-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
What is we went back to the original constitution for federal taxes. Hypothesize.

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It doesn't matter what is done, the federal government has decided they're going to spend money until the nation is completely gone and people are dying in the streets. Won't be long now.... Look at the lunatics! Spend, spend, spend. Print, print, print. Giving billions and trillions away to half the countries on the planet. Allowing mexican nationals to send billions and billions back to mexico. Billions and billions to bail out rich bankers who make stupid decisions. Billions and billions to bail out stupid wall street theives. Billions and billions to bail out insurance. Billions and billions to bail out worthless lazy assed unions. Throwing billions and billions away on a phony drug war. Billioins and billions trying to find a few particular whacko muslims amongst millions of whacko muslims. Billions more wasted surveilling and frisking down Americans doing nothing but minding their own business and trying to get from here to there. Another few billions on the welfare class they've deliberately created. Billions more on stupid chit like wolves and making sure nobody can drill for oil or build nuclear plants. Billions more subsidizing stupid chit like ethanol for gas or huge expensive fans that look like hell across the landscape and can never pay for themselves.

etc, etc, etc. There's literally thousands of other programs on-going. It's [bleep] ridiculous!

They'll never stop until they're either imprisoned or hung by lamp posts. And that's the truth!

I'm gonna go read one of Gus' stupid threads now.

Last edited by Archerhunter; 12/11/10.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by crosshair
What is we went back to the original constitution for federal taxes. Hypothesize.

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers.
And most of the Federal Government's funding was meant to be from a flat tariff on imports.

Yes, naturally the Sixteenth Amendment was a bad idea. That's needless to say. Most of the changes in the way our government operates since 1913 have been very bad ideas. Probably a pipe dream, though, to think that we could restore the republic by any sort of orderly or lawful process. The bankers are firmly in control, and they don't mean to let us escape their plantation. They'd make Nazi Germany look mild by comparison if the American people were to demand a true restoration of the American republic. The only way the current system is coming down is by a Weimar Republic style economic collapse, and that's not going to be pretty. It's likely to happen, however, since the international banks have nearly sucked us dry and are in the process of moving on to greener pastures.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And ironicly it was a Republican that started it.

Now I'm neither Rep. or Dem., I have had enough of "liver or fish" slopped at me. Just when was it decided we'd be a two party country?

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Look at the riots over funding universities in England. They have to cut the entitlements. Easy to give, difficult to take back.

Really though. repealing the 16th and 17th would allow the states to regulate spending. Then there would be no entitlements, no federal purse strings to speak of. The feds would loose control of the states.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by crosshair
Look at the riots over funding universities in England. They have to cut the entitlements. Easy to give, difficult to take back.

Really though. repealing the 16th and 17th would allow the states to regulate spending. Then there would be no entitlements, no federal purse strings to speak of. The feds would loose control of the states.
Yep, and that's exactly why they were proposed for ratification.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (7mm_Loco, 35, Allen Martin, 300_savage, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 8 invisible), 1,718 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,477
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.