Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well, on that note.... You're still a dickhead.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Congrats to the boy! Well done.

I have to wonder if that Sierra entered the chest, unstabilized (if that's a word), and finished its journey sideways? Hell of an exit.

Pete

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Duquensebeer
That just shows the intelligence of some people.

The Matchking is designed to shoot paper - not whitetails.

The other thing is someone so lazy as to shoot a doe on the first day of rifle season. Shows a lot of desperation.
Not a good example to set for a young kid - run into the woods, shoot the first thing that comes along, fill the freezer and leave.
I would bet that if they would have paid their dues that doe could have easily turned into a nice buck if they would have held off shooting the first thing that came down the trail.

Wow, what a totally rude post!

I'm sure the young hunter was very proud to kill a doe. More "hunters" should be as proud instead of being the snob buck hunters many have become.

They took the young kid with hunting and that IS setting a good example.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by tzone
Well, on that note.... You're still a dickhead.

+1000

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I reread the OP's comments and he never said anything like what you're addressing??

You're a nut job. Based upon your second paragraph, you must be in the first category of hunters in Pa who complain that there "is" no deer, eh? If the game commission allows the harvesting of does then there are obviously enough to support this kid taking one.

Please pass along my congrats as well. Sounds like the kid can be grateful and proud.

If you want to see other amazing pics of wicked exits from SMKs on the various long range hunting forums/boards.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I just recently finished hunting for three days with my grandson on his Thanksgiving school break. After two days of holding out for a buck, (his dad is a bucks only fair weather hunter who only hunts a couple days a season), he decided that he would take a doe if one offered a good shot. We saw nothing at all on day three. Both he and I wished he would have taken a doe on day one or two, rather than go home empty handed since he has never killed a deer. He'll have another chance in our late doe season here in Michigan when he comes to stay over Christmas. As for myself, I held out for a mature buck last year and had only tag soup to show for it. Since myself, my wife, and grandson all love to eat venison I shot a very nice mature doe on opening day of our gun season and was darn glad to take her. It's hunting and family that are most important and I say congrats to the young man in the OP. We need young hunters in our ranks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
douchbeer has stepped to a new low in this thread. What a [bleep], I have yet to use the ignore feature but this guy may be the first one I put on that list!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Way to go there little fellow. Congratulations on your first deer. First day of the season or last day of the season; it does not matter. You killed a nice legal deer.

As an aside, the biologists like for people to kill does early because it gets them out of the way quickly so the deer not killed by hunters will have less competition during the harsh wintertime. I start shooting does for the freezer as soon as my buck hunting guests bag their bucks and go home. I shot one this morning and plan on shooting several more in the next few weeks.

Deer hunting was not always as easy as it is now where I live. I started 47 years ago in a time when very few deer were around. There were no deer at all on my own property. We hunted the local swamp (about 20,000 acres) for weeks with very few sightings and even fewer killings. We ran dogs through the swamps and shot the bucks with buckshot because the chance of a deer walking by a stand or even coming to a corn pile were quite low. Now they are a pest to the farmers and are quite easy to kill. (Old big bucks were never easy to kill and are still not very easy.) I like it that way and spend a lot of time and money keeping the deer on my farm well supplied with food and cover even though I usually only kill one or two deer (usually does) every year. My wall is already full of antlers and the freezer needs filling.

Do I feel justified in killing a doe at first light on the first day of the season because I "paid my dues" by enduring years of freezing on a dirt road in the middle of a swamp in the hope that a deer that probably did not exist might come into buckshot range of me. No, not at all. I feel justified because there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking any legal deer on any legal day by any legal means.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
congrats to the young HUNTER. enough said

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
FIRST: Congrats to the new HUNTER!!!!

Now to the mixed up world of Duquesensy. This from one of your previous posts. Which I must add was your backhand response to another young hunter. Hmmmmm.

As a matter of fact, I would rather shoot a small doe as shoot a large buck. The meat tastes better in my opinion.

Then there is this twist of logic from this post:

Why he would want to walk back to the truck when he had a roof over his head, walls around him, a Kerosun heater to keep him warm - is beyond me.

Deer move because hunters move.

That roof, four walls and heater? Yep, you really learn your woods skills with equipment like that.

And Deer sometimes move irrespective of hunter influence.

How many other personalities are lurking and yet to be revealed?

Last edited by battue; 12/02/10.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by battue

That roof, four walls and heater? Yep, you really learn your woods skills with equipment like that.

And Deer sometimes move irrespective of hunter influence.

How many other personalities are lurking and yet to be revealed?

He probably rides a golf cart in like swampdouche to

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Personally i like the bullet choice. I have shot several big game animals from Whitetail to Texas Dall Ram and none have yet to take a step. Only reason they are considered a match bullet is because the Military cant use them if they were a "hunting Bullet". Great shot kid and keep it up.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats on your first deer!!!!
FWIW, we don't gut our deer either. We hang them up, dismantle, drag the carcass off.

Take your kids hunting, instead of hunting your kids.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Question for folks who butcher deer without gutting.
Do you cut out the inner loins? If not, you're discarding the best meat on the whole carcass.

Mmm, mmm good!

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When hanging by the rear legs you can push everything out of the way and get the tenders out no problems.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by EddyBo
When hanging by the rear legs you can push everything out of the way and get the tenders out no problems.

Yes very true. We call the tenders the "fish" You can get to it without breaking open the gut. Just push the gut sack over and cut it out from under the backbone.

Last edited by Spazzoni; 12/03/10.

Don't fruit the beer!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll give it a try.

I've done road kills without gutting but only took back strap and hams that weren't damaged in the collision. Was scared to look inside so just left it.

ps
I notice the feller with the indigestion hasn't been back with further commentary.
A blessing, that.

Last edited by Archerhunter; 12/03/10. Reason: eta

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The other thing is someone so lazy as to shoot a doe on the first day of rifle season. Shows a lot of desperation.
Not a good example to set for a young kid - run into the woods, shoot the first thing that comes along, fill the freezer and leave.
I would bet that if they would have paid their dues that doe could have easily turned into a nice buck if they would have held off shooting the first thing that came down the trail.

Your next good post will be your first. Just go away already.

And for the record, you spelled your handle wrong which surprises me NONE. (Duquesne Beer)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I am REALLY sorry I missed this the first time around. I agree with most here that you are the sorriest excuse for a human being that I have run across. You are a total waste of oxygen. You are robbing the rest of us. You should get on your knees and apologize to this young hunter. You are completely ignorant and I do NOT mean that in a nice way. mad mad mad mad

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
way to pee all over the kid's rainbow, douchebeer.

i suggest if you're gonna say something stupid in public try saying it to the mirror first and if you're okay with it then go ahead. otherwise, keep it to yourself.

and nice coat in your picture, BTW. another wally world mighty buckhunter.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (12344mag, 16penny, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,139
Posts18,484,059
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.