Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That was going to be my suggestion as well. GSP's are high maintnance compared to a ESS. Plus ESS's do not need near as much space to run and can out run most lab's twice a day. I have had 2 labs I trained to hunt and worked with GSP's and now have 2 ESS's and would highly recommend the English Springer's. They are wonderfully tempermented for family and kids and are easily trained and mature faster than labs by a good year and a half.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my GSP hasnt been run as much as normal due to the fact we got so much snow and unless i can turn him loose on a plowed road there really isnt anywhere for him to run but all things considered he has been very well behaved this winter with less than ideal exercise......GSP's were bred to be family dogs aswell as hunting dogs, if a GSP isnt well mannered in the house your getting away from what was intended with the breed.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
This one loves to hunt pheasants!
Cat
[Linked Image]

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Some "wild" GSPS(They are most definitely not all hyper!!!)
In this pic several of my Champion (show dogs) FT pointed(male to far right needs 1 pt for his FC & a major for his show CH making him a dual champion), MH & SH adults on the couch and a litter of 6 week old pups. Yes, I let my pups run the house when I am home from the time they are 5 weeks old. They are usually 80% or more housebroke when they leave me. There were 9 pups and 7 adults in my house at this time with no problems.
[Linked Image]
Two of my 2 yr olds, white pup is 6 mnths old & Tara their Dam, all but the baby have FT points & show points Tara is a fnished CH, SH, RDX.(with MH legs and FT points)
[Linked Image]
Same crew different pic
[Linked Image]
Father and daughter at my grooming shop, they lay quietly all day loose, never bother clients coming in nor their dogs or I could not have them at my business.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by zodiakgsps; 02/14/11.

Be the type of woman that when you wake up each morning and put your feet on the floor the Devil says -
"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Is that 4 or 5 GSP's on the chair? That's a great picture, I love it.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have 2 GSP's both 8 yrs old, my female hunts close my male runs fairly big but does a great job of holding the roosters on point. Wonderful family dogs, eager to please. Yes they need attention. If you get a GSP do yourself a favor and get 2, having the 2nd dog around really helps with keeping them exercised, they love to play. If the GSP's have a down fall its extreme cold weather, I will hunt mine down to 5-10 below zero but below that is just to hard on them. Both of mine have been wonderful companions. I may try some different breeds in the future but I will always have at least 1 GSP.

Side note: they are self cleaners, even after a day of hunting in nasty cover full of burr's you pull one or two off the collar and they are de-burred, try that with the long haired breeds smile

3-7-77
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
dont need 2 GSP's.....my 50 pound GSP burns alot of energy playing with my wifes 5 pound dachshund grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
sako4me, there are 4 on the loveseat. My guys always "pile" like that, weirdos!!
This is my old boy with his nieces pups (the pup next to him with the single spot just won a large derby horseback derby stake at the Central GA Pointing dog Club):
[Linked Image]
He's sick now, my sweet old Mac boy......not doing well, 13 yrs old. Tara (his niece) seems to know it & is ALWAYS with him, mothering him. I have had several breeds over the years & none have shown the bonds the GSPS have, at least in my clan.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by zodiakgsps; 02/18/11.

Be the type of woman that when you wake up each morning and put your feet on the floor the Devil says -
"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,548 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,785
Posts18,515,806
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.