Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Exaggeration? You ever been here? We have snow from Sept thru June some years...Seen a foot of snow on the last day of summer and 6 inches here on June 8, both here not on some stinkin mountain. Have actually seen it snow on the 4th of July. You stunt doubling for JeffO or what?

Come on up California man............

Well I know you get a lot of snow, I just had no idea you only had two seasons up there. You need to come on out in Feb, we can put on sweaters and go for a hike.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
There is two seasons July and winter.

only10x Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
hell, im from CA and ^^ hilarious!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Exaggeration? You ever been here? We have snow from Sept thru June some years...Seen a foot of snow on the last day of summer and 6 inches here on June 8, both here not on some stinkin mountain. Have actually seen it snow on the 4th of July. You stunt doubling for JeffO or what?

Come on up California man............

Well I know you get a lot of snow, I just had no idea you only had two seasons up there. You need to come on out in Feb, we can put on sweaters and go for a hike.

Why would I need a sweater? grin And yes we have 2 seasons... road construction and winter. I was in San Diego one February to watch my oldest son graduate from MCRD. They had a "severe winter storm" there during our stay. I got the biggest kick out of the front desk staff over their obvious concerns. It was raining and a little windy......I teased them a bit about it. I told them a real winter storm is when the snow is blowing so hard you can't see the end of your car hood. smile

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Good socks and uninsulated boots beat the hell out of insulated booted boots. You can adjust for the temperature. I have used both.

Yeah, maybe if you are driving around in an F250 all day...

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Good socks and uninsulated boots beat the hell out of insulated booted boots. You can adjust for the temperature. I have used both.

Yeah, maybe if you are driving around in an F250 all day...

not hardly... perhaps what works for me doesn't work for you? I work outside layers of proper socks work best for me. If it get real cold and I am standing behind a survey instrument then I break out the pac boots.

BTW how did the work thing turnout? Well I hope!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My feet get cold in July...

Not sure on the work, got reemed, now I have been flying under the radar. I've got some things on the horizon, working for government -and- with a woman boss is a disaster!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My feet get cold in July...

Not sure on the work, got reemed, now I have been flying under the radar. I've got some things on the horizon, working for government -and- with a woman boss is a disaster!

I hear ya, a friend of mine had a vertically challenged female supervisor with a chip on her shoulder and is a micro manager. I told him to transfer and he finally did to another office...life is much better for him now. Hope it works out for you, nothing good about an unhappy work environment

As to cold feet, if mine do get cold I am miserable. I have to use sock liners in cold weather to move the moisture away, especially if I am walking.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just checked. The "goodfriend" code is NOT working this morning. Looks like they didn't extend it.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
why do I have a feeling this isn't a glitch, with the site going down? They probably hit their objective, then threw a wrench in the machine to prevent more sales at those prices.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wow, i called the customer service number today, and they wont answer. even after letting it ring for 5 minutes.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
wow, i called the customer service number today, and they wont answer. even after letting it ring for 5 minutes.

Closed Sunday?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
why do I have a feeling this isn't a glitch, with the site going down? They probably hit their objective, then threw a wrench in the maching to prevent more sales at those prices.

My guess is the offer was never intended to go "public", so I can't hardly blame them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
why do I have a feeling this isn't a glitch, with the site going down? They probably hit their objective, then threw a wrench in the maching to prevent more sales at those prices.

My guess is the offer was never intended to go "public", so I can't hardly blame them.

I could maybe understand not extending it "due to technical difficulties" but they should have prepared for the onslaught of online activity. It's called contingency planning for god sake!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Again, it was a "friends and family" sale and was probably not intended to be made public. Are you a friend or family of an employee?..

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When I placed my order I noticed a ton of rediects and reverse proxys. It's my guess that due to PCI compliancy requirements that Danner outsources this part of their business. You'd be surprised at the number of companies I work with everyday that run these types of promotions but are not willing to step up their network for the traffic spikes and load balancing.

Trust me their commerce service provider for this promotion is down. It's not a hoax or quota attainment thing. Having said that it's just plain downright stoopid that they did contract with someone like Akamai for the load.

BTW their site is back online.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Again, it was a "friends and family" sale and was probably not intended to be made public. Are you a friend or family of an employee?..

Good point! I did email and ask them to be placed on their "friends" email list! grin

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why is it that some think they would be open on a Sunday, did anyone get through today?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Why is it that some think they're going to extend an offer that was never intended to be made public in the first place?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I receive "family and friends" offers from Kohl's all the time thru my niece

Last edited by wildbill59; 12/05/10.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,802
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.