Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Being a history teacher, I like to learn from both the stupid things that people and nations do, and the smart things that they do.
<br>
<br>Another reason for me is that I find it enjoyable. Just one man's thoughts.

GB1

E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rant mode on.....
<br>Where is it written that History is facts with dates to be remembered and regurgatated,only to pass a test?
<br>That is OBSCENE!!!!!!!
<br>History should be felt,related to,and brought into the import. of the NOW.
<br>It's not what a bunch of pizzed off farmers did in 1775 that is important,it's what they felt in their hearts and were willing to die for.
<br>It ain't about how many death camps that puke Hitler had,it's about the EVIL he shared in his heart with the mindless sheep that followed him.
<br>It's all about directional purpose,and learning from those that went before us and failed,or triumphed against the odds for the better of us all.
<br>It takes a mindless and heartless soul to review the emotion of Normandy or Tarawa,and discard it as yesterdays news and without worth.
<br>It also takes a special breed of dung maggot to revise history for a personal agenda,or worse..profit.
<br>In a sense we are no different than the Native American story tellers that pass their peoples history down to their young,through word of mouth.The wisdom of such a practice is obvious.It cannot be bastardized by government or popular thought.
<br>There is one place politicains cannot effectively reach with their agenda,and that is the heart.
<br>Only through the parent can the truth be kept alive and passed on.
<br>History whatever it is,shapes the future of our species,and our nations.
<br>Thanks! to the history teacher I had in Highschool that filled the facts with faces and emotion.
<br>Lest Nero be just another name.
<br>E4E
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
E4E, RIGHT ON!!!!
<br>
<br>BULLWNKL.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well put, E4E! You nailed it!
<br>
<br>The reason I've always loved history is reading about people who put an idea above their own personal safety. Without this kind of people we'd all be lost.
<br>
<br>Yhis is one of my favorite quotes, but I can't remember the original author: "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
<br>7mm
<br>
<br>

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 01/23/02.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Studying history is a way to learn about the past to be able to better shape the future.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just remember that the winners get to write the history. Can you imagine what history would say if for example the Germans had won WWII? Just because it is written somewhere doesn't always make it true. TM

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey, doncha know Texans don't study history, WE MAKE HISTORY. If the USA don't keep a TEXAN as president we will all become slaves. Texas is half way between the coasts and sees both sides, now if Texas AND Alaska joined forces the Liberals would be in real trouble.:-) -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I don't know about Texans seeing both sides, Texas is about as form Massachusetts as any place I know of. Not that there is anything rong with that laugh

----------------

"Anyone who would trade their freedom for safety deserves neither freedom or safety". -Ben Franklin

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (1100mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 160user, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 3,867 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,759
Posts18,535,679
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.