Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I suspect even though you shoot a bit, you've not nearly shot as many 75amax as I have.

I won't say the problem is not fixed, but I've seen some major issues with them.

I can say this also, but anyone with sense checks it, if you don't make sure the tips are solid on the amax(I'd suspect any tipped bullet, and I've seen more than a few loose or missing ones from Hornady) you won't be happy with where that loose or missing tip impacts.

You say bolt gun. Thats mostly all I've ever shot them in basically... single feed in an AR is the same as a bolt gun.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ALL A-Max are greatly improved,here as of late(5yrs or so).

I could not say an AR is a boltgun,no matter how it's fed.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I hear Encores are single fed also...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
You are right its not a bolt gun, my point was that there is a difference between ramming one in in semi auto and deforming a bullet, vs putting in the chamber adn closing the bolt.... You can do both with the AR.

Of course I"ve never had an AR that would shoot under an inch or so at 600. Bolt guns may. Lock time is an issue vs accuracy.

I"m glad they fixed the Amax thing... they let it go way to long. ITs why to me, Hornady has a sucky reputation at times. I specifically told them the length issues and it continued to happen for a few years.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice to cam a kiss in a boltgun and the A-Max love the approach.

Happiness is a 1-8" 21" 223AI boltgun,kissing the 75 at say 2.450" or so................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Oh, don't think I didn't kiss for LR ammo in the AR.... I've ended with powder in the action on a cease fire before.... Bushing sized tight brass and engaged rifling with VLDs

IIRC thats about the length of my 90 loads too...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I gun .003" constriction,moly and a kiss.

You must be French Kissin' and the some.............(grin)

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
moly.... and generally 25 deep throated for best runs on my VLD... used to call it soft seating....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lotsas ways to skin that cat...especially when hand milking a selfshucker,because you can seat long,reduce constriction,engage/setback and do as you say.

But I've been a fan of reliability too long,to purposely travel that route.

.003" and a kiss,is where my heart lays..............

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
yep, you talk hunting, I talk targets... I'd never do what I do on hunting rounds....

Reliability is the key, 003 neck constriction, 002-004 body bump back, and I actually try to stay at least 10th or more from kissing for hunting. Just me....

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I talk shooting and whatcha point it as,is fairly moot.

Broke down,is broke down and I cain't like it ever.

A kiss has yet to disappoint,in any AO...............

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
FWIW, I haven't built one yet (emphasis on YET), but the idea of a heavy sporter with a 1:8 22-250 barrel set up for the 75 A-Max could be the most versatile mid-range coyote/antelope/small whitetail rifle imagineable.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The 75's have been wonderful small to medium game pills for me. I have wacked some nice hogs with them. They penetrate nicely with and kill quick. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by txduckman07
FWIW, I haven't built one yet (emphasis on YET), but the idea of a heavy sporter with a 1:8 22-250 barrel set up for the 75 A-Max could be the most versatile mid-range coyote/antelope/small whitetail rifle imagineable.

Yeah, it will duplicate a 243...

just like my fast twist 22.250 seems to be doing..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Jeff, You might not want to push Shtick too far or he might post another weak lumberjack video, or even worse another photo of a scope duct taped to a baby diaper........the horror

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Don't bother me none, I have grins watching stuff....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockchuck828
Jeff, You might not want to push Shtick too far or he might post another weak lumberjack video, or even worse another photo of a scope duct taped to a baby diaper........the horror

Let's HOPE you take issue.

Fingers crossed..............

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,777 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,237
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.