-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ever try an oversized dog like a Rotweiler, Doberman, or ill tempered Chessapeake Bay Retriever?

You'd be surprised how many guys will think twice about stealing stuff when confronted by an oversized teddy bear (well teddy bear to you... flesh ripping holy-terror to them)!

A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life.

The King of Battle!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TysonT
Ever try an oversized dog like a Rotweiler, Doberman, or ill tempered Chessapeake Bay Retriever?

You'd be surprised how many guys will think twice about stealing stuff when confronted by an oversized teddy bear (well teddy bear to you... flesh ripping holy-terror to them)!

People have tried that around here but when they get ready to steal it, your dog gets a diet of poison meat balls.

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
http://kdminer.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=797&ArticleID=40873&TM=8604.068

Seems like they are moving to the country, this is my buddy(Home owner) Had his 38 loaded with Snake shot!

Run for your life,surrender or stand up and fight!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dave09
http://kdminer.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=797&ArticleID=40873&TM=8604.068

Seems like they are moving to the country, this is my buddy(Home owner) Had his 38 loaded with Snake shot!

Dang! I'm loaded, currently with a Glock 357 Sig and a Remington 870 using 3" Hevi Shot Dead Coyote (T shot size) loads... If I have to fire to protect my life, I want the perp DEAD!

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I'm most surprised to read that they rammed the ATV into locked cattle gates. Obviously thieves aren't known to be super smart, but that could well have ended vary badly had the gates not gave way. I suppose on thier 1st theft attempt they sized up the gate as vulnerable and thus they thought nothing of it and blasted it full steam ahead. (??)

I'm hoping this has a happy ending for you and you're made whole and they're caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by biglmbass
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I'm most surprised to read that they rammed the ATV into locked cattle gates. Obviously thieves aren't known to be super smart, but that could well have ended vary badly had the gates not gave way. I suppose on thier 1s theft attempt they sized up the gate as vulnerable and thus they thought nothing of it and blasted it full steam ahead. (??)

I'm hoping this has a happy ending for you and you're made whole and they're caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

When you are geeked up on meth, reason and proper thought processes don't always mesh in a coherent manner.

I wish they had been slung over the handle bars and onto the paved road in front of them to be honest.

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I'm most surprised to read that they rammed the ATV into locked cattle gates. Obviously thieves aren't known to be super smart, but that could well have ended vary badly had the gates not gave way. I suppose on thier 1st theft attempt they sized up the gate as vulnerable and thus they thought nothing of it and blasted it full steam ahead. (??)

Win/Win for the theif. They either get the machine when the gate gives way, or, they get to sue the owner of the gate when they're injured because the gate didn't give way during their escape.

It's a damn shame ain't it.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dawn2Dusk

Dang! I'm loaded, currently with a Glock 357 Sig and a Remington 870 using 3" Hevi Shot Dead Coyote (T shot size) loads... If I have to fire to protect my life, I want the perp DEAD!
Buddy been there, told the POS he didn't want to Kill Him!

Run for your life,surrender or stand up and fight!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TysonT

People have tried that around here but when they get ready to steal it, your dog gets a diet of poison meat balls.

People who do this kind of thing on a regular basis need to be caught, and killed.

Quietly, if that's more "P.C." in your area. Leave the law out of it entirely,......if it leads to a less stressful resolution.

They're Vermin.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[quote=Dawn2Dusk][quote=dave09]http://kdminer.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=797&ArticleID=40873&TM=8604.068

Seems like they are moving to the country
, this is my buddy(Home owner) Had his 38 loaded with Snake shot!

Yup, property crimes are at an ALL TIME high here, according to our S.O.
The lowlifes are virtually ALL Prior Offenders, too.
Looks like all of the "Rehabilitation Programs" that have kept so many employed for so long were a complete wash,....eh ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Buddy been there, told the POS he didn't want to Kill Him!

Similar story, but this one ended badly for the thief. Justified shooting obviously, but I'd have skipped the TV interview and simply said I feared for my life and where's my lawyer. This happened in south Alabama.

http://www.wsfa.com/global/Category.asp?C=195969&clipId=5336665&autostart=true

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'd have skipped the TV interview and simply said I feared for my life and where's my lawyer. This happened in south Alabama.

http://www.wsfa.com/global/Category.asp?C=195969&clipId=5336665&autostart=true

Only comment to ANYONE should be; "I want representation and I'd like to contact my lawyer."

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Doesn't it just rub salt in your wounds when they cut your chain in the middle rather than the link your lock is going through? I have a couple of short, useless chains because of that kind of foolishness.

I did catch a guy in a garage he shouldn't have been in with a trail camera. He is currently cooling his heals in the lockup and will be for some time. That judge that loves pictures can't stand a burgler. He is one of the good ones!

Harry
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm just not sure there's anything you can do to where they can't steal it or in the process of trying to steal it that they won't tear it all to heck making it worthless...

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'm just not sure there's anything you can do to where they can't steal it or in the process of trying to steal it that they won't tear it all to heck making it worthless...
I dunno.. Mine are inside a locked pole shed (no windows) and the home alarm is tasked to the doors.. I remove the batteries in the winter and I can see the door from my bedroom window (where I just happen to keep a handy self-defense item - with night sights laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Redneck
I dunno.. Mine are inside a locked pole shed (no windows) and the home alarm is tasked to the doors.. I remove the batteries in the winter and I can see the door from my bedroom window (where I just happen to keep a handy self-defense item - with night sights laugh laugh

Only difference in our set up is that it's an open air shed. The gates are alarmed through the house alarm, the lot's gates are chained locked. The whole set up is just outside my parent's bedroom window and there's a 357 Smith and Mossberg 500 ready to go. They were just quicker than my aging father was. Bastages waited until I went to MO to hit. Had I been home and got the call they'd got their money's worth in trying to out run me.

Last edited by Dawn2Dusk; 12/01/10.

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bastages waited until I went to MO to hit.

Makes you wonder who all knew you were going out of town.

Harry
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D2D,

Very sorry to hear about your loss, quad theft is rife over here too. How long is it between the first and secnd theft? Over here they will very often steal the first machine and then turn up again several months later to steal the replacement.

No idea what costs are involved, but you my want to fit a gps tracker unit and also some sort of concealed immobiliser switch. Even if you don't get a tracker unit, maybe print off some fake gps tracker warning labels...

Security wise, I am sorry to say it, but the locks and chains in the picture are simply not up to scratch..

Do a search on high security chain meant for motor bikes, and uses one (or two ) of those chains to secure the quad to a good ground anchor..They are expensive, but are far more resistant to cutting short of the theif using a torch.

Use as short a length of chain as practical and if at all possible, chain it such that the quad is over the chain/anchor to restrict access with bolt crops ect.

A short chain is also better as it stops the theif from folding it back over it self and smashing it with a sedgehammer..

For a ground anchor, look at something like: http://www.yanchor.com/

Last edited by Pete E; 12/01/10.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mathsr
Bastages waited until I went to MO to hit.

Makes you wonder who all knew you were going out of town.

Yeah, pretty sure I know who sold me out on that end too. He hangs with the thug we think rode it off. We're still hunting and the quail have flushed yet but the dogs are getting real birdy!

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe take the plug out or yank all the fuses next time so they can't ride it off your property?? Thing is with thieves, if they want something bad enough they will find a way to take it.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1Akshooter, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,875
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.