-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good, good, but I already withdrew A). Do you have anything for B)?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I assume by "B" you question the ability for Russia or China to physically and logistically invade the U.S.?

It took only a few years for the Russian fleet and Air Force to disintegrate from lack of maintenance after the fall of the USSR.

The same would likely happen with the U.S. a few years after anarchy or whatever variation of government-less reality we would entertain.

Russia could take Alaska in a weekend.

Russia and China could build up in Mexico over a few months time and choose the date they want to enter. They don't even need to invade east of the Mississippi. They can stop at the River, thumb their nose at the main population and hold 90% of the U.S.'s natural resources.

Who would stop them?

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Foxbat, you can't discuss or argue logic with a libertine. Barak is such.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Foxbat, you can't discuss or argue logic with a libertine. Barak is such.

"libertine?"

Sure is a dearth of dictionaries in this crowd!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Foxbat
I assume by "B" you question the ability for Russia or China to physically and logistically invade the U.S.?

Yup.

It took only a few years for the Russian fleet and Air Force to disintegrate from lack of maintenance after the fall of the USSR.

Because the government was in charge of maintaining them, and the government was busy trying to keep itself alive and didn't have the resources to maintain idle machinery.

If they were privately owned, either they'd be maintained or they'd be lovingly preserved in storage, because their owners would definitely either want to use them or sell them--now or eventually. Leaving them out in the weather to rust wouldn't serve either objective.

Russia could take Alaska in a weekend.

Would Alaska notice?

Russia and China could build up in Mexico over a few months time and choose the date they want to enter. They don't even need to invade east of the Mississippi. They can stop at the River, thumb their nose at the main population and hold 90% of the U.S.'s natural resources.

What is an army going to do with natural resources? To make use of natural resources, you need factories for building things, not tanks for blowing things apart.

Who would stop them?

Stop them from what, exactly?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barak, you are assuming a violent group of somebody is going to act rational.
What rational did the Huns have? The Mongols?
What is an army going to do with natural resources? To make use of natural resources, you need factories for building things, not tanks for blowing things apart.

That's what the slaves are for.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shreck
Barak, you are assuming a violent group of somebody is going to act rational. What rational did the Huns have? The Mongols?

Do you mean rationale? They had tyrannical governments guaranteeing them a steady flow of abashed, meek livestock to enslave.

That's what the slaves are for.

Cool, but where do you get the slaves? Slaves aren't much good for fighting.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by 163bc
Thank you Steve for the reply. What Wiki leaks has done is treason as I see it. Wiki is levying war against us and is an enemy of the US. It is posing a great and grave danger to our men and women serving us all over the globe. 163bc

Treason? Really? Can treason be committed against the US government by people who are not its subjects?

For example, take Saddam Hussein. Was he committing treason when the US government invaded his country?

And no, WikiLeaks is not posing a danger to "our men and women serving us all over the globe," if by that you mean the US military forces occupying 135+ foreign countries to impose the will of US politicians on them. The US government itself poses a far greater danger to them than WikiLeaks could even if it wanted to.

Try not to fall so easily for the propaganda of the likes of Hillary Clinton and other sleazy politicians. Consider the source and do some checking of your own. Have an open mind.

Isn't the US military involvement in over 135 foreign countries - to DEFEND America? That's what I have always been told by most members around the fire.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Russia rolled into Czekoslovacia(sp) and did just that. They used their own troops for fighting and enslaved the populace.
It also worked for the Romans for a good while.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Isn't the US military involvement in over 135 foreign countries - to DEFEND America? That's what I have always been told by most members around the fire.

Defend America? In Belgium? Germany? Italy? Serbia? Spain? Turkey? Britain? Defend America from what, exactly? What is Turkey going to do to threaten America that troops stationed in Turkey could stop?

Here's a list from 2008 (PDF).

Lots of people have been taken in by the propaganda that service in the military equals defense of the American public. I call BS, unless somebody can show me a mechanism. I say service in the military equals defense of the ruling elite.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Russia rolled into Czekoslovacia(sp) and did just that. They used their own troops for fighting and enslaved the populace.

Once more: how do you enslave a well-armed, independent, self-sufficient populace that isn't accustomed to slavery, especially if you represent a thundering minority in their midst?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
how do you enslave a well-armed, independent, self-sufficient populace that isn't accustomed to slavery, especially if you represent a thundering minority in their midst?

Easy, you kill half and tell the other half what awaits. Hostages work, you'd be amazed at the co-operation you can get from a man when you hold a gun to his family's head.
History is full of peoples being enslaved by others. And examples of small armies holding large populations under submission.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
how do you enslave a well-armed, independent, self-sufficient populace that isn't accustomed to slavery, especially if you represent a thundering minority in their midst?

Easy, you kill half and tell the other half what awaits. Hostages work, you'd be amazed at the co-operation you can get from a man when you hold a gun to his family's head.
History is full of peoples being enslaved by others. And examples of small armies holding large populations under submission.

How do you kill half? I can see how you might get three or four by surprise, but after that you're going to be losing guys every time you turn your head. And even if you do get some hostages, do you think folks who are used to doing on their own without a government are going to meekly submit to whatever you say, or are they going to show up unexpectedly behind you and blow your head off?

Hint: what happens in Afghanistan when British, Russian, or US forces try that? Success? Another hint: no.

And yes: small governments hold large populations in slavery all over the world. But it's always populations who are accustomed to being held in slavery. Who holds the Bedouins in slavery? The mujaheddin? The Somalis? If they (at least the first two groups) can manage to stay unenslaved with practically no technology, imagine how much more successful tough, resourceful, independent folks could be with modern technology. Cheap unbreakable encryption, digital ham radio, onion-routing networks, repudiable encryption, digital cash--and those are only the elements I know a little about because of my area of expertise. I'm sure there are many others that could be put to use to frustrate and bypass an invading force bent on domination.

But not with sheep--there you're right. A society of sheep will always be enslaved, whether it's invaded or not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barak, gotta run, I'll get back to this when I get home.
I do so love a good argument.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The government people aren't worried that national security will be compromised.

They're worried that yet more evidence of their corruption and ineptitude will be exposed.

When they tell you otherwise, they're just doing what they do best,...bullshittin' the people.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I mean,...c'mon.

Everybody who believes that Hillary is telling you the truth about it,..raise your hand.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Once more: how do you enslave a well-armed, independent, self-sufficient populace that isn't accustomed to slavery, especially if you represent a thundering minority in their midst?

If you think you can hold out long against the US military.... Think again

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by temmi

If you think you can hold out long against the US military.... Think again

Nice thought, but the Afghans and the Iraqis have been making monkeys of them for almost a decade now.

(It didn't escape my notice that when I talked about enslaving a populace, the US military as a tool for doing so seems to have popped immediately into your mind.)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
edit to add.
to no one in particular.

Just a thought. If US military machine (or UN, for another example) were unleashed on the American people, do you think their hands would be tied behind their backs as they have been in recent "wars"?

And (with fear of sounding like Gus) what would the American liberal population do, in comparison to what they do now and have been doing since viet nam conflict?

Last edited by Archerhunter; 11/30/10.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� Unless you're talking about wisdom revealed from on high that you can't defend and therefore can't afford to have challenged, you're guessing, my friend. � I sense that what you have is different. Give me a try. You haven't yet.

All right � try this:

God has always preferred that He mandate our behavior.

Satan offered the option of each person managing his own behavior.

God's people insisted that instead of Him, they wanted human rulers.

God said All right, you can have your own rulers, but you won't like 'em.

God let us have the institution of human government. Even those rulers whom He approved at first sooner or later became fatally flawed, polluted, tainted, imperfect � because they were humans, neither God nor gods.

So we have, ostensibly, three choices �
� God
� self
� government

I believe that the three are really
� God
� self (with Satan pulling the strings of human nature)
� government (with God's permission)

Which one do you trust?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (17Hunter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 163bc, 65 invisible), 2,643 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,434
Posts18,507,609
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.