S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S

Pepsi on Verge of Giving $250K to HSUS?

Sportsmen- Tell Pepsi the Truth about HSUS
11/24/10

The country�s largest anti-hunting group, the Humane Society of the United States, appears to be on the verge of getting a $250,000 grant from Pepsi Cola. The U.S. Sportsmen�s Alliance (USSA) and others are working to inform Pepsi about HSUS� true, animal rights agenda.

Pepsi will award $250,000 to the top two vote getters in an online grant program it developed to provide funding to a variety of projects. Currently, HSUS is leading.

The program, called the Pepsi Refresh Program, was started in January of 2010. According the rules, it is: �an online grant program which makes available millions of dollars to be granted to projects which are intended to improve communities through an online, democratic voting process��

Up to 1,000 ideas can be submitted each month by individuals, companies and non-profit organizations. Thirty two of those ideas will be approved for funding based upon the number of votes received from registered online users. Of those thirty two; two will receive $250,000 and ten each will receive grants of $5 thousand, $25 thousand, or $50 thousand.

The Pepsi Refresh Program rules indicate that no proposal seeking funding can involve lobbying for the changing of laws. Consequently, the HSUS proposal that leads in the current round of voting claims its goal is to �rescue animals who are suffering from extreme neglect.�

However, as the USSA has argued many times, this simply frees up existing resources for HSUS to continue engaging in public policy battles. That means battles against sportsmen.

The USSA has drafted a letter to Pepsi describing HSUS� history of standing against outdoor traditions and conservation funding. Another group, the Animal Agriculture Alliance, which represents many farmers, has also sent a letter to Pepsi. Their letter describes the attacks HSUS has leveled against them.

�We are very concerned that Pepsi, like many other companies, has been misled about the real mission of HSUS,� said Doug Jeanneret, USSA vice president of marketing. �They believe the money will be to help animals when, in reality, the grant will merely free up HSUS to deploy their already vast resources to attack hunting, farming and most animal use. It is important that Pepsi hears from sportsmen and other responsible citizens about this group�

Take Action! - Sportsmen nationwide should do two things in response to this situation:

* Register at the Pepsi Refresh Program website, www.refresheverything.com and vote for a more worthy proposal.
* Contact Pepsi through their consumer phone number, 1-800-433-2652 or Click here to send an e-mail by picking �Question or comment about the Pepsi Refresh Project� from the drop down menu. Please ask Pepsi Co. not to support the HSUS. Explain that HSUS is the number one anti-hunting organization in the United States and has opposed sportsmen on many issues for years.

Tell them that if HSUS is successful with its agenda, hunting would be a thing of the past. Additionally, billions of dollars in wildlife conservation would be placed at risk due to the loss of the funding provided through the taxes paid by sportsmen on their gear.

Pass this message along to a friend and make sure they take action. Also, ask any friends to join the battle today by signing up for the USSA�s NO COST Sentry Program! Just visit www.ussportsmen.org/beasentry, register and they will begin receiving alerts just like this one.

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Glad I'm a Coke drinker.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
go to Pepsi's website and send a comment to them.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
i never liked that flat crap.

Something clever here.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I don't drink Pepsi's and I drink very few Cokes.

IC B2

djp Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you are going to boycott Pepsi, you might have to go a little bit further than avoiding a can of pepsi. PepsiCo has five big companies: Pepsi, Tropicana, Frito-Lay, Quaker, and Gatorade....plus a bunch more smaller ones.

Directed at nobody in particular, just a general observation.

Last edited by djpepper; 11/24/10.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I quit drinking soda about a year ago. I like something more healthy like beer.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't they own tacosmell and pizza hut?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djpepper
If you are going to boycott Pepsi, you might have to go a little bit further than avoiding a can of pepsi. PepsiCo has five big companies: Pepsi, Tropicana, Frito-Lay, Quaker, and Gatorade....plus a bunch more smaller ones.

Directed at nobody in particular, just a general observation.

And the Pepsi brand alone includes Lipton, SoBe, Seattle's Best Coffee, Amp Energy, Aquafina water, etc. They market to lots of folks. They deserve to hear from all customers.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Oh man,..... please tell me they don't own Dr.Pepper too, frown!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
And the Pepsi brand alone includes Lipton...Seattle's Best Coffee....
Wrong. Lipton is owned by Unilever which is in partnership with -- not owned by -- Pepsico which is helping Unilever market their products in areas where Pepsico already has a strong presence; Seattle's Best is part of Starbucks, which as you apparently DON'T recall got in trouble with the anti-gunners for NOT prohibiting concealed weapons on their premises. Do your research next time. For a change.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slopshot
Oh man,..... please tell me they don't own Dr.Pepper too, frown!
Is it REALLY that hard to check this out on your own without repeating the rumors and innuendos posted on an internet message board?

http://www.pepsico.com/Brands.html

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You mean drink pepsi instead of Kool-aid?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I used to drink Pepsi, but switched to diet Dr. Pepper. This is another reason for me not to switch back.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
http://www.pepsico.com/download/US_BrandListnShoppingList6_30_10.pdf

OK, here's is what pepsico claims as their portfolio! You are welcome to the ownership, partnership, portfolio, etc. discussion thing.

Hope it helps you out.

And yes, I really don't have time to check everything. That came from the National Shooting Sports Foundation. Feel free to ask them about the rumors and insinuations, or provide them here yourself.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
YEP,......... THINK I CATCH IT?

You Pros are hard to decipher sometimes, grin.

Last edited by slopshot; 11/25/10.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slopshot
And yes, I really don't have time to check everything. That came from the National Shooting Sports Foundation. Feel free to ask them about the rumors and insinuations, or provide them here yourself.
If you can find the time to run around like a chicken with your head cut off, you can find time to research your subject.

Your list includes brands MARKETED by Pepsico that aren't necessarily OWNED by Pepsico. There is a difference.

Here's where the connection with the HSUS and Pepsico originated: http://www.refresheverything.com

Read the link CAREFULLY. You can vote for other projects to be funded over the HSUS. Use your vote wisely.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Tried it once gave me gas,so no more.I drank RC cola when I was little.
Now when I do it's diet DR.Pepper

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S

Hey Bricktop,

The page you provided showed one vote. Did HSUS thank you for that yet?

No point in asking you to search for HSUS tax returns I suppose. Then again HSUS member arrests might be interesting to you for all I know. Not going to make time for that either, unless needed.

No point in asking you to realize there are other groups that really rescue homeless/neglected/abused animals and do a much beter job of it. And they only euthanize when aboslutely no other alternative. They do not euthanize out of convenience like HSUS. Not do they threaten small children like HSUS. They do not damage personal propety like HSUS. Nor do other groups subscribe to the idiotic lies of propoganda like HSUS and their bigger brother PETA. And, both HSUS and PETA are both anti-hunting.

Get it Yet!

I voted for a much more altrustic causes, and also sent the email explaining HSUS known history and why I would boycott as many of their products as I possible could, should by chance HSUS win. That is my choice not yours. I do not support domestic terrorists that I'm aware of, get it yet!

And I no longer have time for you, cock-a-doodle-dooooo!

Last edited by slopshot; 11/25/10.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slopshot halfwit du jour
Hey Bricktop,

The page you provided showed one vote. Did HSUS thank you for that yet?

No point in asking you to search for HSUS tax returns I suppose. Then again HSUS member arrests might be interesting to you for all I know. Not going to make time for that either, unless needed.

No point in asking you to realize there are other groups that really rescue homeless/neglected/abused animals and do a much beter job of it. And they only euthanize when aboslutely no other alternative. They do not euthanize out of convenience like HSUS. Not do they threaten small children like HSUS. They do not damage personal propety like HSUS. Nor do other groups subscribe to the idiotic lies of propoganda like HSUS and their bigger brother PETA. And, both HSUS and PETA are both anti-hunting.

Get it Yet!

I voted for a much more altrustic causes, and also sent the email explaining HSUS known history and why I would boycott as many of their products as I possible could, should by chance HSUS win. That is my choice not yours. I do not support domestic terrorists that I'm aware of, get it yet!

And I no longer have time for you, cock-a-doodle-dooooo!
The point has obviously gone WAYYYYY over your head.

Since you are concerned about the HSUS possibly winning this prize -- Pepsi isn't "giving" it to them -- you need to VOTE against them. That's how the prize money is awarded. Whoever gets the most votes wins. Understand? Dumbass.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 1,472 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,311
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.