Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You can bet the guide won't use a red dot, he won't take any chances and the bear won't eat him when he finds out how full of [bleep] he is!!!????

I am 100% against waterboarding. Splatter their brains out the back of their heads.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Many times, when a guy says something obtuse, he will, if left uninterrupted, go ahead and top himself....

Last edited by cmg; 12/16/10. Reason: spell

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gonna try & put an end to this nonsense thread now. If I'm not mistaken (could be), this scope that nimrod wants to use, shoots out a beam of light resulting in a red dot. If so, I do believe that it's illegal to use anyway. I'd have to check the regs but it seems to me I read that a scope with illuminated crosshairs was legal but a scope transmitting a beam of light was illegal. I could be wrong on theuse of such stuff tho.
I know nothing about this scope he's talking about since I don't like nor use any "wannabe" gear.
Bear in Fairbanks

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bear,

sights of the type "nimrod" is talking about do not project a beam onto the target, but inside the unit body onto a glass surface (either direted at the shooter - Eotech and others or directed away from the shooter - Aimpoints).

The dot then floats in your field of view (both eyes open and focused on target). Makes for a quick aiming system - when working.

Last edited by cmg; 12/17/10. Reason: spelling

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Polska
Originally Posted by AKBoater
Originally Posted by Polska
Some of these guides in Canada charge $10,000 for a moose hunt or caribou or bear. Thats just ridiculous!! How high do you think their operating costs are??? Some gas for the quad, a few boxes of rifle bullets and paying for their lease or paying off any loans for their property... these guys have deep pockets don't fool yourself.

Dang, Anybody know where I can find a moose, caribou, or bear lease?

Seriously Polska, you're so far out of your element it is really embarrassing to watch. IF you think guiding is just some dude with a 4-wheeler pointing out animals, I think you're beyond help.

no, it is hard, but it's not rocket science, and many natives who have no money for college or a real job become hunting guides cause people travel from all over the world to hunt species like moose, or bear, or caribou and these guides know it and they make A LOT of money. I'm not trying to minimize hunting guides, there are a lot of hunting guides that do the right thing, but there are a lot of others consumed by greed, just like anything else in the world money makes the world turn and even in remote places the same istrue

You might contact a fellow Pole:

http://nortonsoundguideservice.net/nsgs/?page_id=2&lang=en

and ask him about a job so you can get in on the "bounty" of the "gouging". Then again, you might learn something from someone who is without question a whole lot smarter than you are making yourself out to be. And you won't find nicer or more helpful people to be around.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Headspace, I been living and hunting in Kansas for 35 years. As
hard as I've tried, I haven't been able to find a Bear. Do you think you could be my Guide next Bear Season ? What's our chances ?

Rabbitdog / Shriner

Shriners Helping Kids
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Next time I'm in Poland I'm going balls deep in several gals with no condom. Maybe I can breed the stupid out.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Next time I'm in Poland I'm going balls deep in several gals with no condom. Maybe I can breed the stupid out.

Good to see your helping your fellow man out!

I am 100% against waterboarding. Splatter their brains out the back of their heads.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I think you'd need to skull [bleep] him to breed the stupid out!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
There's a picture.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok, I stand corrected. Shoulda kept my big mouth shut.
B.I.F.

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bear,

all the technical stuff aside, your feeling about these units for use in AK is correct.

Great idea in itself - no cut in the field. What fails under German hunting conditions, sure as heck does not get considered for AK.

I'd rather you continued to contribute. Others much more in need of a dose of STFU.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bear_in_Fairbanks
Ok, I stand corrected. Shoulda kept my big mouth shut.
B.I.F.

Just wanted to clarify, I take it you were not using nimrod in its formal meaning:

Nimrod ((Old Testament) a famous hunter), also known as a person who is dedicated to or skilled in hunting.

I'm sure you were only using nimrod as slang in the informal sense:

Informal: A person regarded as silly, foolish, or stupid.

In its true meaning, some of the greatest hunters we've ever known are/were big time nimrods wink

Best:)

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Rabbitdog
Headspace, I been living and hunting in Kansas for 35 years. As
hard as I've tried, I haven't been able to find a Bear. Do you think you could be my Guide next Bear Season ? What's our chances ?

Rabbitdog / Shriner
Rabbitdog,
I'm keeping my limited bear properties set aside for the Polock, soon as he sends the money. I'm beginnning to think he can't raise 75 bucks. After all, that's almost 50% of the amount Poland spent on it's defense department in 1938. I'll put you down for next season tho. I quarantee the biggest chance in the industry.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Just how tough are you?
Scent Blocker clothing was invented in Poland to try to increase the birth rate there.When it didn't work there the patent holder sold the idea to some sharp operater in Alabama for 15 bucks. That guy made a fortune marketing to the only group of people slower than Poles. Bowhunters from the South.

Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
one of those eotech xps transverse models would be nice on my future ruger alaskan in 416 ruger. Nice and small, runs on 1 cr 123 battery, rugged. good reticle - 65 moa circle with 1 moa dot. nice for up close or far.

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
natural selection at work before our very eyes...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
She will ask for your advice,
your reply will be concise,
she will listen very nicely
and go out and do precisly what she wants.

Professor Henry Higgins
"My fair Lady" Opera

Certain parallels are hard to not notice.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have a friend with a .375 RUM w/ an EOTech on it. After several years of using it to kill brown bears, in hindsight, he wishes he would have gone w/ a .375 HH and a low powered scope. In particular, the EOTech offers nothing better over a good scope for close work, and it is much worse for anything past 100 yds.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I'm sure band camp and Alaska are equally as tough on [bleep]. Good luck with that.

You can blow me at the next band camp Steely. smile

Christ Polska, you sure dug yourself into a deep dark hole over the last ten days...I actually like Canada and the opinionated bastids here at the fire...

If you gotta have a red dot, why not get off your wallet and buy a Schmidt short dot?

Cope
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1minute, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 204guy, 52 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,912
Posts18,498,283
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.