Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Mike Nelson (Lloyd Bridges) was in one on �Sea Hunt�. The bad guy shot at him under water with a .38 revolver. Mike was about 5-6 feet away, put out his hand and stopped those bullets cold.

I saw it on TV, so it must be real. wink

Robert Whats-his-name, the publisher of Soldier of Fortune magazine, apparently conducted an impromptu test to see if a 1911 .45 would function under water. In his case the test area was the pool of the motel where they were staying for the annual SOF convention, and the impetus for the test was a certain quantity of alcohol. According to reports, it worked. grin

Why would it not?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
P.S – Why is everyone impressed when a pistol fires under water? When was the last time you heard of a gunfight under water?

I don't know the answers to your questions but I do know a guy who carries a speargun as one of his truck guns. No, I can't explain that.

We are all on standby while Tonk is as requested compiling all the documented evidence of Glock superiority. I am sure he will be back any minute now listing citations and providing voluminous links.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Originally Posted by Tonk
The Glock pistol, has been subjected to many testing situations, that would put many other type pistols in the "YOU LOOSE" catagory simply put. This testing has been going on for years and many just seem to close their eyes to the reality of true facts!!! These facts have been documented to say the least and are no big secret. To hammer someone who has spent the money to test this pistol and show those negetive people to the GLOCK pistols attributes, is once again a ride down a dead end street people. This pistol has proved all over the world and their is more Glocks in use than anyother type period. So are all these various countries blind I ask?

Okay, you apparently are aware of a wide range of �tests� where the Glock comes out on top. What about when the Glock doesn�t come out on top, are you aware of those? My point is simply that Glock has not won every last �test� it has been subjected to. Glock is an excellent pistol, but it�s not a super pistol and it doesn�t wear a cape.

P.S � Why is everyone impressed when a pistol fires under water? When was the last time you heard of a gunfight under water?
The 1911 design has been tested in real warfare in service to United States Military personnel over nearly a century, and as the primary sidearm of said establishment for over 65 years.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

1911's are still used and issued in the Military

Last edited by jwp475; 01/05/11.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I am being serious.

Does anyone have test where the glock did not do well? I don't think I have ever seen one but if they are out there I am sure they don't make the big gun magazines.

I read that alot divers prefer to carry a pistol underwater to use against sharks instead of bang sticks. I read that somewhere so take it for what its worth.

Dink

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

The Glock didn't do very well here in this simple shooting exercise

Glock Ka-BOOM

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
No one has any real idea what caused it. It very well could have been a double charged case. I watched a video yesterday on youtube with a 1911 springfield that shot the barrel out the front of the frame. The poster finally said it was a double charged case.

I don't consider that the gun failing with out knowing all the details.

Dink

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by DINK
No one has any real idea what caused it. It very well could have been a double charged case. I watched a video yesterday on youtube with a 1911 springfield that shot the barrel out the front of the frame. The poster finally said it was a double charged case.

I don't consider that the gun failing with out knowing all the details.

Dink

The Glock Ka-BOOMS are fairly well documented. I have a friend that has testified in court as an expert witness in lawsuits regarding the Ka-BOOMS and we are talking Ka-BOOMS with factory ammo
In his expert opinion it has to do with the barrel and slide unlocking prematurely

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DINK
I am being serious.

Does anyone have test where the glock did not do well? I don't think I have ever seen one but if they are out there I am sure they don't make the big gun magazines.

I read that alot divers prefer to carry a pistol underwater to use against sharks instead of bang sticks. I read that somewhere so take it for what its worth.

Dink

Department of Homeland Security trials of 2002, Sig and H&K passed, Glock failed. Department of Defense trials of 2005(only Sig passed). DEA 1991 test, the famous "frisbee" test. (http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/upgrade-faq.html#frisbee)

This is not evidence of Glock being a bad gun, just evidence that Glocks are no better or worse than any other high quality maker of pistols. Glock�s are great pistols, but like I said, they don�t wear a super hero�s cape.

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Spot on Kevin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes it is true Glocks work!

Just like this woman can make a good wife
[Linked Image]

But would you marry her?

This is why I do not do Blocks.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jwp475

1911's are still used and issued in the Military
They sure are.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jwp475

Spot on Kevin
Yep.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (06hunter59, 1minute, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,324 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,684
Posts18,513,491
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.