Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Fotis Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
During the late 1980's Remington made a few of these. I have one. The stock for the FS was Grey (mine is 7mm rem mag) and the RS was like a real tree pattern.

The action was glass bedded to the stock and the rifle is incredibly accurate. Mine has produced 300 yard groups under 1" on many accounts.

The stock feels like a "kevlar" style stock. Extremely light and durable.

This is all I know about them. Can someone shed some additional light on this?

I heard this was a brown precision stock....

http://www.auctionarms.com/closed/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=9518893.0

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Fotis
During the late 1980's Remington made a few of these. I have one. The stock for the FS was Grey (mine is 7mm rem mag) and the RS was like a real tree pattern.

The action was glass bedded to the stock and the rifle is incredibly accurate. Mine has produced 300 yard groups under 1" on many accounts.

The stock feels like a "kevlar" style stock. Extremely light and durable.

This is all I know about them. Can someone shed some additional light on this?

I heard this was a brown precision stock....

http://www.auctionarms.com/closed/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=9518893.0

RS stands for Rynite Stock...injection moulded...The FS was made by Either Brown or Mcmillan...I bought one new in 1988...nice stock. I also owned a 7mm Rem mag...I had the action glass bedded and the the gunsmith(Ed SHilen) had the barrel air gauged...he said it was straighter then most custom barrels...it shot bug hole groups with just about everything.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Somebody got a steal,how much you want for it? Grin

1 and done
Fotis Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Mine shoots like crazy also

μολὼν λαβέ

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C'mon, Pop. You know you want it! I'd be all over that if I hadn't blown the toy fund on a .270, an '06, and a 7 Wizzum in the last two weeks.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It sold buy it now,did you buy it Fotis?

1 and done
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It's a Brown Prec stock, I have one in 7 Rem Mag that is pretty darn accurate with 150 Ballistic Tips over H4350, and not bad with 140 TSX's over Rel22.

With a 4.5-14 Leupy in Talley LW's it's 8lbs even.....
Here are some targets I shot with mine..
100 meters is 109 yards,..200 meters is 218 yards..300 meters is 327 yards.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"after the bullet leaves the barrel it doesn't care what headstamp was on the case"
"The 221 Fireball is what the Hornet could have been had it stayed in school"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No doubt a Brown Precision stock. However bought it is a thief. laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had one about identical,traded for it at a gunshow. When I sold it I put $700 on it. Sold it in one day...

1 and done
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Smoking deal, dayum! My lefty 30 06 shoots 3 loads sub moa and is wonderfully light. If I see another I'd buy it in a heart beat.

IC B3

Fotis Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by highridge1
It sold buy it now,did you buy it Fotis?

Heck no man. Mine is like new in the box. All I did is had it duracoated.

The olive one in the picture!
It also shoots great. 300 yards it has done .75" groups with Hornady 162 sp and 160 Accubonds.

[Linked Image]

Why wanna buy it? Make me an offer
grin grin

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just put a olive and black web stock on my rem 700 300 ultra. That color looks real good!

1 and done
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The FS is a Brown using their standard construction although the pattern is unigue to the FS model. It is very much like a McMillan KS pattern, especially in the pistol grip, although IIRC from the one KS I had the forearm of the FS is slimmer. The FS originally came in both grey and with a ghost leaf camo pattern overlaid on the grey. I've had one of each, a 7mm RM in ghost leaf and now a .30-06 in plain grey (actually two of the ghost leaf as I bought an FS stock separately from Remington to restock another rifle). Not a fan of camo rifles in particular but really liked that ghost leaf pattern, it was very subdued.

I don't believe the RS ever came in camo as it was just a molded plastic stock but I don't know for sure. I've just never seen a camo RS but that doesn't mean they never made one.

Those FS models were and are one of the best kept secret deals out there. A lightweight package overall that keeps a standard sporter barrel contour, glass bedded into a quality fiberglass stock all for the price of a regular production M700. I was happy to pay a bit over $600 for that NIB .30-06 about 3-4 years ago.

$375 for one, even a little scuffed up, was indeed highway robbery!

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Fotis Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The RS did come in camo. My buddy has one.

μολὼν λαβέ

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The RS stock on the 700 RS that I had was made by Six Enterprises.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR
The RS stock on the 700 RS that I had was made by Six Enterprises.

MIVHNTR,

I could be wrong.... But I always heard that the RS was made by Hogue. And the AS (Arylon stock) stock was amade by Six Industries...

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Recently got a black RS long-action BDL takeoff. Hopefully will be back in my hands tomorrow for some full pics but my impressions are: very solid, zero flex, maybe heavy, black with whitish/grey speckling, sands well, feels dense. It is way nicer than a Tupperware plastic unit IMO. Don't really know what Rynite is but a quick Goggle and it appears to be a Dupont glass-reinforced polyethylene terephthalate (PET) resin. Polyester man.

However, the one I got was a 1980s factory defect. This one had a small ridge of material along the action channel roughly parallel with the ejection port about 1/16"x1/8"x3" long that I presume caused the stock to spread and a small crack to form behind the front takedown. The ridge (and crack) are barely visible in the picture... I sanded out the ridge and the material 'worked' nicely, smooth powdery feeling. Figuring to spread and superglue the crack and/or add a pillar. But I'll need a bargain action like you found first. Kinda buggered by the apparent brittleness, so I don't know...

I believe the RS, KS and FS 700s all hit the market in 1987 and the AS in '89. OT

[Linked Image]

Last edited by oregontripper; 01/03/11.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Fotis Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Mine looks nothing like that.

μολὼν λαβέ

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Fotis
Mine looks nothing like that.

And yours is laid-up not molded, correct?

Here' another look at this RS. Not really white/grey speckling as described above, more black with hints of OD-like swirl. It really is very stiff with absolutely zero forearm flex, so all I need is an action, and some spray paint... OT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Oregontripper is right. I have a RS in .280, that is the stock. I had a FS that was camo leaf gray in 7Rem mag. The RS is a good, stiff stock-better than the injection molded stocks to come later. If there is a drawback to the RS, it's that they were not checkered and proved to be a bit slick. Nothing that texture paint won't cure. The FS is a better stock, being laid up fiberglass and are a deal if you find them. An early complaint was that they were loud-everyone being used to wood stocks. These were the start to synthetic factory stocks, although Weatherby offered the first synthetic stocks on a factory rifle if I remember

Golden............
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (12344mag, 1moredeer, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 73 invisible), 3,011 guests, and 1,380 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,231
Posts18,485,673
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.