist .223s and 22-250s etc.... you make sense.

But, when you brag up 30-33g slugs with SCHIT B.C.s at unrealistic speeds in a "K" Hornet- you look like a moron.

You can't have it both ways and have any respect around here.

To all gunmaker critics-
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1Longbow, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,528
Posts18,491,150
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.