Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 29 1 2 25 26 27 28 29
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by McInnis
Are you to dumb to get that

Just an observation:

Questions like that are usually most effective when used with proper grammar and spelling.

For a statement like that you believe that proper grammar and spelling is the you to. No street slang or improper spelling if I am reading you correctly. I believe that it really doesn't matter they will either get it or they will not

It's good to see the Internet grammar and spelling police to be alive and well

Last edited by jwp475; 01/17/11.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The average high level shooter is not at the top of the pack. I am guessing that 50% of top shooters are sponored shooters (maybe alot more). Alot of guys can compete on the average high level. Very very few can compete at the top level and none of those guys are packing $1000 pistols.

Dink

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DINK
Very very few can compete at the top level...

Duh. That's why they call it the top level.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wanted to be a 1911 man but found out pretty quick that a 1911 will not run with glock for a variety of reasons.

Dink

Didn't you say that you had two different 1911's that you shot around 7K rounds through without a malfunction? But for some reason you just felt like they were unreliable, so you switched to a couple of Glock's and felt much better - even though they both had suffered some malfunctions at various times? I don't get that logic...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by MOGC
I wanted to be a 1911 man but found out pretty quick that a 1911 will not run with glock for a variety of reasons.

Dink

Didn't you say that you had two different 1911's that you shot around 7K rounds through without a malfunction? But for some reason you just felt like they were unreliable, so you switched to a couple of Glock's and felt much better - even though they both had suffered some malfunctions at various times? I don't get that logic...

I don't think that anyone else gets that logic either

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The average high level shooter is not at the top of the pack. I am guessing that 50% of top shooters are sponored shooters (maybe alot more). Alot of guys can compete on the average high level. Very very few can compete at the top level and none of those guys are packing $1000 pistols.

Dink

Talking in circles or speaking in tongues: her skirt is showing..........clueless, laughin' here.

Feel free to educate us up some more.

MM

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

I want to here more about them faster cycling 1911's with wings. Here I thought the guys that outshoot me were just better - it turns out they had flying machine guns.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
I don't believe there is any $500 or $1000 1911 that can be a top of line competition gun even if its runs all the time.

Dink

Please feel free to elaborate more & wax eloquent..............

MM

They don't cycle fast enough, have good enough triggers, have wings, optics, comps, magazine wells, sights just to name a few of things the top competition guns have.

Dink

Dink, 1911's cycle plenty fast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxXwh_oc0nw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS-iXum0nLE&NR=1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
My TRP has NEVER malfunctioned in any way, and has not always been freshly lubed when shot. I think, though, the main reason for needing to keep a 1911 lubed is when it's filthy, and that gun wasn't really filthy, as in after firing five hundred or so rounds. In that case, if you couldn't clean it, you'd want at least to lube the rails and a couple of other key points inside for perfectly reliable function, whereas I believe the Glock is less sensitive in this respect. I'm open to evidence that I'm wrong, though.

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by MOGC

Dink

I shot both of my springfields between 3 and 5 thousands times between both pistols. Thats not very many rounds between two pistols.

I never said either was unreliable but it was in the back of my mind that either could stop running.

I have 40k on two glock 22's with two malfunctions...not bad.

I have some inside info that you were strongly in favor of some glock 22's that were purchased. If the 1911 was great how come you did not try for some kimbers or springfields?

Dink

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Dink

Talking in circles or speaking in tongues: her skirt is showing..........clueless, laughin' here.

MM

Lets look at the top ten guys at Bianchi cup. Any of them use $1000 pistols? Since I am so clueless please inform me.

Dink

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That's nothing.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Yep I'd say the 1911 cycles plenty fast enough

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Jwp so your saying that the average GI springfield cycles as fast as a $5000 1911 race gun?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Jwp so your saying that the average GI springfield cycles as fast as a $5000 1911 race gun?

I have not said anything close to that. You stated that 1911's cycle rate was slow and I countered with evidence to the contrary. I have no idea if a stock 1911 is the same or faster than a custom, although I doubt that there is any meaningful difference either way

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The pros shooting Open Class in the Bianchi don't use "$1,000" guns, but we really aren't talking about "pros".

Production Class guns can easily be "$1,000" guns & they are used by average Joe's everywhere in the country & they can be every bit as reliable as any $5K gun.

You don't shoot in the Bianchi Cup & neither do I so let's not compare what the open shooters there are using to anything else, especially what you or I or millions of others may have............those guns are 1911's in name only.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Cycle rate has nothing to do with being a $1K gun nor being a $5K gun...........one can run a $1K gun just as fast as a $5K gun, just a matter of know how & appropriate components as well as matching ammo to the balance of the components.

MM

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by jwp475

I have not said anything close to that. You stated that 1911's cycle rate was slow and I countered with evidence to the contrary. I have no idea if a stock 1911 is the same or faster than a custom, although I doubt that there is any meaningful difference either way

We were talking about what a production 1911 needed to be a competition gun and cycle rate was one thing I mentioned. I was comparing 1911 to 1911 cycle rate.

There was a interview done with either Koening, Leatham or Jarett. I don't remember which one. In the interview they stated that they could fire 10 aimed shots in one second. Their reflex's, cordnation and skill level was that good. The limiting factor was how fast the gun would cycle. They also went on to say that is reasoning for ligher slides, firing pins, springs, etc.

It did not say how they knew they could fire ten shots in a second if they could not get the gun to run that fast.

Dink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There was a interview done with either Koening, Leatham or Jarett. I don't remember which one. In the interview they stated that they could fire 10 aimed shots in one second.Their reflex's, cordnation and skill level was that good.

Didn't read that interview, but on anything smaller than 2 foot square @ 7ft, I kinda doubt that, but who knows........10 rounds / sec would be 600 / minute & that's machine gun or full auto fire rate.

The limiting factor was how fast the gun would cycle. They also went on to say that is reasoning for ligher slides, firing pins, springs, etc.

Dink

That would be obvious to you if you'd ever laid hands on a 1911............it's also the reason you don't need a $5K gun.

MM

Page 27 of 29 1 2 25 26 27 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

658 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 69 invisible), 2,675 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,215
Posts18,485,495
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.