Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 28 29
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Okay guys, someone help me with this.

Why does Glock have these followers who think the Glock is the end all everything? What is it about a Glock that makes someone think it�s the ultimate, and that there could be no wrong coming from Glock? Why is it that Glock lovers chose to completely ignore any evidence that might signal that a Glock is just like any other pistol?

Why is it you can have someone talk about a trip to the range where he sees 10 1911�s fail, but when someone says he saw 10 Glocks fail, all hell breaks loose? What is it about a Glock that makes it sacred from all common sense?

For every feat of the amazing, you can find a tale that tells quite the opposite story; yet the Glock-o-holics will only believe the former and never the latter. (to be fair, for every tale of the amazing, you can find a tale of failure for just about any firearm; it�s the nature of firearms�they�re not perfect)

So Glock-o-holics�What makes the Glock so special, that you�re willing to automatically dis-believe anything negative, and only believe the positive? What magic does the Glock have that makes one do that?

GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I like Glock pistols but I like all guns. Glcok is not the be all end all in pistols but I think its very close. I seen hundreds (maybe thousands) of glock pistols fired over the years. I have seen a Glcok malfunction maybe six to ten times in probaly 500,000 rounds fired maybe more. Could those 6 to 10 malunfuctions been with ammo that was out of spec? I think some of them could have been.

I have probaly seen 100 to 200 1911's in action. Of those I have seen several fail. I would really hate to guess but I bet its more than 25% of those pistols quit running at some point. I know where there is a springfield right now that won't run a magazine with out some type of malfunction.

I had two 1911's that were 100% but I really did not put that many rounds throuh them and the rounds I did shoot were always quality factory stuff. I have seen 1911's fail and it was always in the back of my mind that they would. I have shot stuff through a glock that I would not have tried with any other pistol and they just kept chugging right along. I found some ammo that was left outside at the range the other day from our last qual in OCT. I loaded it up and the glock shot it like it was new stuff.

It finally boiled down to when something went bump in the night I was never going to grab a 1911 with a glock laying there.

I am sure there are some bad glock pistols out there I have just never seen one.

Dink

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There you have it. A 0.0012% failure rate for Glocks, and a 25% failure rate for 1911s. Kevin, how could you ask such a silly question?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Okay guys, someone help me with this.

Why does Glock have these followers who think the Glock is the end all everything? ...What makes the Glock so special... What magic does the Glock have...?

R. Lee Emery!!

[Linked Image]
Uhrah! Nuff said. Semper Fi!

(I'm not really a big Glock fan--just wanted to feed the thread!)

Last edited by gmoats; 01/06/11.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
for it's intended purpose the glock pistol in my opinion is the best there is.

out of the box reliable, user friendly, light, comfortable, dependable, accurate, simple, and ease of repair.

the glock does not need to be enhanced to be reliable ( unlike 1911 style pistols ).

i abused mine during firearms instructor couse putting more than 1000 rounds through it during a 2 week course. i never cleaned it and had zero malfunctions.

the only problems iv'e ever had with any of my glocks ( and iv'e had a bunch ) is i knock the front sight off of one and a block pin broke. gun would still fire 1-3 rounds before the slide would lock back.

i shoot my glocks and carry them daily. they do not get pampered and they work everytime.

when it's my azz on the line and the whole world is going south i want a glock in my hand.

p.s. i've owned a ton a pistols in my time and none equal the glock as a duty or defensive handgun imo.

Last edited by rockchucker; 01/06/11.

FJB
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gmoats

R. Lee Emery!!

[Linked Image]
Uhrah! Nuff said. Semper Fi!

This is the guy who looks like R. Lee Ermey, only rougher!

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockchucker

out of the box reliable, user friendly, light, comfortable, dependable, accurate, simple, and ease of repair.

Pretty much describes the vast majority of pistols available today.

Except to the Glock jihad. Therein lies the rub.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would have to reply, "Why do so many say that Glocks are a plastic POS". I only have one Glock, but I like it. To me, it seems like on this forum that there are more Glock haters than lovers.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RufusG
There you have it. A 0.0012% failure rate for Glocks, and a 25% failure rate for 1911s. Kevin, how could you ask such a silly question?
A low failure rate is truly a large factor..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's just a friggin' pistol guys - nothing more, nothing less. It has its pros and cons just like any other design. Because it's a mechanical device invented by a human being, it can't be perfect.

But I can tell you one thing, within the design parameters for which it was intended, there's a whole lot more right with it than there is wrong with it.

Having said that, I've never understood why people feel compelled to either love it or hate it. Can't we all just get along? ;^)

Personally, I happen to really like most Glocks for a reason completely overlooked and irrelevant to most shooters. Glocks have a feature that pretty much sets them apart from every other pistol out there. Anyone care to guess what it is?

Hint: The answer is NOT polymer.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
IC B3

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
the glock does not need to be enhanced to be reliable ( unlike 1911 style pistols ).
Says who? Where do you get this?
The M1911 served in US military service in �non-enhanced� condition for over 65 years. How do you defend such a statement?

the only problems iv'e ever had with any of my glocks ( and iv'e had a bunch ) is i knock the front sight off of one and a block pin broke. gun would still fire 1-3 rounds before the slide would lock back.
I've never had a part FALL OFF any of my pistols, regardless of maker. Yet, you're okay with this?

Then a pin broke and you're impressed that the gun still worked for 3 rounds. Call me cranky, but I'd be pissed something broke. I certainly don't excuse parts breakage on my guns unless those guns have seen a tremendous amount of duty (eventually anything will break).

Last edited by KevinGibson; 01/06/11.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Easy to answer, Time proven and Tested,what's not to like??? My glock 10mm's are the best handling 10mm's I have ever owned.

Durable
Dependable
accurate
simple
Proven over and over

I would protect my family every time with a glock over a 1911

1 and done
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Also more rounds on board than a 1911.A very good advantage.Tough to argue with Perfection. Many 1911's need work to be reliable. Hardly any glocks need any work period.

Last edited by highridge1; 01/06/11.

1 and done
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by croldfort
I would have to reply, "Why do so many say that Glocks are a plastic POS". I only have one Glock, but I like it. To me, it seems like on this forum that there are more Glock haters than lovers.
While it's true that there are those who do say that, I find it rather rare. But finding those who are lovers of Glock to the point of being irrational seems to be common place, which is why I started the thread. Honestly, I really don't have anything against Glock... Some Glock owners are a bit off kilter, but I like the guns.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 41magfan
It's just a friggin' pistol guys - nothing more, nothing less. It has its pros and cons just like any other design. Because it's a mechanical device invented by a human being, it can't be perfect.

But I can tell you one thing, within the design parameters for which it was intended, there's a whole lot more right with it than there is wrong with it.

Having said that, I've never understood why people feel compelled to either love it or hate it. Can't we all just get along? ;^)

Personally, I happen to really like most Glocks for a reason completely overlooked and irrelevant to most shooters. Glocks have a feature that pretty much sets them apart from every other pistol out there. Anyone care to guess what it is?

Hint: The answer is NOT polymer.
See, that's how a Glock owner (or any other pistol) ought to be; it's just a pistol.

As to the "feature" you're talking about, I have no idea. Many consider the fact that a Glock has no external manual safety to be a plus, but something tells me you're hinting at something else.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
KevinGibson: You are a poor pathetic fool!
You are attempting to deride a wonderful firearm by ineffectively trying to attack its users?
That is simply stupid.
If you have a case against the Glock pistol then man-up and state it - don't attack its proponents who actually have used and admire the arm!
If there is something negative about the Glocks then post it and stand by your contention with experiences and facts!
I am guessing you have next to NO experience with the Glock line of pistols - otherwise you would not be posting such stupid and unsubstantiated blather!
For some time now my health (life!), welfare and the safety of others has been dependant on me and my armaments!
I chose to use the Glock over those years and situations and I have yet to be disappointed in any way, shape or form.
For the money and for my own well being I use the Glock - not one bit of your immature blather leads me to doubt my decision in any way shape or form.
Not one.
Go ahead and try to decry those that are proponents of the Glock - such blather is obviously ineffective and unsubstantiated.
Sheesh.
Long live the Glock line of pistols.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by highridge1
Tough to argue with Perfection.

Originally Posted by highridge1
Hardly any glocks need any work period.

crazy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Perhaps another hint: It's an innovative design feature that makes every other manufacturer green with logistical envy.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Says who? Where do you get this?
The M1911 served in US military service in �non-enhanced� condition for over 65 years. How do you defend such a statement?

65 years shooting "ball" ammo.

Hollow-point ammo can be a hit and miss proposition on a standard "G-I" 1911. Almost every "reliabilty package" for a 1911 involves polising the feed ramp, throating the barrel, adjusting the extractor--and sometimes--tuning the magazines.

This is not the case with Glock.

And, I am in no way implying that Glock wears a cape.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
KevinGibson: You are a poor pathetic fool!
Man ain�t that the truth!!

You are attempting to deride a wonderful firearm by ineffectively trying to attack its users?
That is simply stupid.
No sir�hold no contempt for the Glock whatsoever�wish I had a Glock 19. I just think some of the Glock owners are a bit strange and irrational.

If you have a case against the Glock pistol then man-up and state it - don't attack its proponents who actually have used and admire the arm!
Glock�s have some negatives, but then so do every last other firearm. But again, I�m not taking issue with the Glock, it�s a great pistol. Just trying to understand why some Glock owners are irrational.

I am guessing you have next to NO experience with the Glock line of pistols - otherwise you would not be posting such stupid and unsubstantiated blather!
I�ll bet I have more experience with Glocks than most. I�ll bet I�ve picked up pieces of Glock more times than most (and still hold the pistol in high regard). I�ll bet I�ve carried one in foreign lands in defense of mine and the lives of others more than most. I can detail strip one probably blind folded. I know the manual of arms better than most strong devotees. I�ve shot a chit load of ammo through them and I LIKE THEM.

For some time now my health (life!), welfare and the safety of others has been dependant on me and my armaments!
Drug dealer or gun runner?? (just kidding)

I chose to use the Glock over those years and situations and I have yet to be disappointed in any way, shape or form.
For the money and for my own well being I use the Glock - not one bit of your immature blather leads me to doubt my decision in any way shape or form.
Not one.
Again, you�re 100% off the mark as to the reason of my post. I think your choice of a Glock is a good choice.

Go ahead and try to decry those that are proponents of the Glock - such blather is obviously ineffective and unsubstantiated.
Sheesh.
Long live the Glock line of pistols.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGUy
I have no problem with Glocks or Glock owners that are NORMAL. I take issue with those who think the Glock wears a cape and can leap tall buildings in a single bound (everyone knows the only gun that can do that is an M1 Carbine ;))

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,348
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.