Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Alaska Dave
The local UPS center that I have shipped many guns out of likes to see a signed copy of the receiving FFL holder license before we put it in the box and seal up for shipment. They also print out the label with the FFL holders addy to affix to package. This is sending from a non FFL holder to a licenced FFL holder.
UPS CANNOT -- I REPEAT -- UPS CANNOT COMPEL ANYONE TO PRODUCE A COPY OF AN FFL AS A CONDITION OF SHIPMENT.

All of the licenced FFL holders that I have dealt with have requested a copy of my DL to accompany shipment of gun.
PAY ATTENTION. THE SELLER REQUESTED A COPY OF THE BUYER'S DRIVER'S LICENSE. THIS IS VERY DIFFERENT FROM YOUR SCENARIO. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION PRIOR TO POSTING AGAIN.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
then ship it regular usps mail. as long as you can prove it going to a ffl dealer they will ship it,and cheaper then ups or fedx. actually they will ship it directly to the guys house,but you had better be 1000% sure he's not a felon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
then ship it regular usps mail. as long as you can prove it going to a ffl dealer they will ship it,and cheaper then ups or fedx. actually they will ship it directly to the guys house,but you had better be 1000% sure he's not a felon. just tell the ffl h's an idiot,get another one that will do your deal. i've never seen one that wouldn't do it for a fee. your dealer doen't no how to make a very easy buck.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by srwshooter
then ship it regular usps mail. as long as you can prove it going to a ffl dealer they will ship it,and cheaper then ups or fedx. actually they will ship it directly to the guys house,but you had better be 1000% sure he's not a felon.
THE GCA ONLY REQUIRES A NON-LICENSEE TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO ENSURE RECIPIENT IS A VALID FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSEE. THERE IS NO "1000% SURE" BULLSHIT.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
then ship it regular usps mail. as long as you can prove it going to a ffl dealer they will ship it,and cheaper then ups or fedx. actually they will ship it directly to the guys house,but you had better be 1000% sure he's not a felon. just tell the ffl h's an idiot,get another one that will do your deal. i've never seen one that wouldn't do it for a fee. your dealer doen't no how to make a very easy buck.
THE FFL HOLDER ISN'T THE SOURCE OF THE DIFFICULTY HERE -- IT'S THE SELLER. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION.

THE SELLER WANTS THE BUYER TO PROVIDE A COPY OF THE RECEIVING DEALER'S FFL BEFORE SHIPPING. THE FFL HOLDER DOESN'T WANT TO PROVIDE A COPY OF THEIR FFL TO A NON-LICENSEE.

THE SELLER ALSO WANTS THE BUYER TO SUPPLY HIM A COPY OF HIS DRIVER'S LICENSE.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have sold 2 firearms to out of state individuals using USPS and being that I was unaware of all the rules and regulations I asked both FFL dealers how the transaction would be properly handled.Both told me that the they would give a copy of their FFL to the individual and that when the Individual mailed me the funds and I was ready to ship the rifle to put the copy in the box with the firearm along with a note stating who was selling the firearm ,who was buying the firearm and copies of the DL for both.
I have never shipped ups nor Fed -ex just USPS as I have heard too many horror stories about FED-EX and USPS losing firearms and destroying firearms.
Rightly or wrongly since I have had 2 FFL dealers tell me the exact same thing that is how I would do itagain.
I can see the sellers point of view as well,He probably wants to make sure his fanny is covered in case things turn bad ,lost shippment ,intercepted shippment and the wrong person gets the gun and commits a crime then the seller would have more of a paper trail to cover his butt etc.
Basically sounds like potential buyer needs to find another gun to buy from another seller and the potential seller needs to find another buyer as both sound like they are set on the way that each want to do it !
Cant force anyone to do things the way want them done and vica versa!

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bcraig
I have sold 2 firearms to out of state individuals using USPS and being that I was unaware of all the rules and regulations I asked both FFL dealers how the transaction would be properly handled.Both told me that the they would give a copy of their FFL to the individual and that when the Individual mailed me the funds and I was ready to ship the rifle to put the copy in the box with the firearm along with a note stating who was selling the firearm ,who was buying the firearm and copies of the DL for both.
I have never shipped ups nor Fed -ex just USPS as I have heard too many horror stories about FED-EX and USPS losing firearms and destroying firearms.
Rightly or wrongly since I have had 2 FFL dealers tell me the exact same thing that is how I would do itagain.
I can see the sellers point of view as well,He probably wants to make sure his fanny is covered in case things turn bad ,lost shippment ,intercepted shippment and the wrong person gets the gun and commits a crime then the seller would have more of a paper trail to cover his butt etc.
Basically sounds like potential buyer needs to find another gun to buy from another seller and the potential seller needs to find another buyer as both sound like they are set on the way that each want to do it !
Cant force anyone to do things the way want them done and vica versa!
The term you seek is "vice-versa" and the seller isn't covering his ass. Period. Once he places his parcel in the custody of the shipper, it now becomes THEIR responsibility.

There is absolutely NO LEGAL REQUIREMENT for an FFL holder to provide anyone other than another FFL holder with a copy of their license. If an FFL holder wishes to do otherwise, that's fine, but get it through your head that there's NO LEGAL REQUIREMENT TO DO SO.

I haven't seen a single thing at this point that would indicate that the receiving FFL holder won't allow the seller to verify the validity of their license. I have, however, seen what appears to be a self-important assh*le placing a load of horseshit conditions on the sale of his firearm.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Pete_E
I am wanting to buy a gun from here. It is an individual shipping to a FFL. My FFL will accept via UPS or FED EX from an individual. The seller wants a copy of the FFL (My FFL will not give out a copy to an individual?) Is this uncommon? Is this even needed from the FFL as I beleive when you ship UPS you declare it as a firearm and they can only deliver to an FFL and need a proof of the FFL when delivered? Also the individual wants a copy of my drivers license for his records. I am unwilling to do this as I feel to give this to an individual it has too much info?? They want to know who they are selling to? Maybe Face to face but since shipping why would I provide since I have to complete teh firearm forms for my FFL? Am I being difficult? To ship from an FFL he want another $25 and at that point its not a deal to me and he still wants my DL.

Ask your FFL to give you a Store Copy of his FFL get the Serial no. of The Rifle and have your FFL write on the Store copy the serial #. and for this rifle only.It makes the FFL holder feel better about giving out a copy.Yes Bricktop is right .The seller can check on line that your FFL holder is kosher and really does not need a copy.Just my opinion ,Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
First of all my my term as you call it was obviously easy enough to understand or you would not have understood it.Seems to me that you made a point of it just to be demeaning to me and there waas no point in doing so as I have never been demeaning to you.
Second I did not say that was the only legal way to do the transaction just that was what vthe FFL dealers I had spoken with requested be done.
I dont need to get anything through my head other than your arrogant know it all attitude toward me when I in fact responded to someone else and not you.

I simply stated the obvious ,if you dont like a persons terms dont deal with them.

You know i have seen your other verbal attacks on others and just thought maybe there was some kind of bad feelings between BUT I have never been arrogant or a smart ass to you in any form or fashion.

I will continue to speak in a civil tone to everyone I address and would appreciate if you would address me in the same form and fashion.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bcraig
First of all my my term as you call it was obviously easy enough to understand or you would not have understood it.Seems to me that you made a point of it just to be demeaning to me and there waas no point in doing so as I have never been demeaning to you.
Second I did not say that was the only legal way to do the transaction just that was what vthe FFL dealers I had spoken with requested be done.
I dont need to get anything through my head other than your arrogant know it all attitude toward me when I in fact responded to someone else and not you.

I simply stated the obvious ,if you dont like a persons terms dont deal with them.

You know i have seen your other verbal attacks on others and just thought maybe there was some kind of bad feelings between BUT I have never been arrogant or a smart ass to you in any form or fashion.

I will continue to speak in a civil tone to everyone I address and would appreciate if you would address me in the same form and fashion.
You're right, let's hug. smirk

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
LOL, I,ll pass on the hug , have a good night.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I did get there FFL # and it pops up on the website as a valid FFL Holder. They are not being difficult they just do not want to give out a copy to an individual but will accept a shipment from an individual. I agree the gun is being transfered to an FFL so neither the seller or if he was using an FFL should need my drivers license. I understand that a seller may want to do it his way but I also feel if he will do as described he will sell his gun. I guess it depends either how bad he wants to sell it or how bad I want it. It is a common enough gun that it is not a difficult one to find so I am not to worries about it but would be happy to buy just not on the given terms as I dont feel giving out my DL to an individual is in my best interest considering I have now proveded a valid FFL# he should be more than covered.
Pete

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
now that this is settled ,let draw straws to see who puts a cap in bricktop..........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
now that this is settled ,let draw straws to see who puts a cap in bricktop..........
"Don't ask, don't tell" hasn't ended yet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have read this entire thread. All I can say is wow!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we should package bricktop and sell him as rat poison.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Bricktop
The local UPS center that I have shipped many guns out of likes to see a signed copy of the receiving FFL holder license before we put it in the box and seal up for shipment. They also print out the label with the FFL holders addy to affix to package. This is sending from a non FFL holder to a licenced FFL holder.
UPS CANNOT -- I REPEAT -- UPS CANNOT COMPEL ANYONE TO PRODUCE A COPY OF AN FFL AS A CONDITION OF SHIPMENT.

If they don't have proof that it's going to a licenced FFL holder they won't ship, end of story

All of the licenced FFL holders that I have dealt with have requested a copy of my DL to accompany shipment of gun.
PAY ATTENTION. THE SELLER REQUESTED A COPY OF THE BUYER'S DRIVER'S LICENSE. THIS IS VERY DIFFERENT FROM YOUR SCENARIO. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION PRIOR TO POSTING AGAIN.

Yes i'll be sure to pay attention especially to your posts you attention whore laugh As usual you make a mess of things.

Hunt smart, hunt safe
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Recently completed a similar transaction. The ffL dealer receiving for me request a copy of a picture id from seller if they are private individual. (his own policy)

The seller of the firearm for his own protection requested a copy of the receivers FFl. (for his own protection). I see neither request as being anything but good judgement and business practice.

Also some security for me as I had information (picture id) on the unknown seller, who I was sending several hundred dollars to. Anyone who is legit should not object to the above. The street runs both ways.

How many sellers ship to unknown buyers without first receiving payment. But yet expect buyers to send money in advance to unknown sellers. Have been on both sides and they need equal protection. Honest buyers and sellers should not object to the above. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bricktop

If they don't have proof that it's going to a licenced FFL holder they won't ship, end of story

Yes i'll be sure to pay attention especially to your posts you attention whore laugh As usual you make a mess of things.
It was good for me, was it good for you?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bricktop rocks. He knows his [bleep] when it comes to the postal service, communicating with postal workers, FFL regulations, etc. I've learned a lot from his posts.

He may not always be polite, but he's always RIGHT, and I'd trade that every time for the stupid stuff I always read from "nice" guys who are to lazy to read and understand the rules.

If he's a little dude, I'll be he gets his ass kicked a lot if he talks like he writes, lol, but it makes for a great internet read. Love it.

Oh, and the avatar...perfect.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

263 members (1lessdog, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 219 Wasp, 35 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,771
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.