Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"a speech,not a eulogy" nails it perfectly .I'm betting none of the "journalists"-even the right wingers- make that distinction .[You best not be plagiarising,counselor grin ]

The scary part is that "they" seem to have learned a lot about "us" since he made his "clinging to God and guns" comments .Expect that every word they say from now 'til Nov '12 will be directed at the independent voter.

Everybody who watched the speech last night was part of a giant focus group .This speech will be the template for the next two years .

Having Holder and Janetbaby show up to read scripture was the most blatant offense of the whole deal IMO .

=================

I'll also add to my inappropiate venue comment that underneath all the assignments of motive and strategy of giving this speech in a predominantly democratic stronghold,Obama should have considered giving the same respect and attention to the victims of the Ft Hood shooter. With all considered respect to all the tragic victims and their families in Tucson,the Ft Hood tragedy had victims and family of notable status, as well, and last night's speech might have been more timely and thoughtfully received if given at that time.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Monkey_Joe
You have to give our Empty Suit-in-Chief credit. He is a campaigner.

One that never stops.

He really ought to set his sights on some other meaningful task.
The election is over.

DUH!, he is campaigning for 2012! Hahah

Fair Chase Hunter
NRA Lifer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do know that a snake crawled out of a hole and spoke words in Tucson last night frown

Last edited by GeoW; 01/13/11.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
It brings to mind the "solemn event" of Wellstone back in the day. [bleep] never change. Why expect different??

Exactly what I thought ET!!! I remember the Wellstone event and the head towel waver, Tom Harkin. I agree with the Fox commentators also that Obama was a little overwhelmed by the pep rally atmosphere. I came away from the event somewhat let down; Obama's speech nothwithstanding.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is another point you made unintentionally Timberlake. It was all speech,not a eulogy. Schitty eulogy, good speechwriting. I doubt that any of the sentiments expressed are actually his. His cynicism is boundless.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I watched the entire event. The Mexican-Indian thing was very improper and disgraceful to say the least. Took on the aura of a UA pep ralley. Obama's speech was good, but not great considering the solomn circumstances that should have been intended. I will say that at least he didn't mention blamining the saturday event on lack of "gun control" or "magazine capacity". Should have had all the coffins lined up in front of the podium. that University President/moderator was a dork for sure. How come there wasn't a similar D&P event for the Ft. Hood massacre?

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by tweebe
It's funny reading these negative postings. You all can probably find devil references during the Pope's homily without attending mass.
So tell me - can you name the last funeral you attended, where they handed out event T-Shirts? Kinda hinders the sincerity angle.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
They printed up T Shirts for a memorial?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Isaac said...."I'll also add to my inappropiate venue comment that underneath all the assignments of motive and strategy of giving this speech in a predominantly democratic stronghold,Obama should have considered giving the same respect and attention to the victims of the Ft Hood shooter. With all considered respect to all the tragic victims and their families in Tucson,the Ft Hood tragedy had victims and family of notable status, as well, and last night's speech might have been more timely and thoughtfully received if given at that time."

Well done Isaac, couldn't agree more. The HalfBreed makes me want to puke.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calvin
They printed up T Shirts for a memorial?

Yes, they did. This needs to be broadcast far and wide...

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I think what we can learn from this is that his reaction , or lack of one , to the Ft.Hood shooting suited his purpose at the time .His reaction to this one suits his purpose now .

This sombitch is going to be VERY hard to dislodge in 2012 is the message I got from last nite .

He will take every opportunity to portray himself as a "good guy who just happens to disagree with a sizable segment of the population politically." Essential to that is emphasising himself and members of his administration as "regular christians" .

That's the only plausible explanation for having Janetbaby and "Eric the Red" reading scripture .Keep in mind that while it's true that they were in AZ.,they were also in a liberal enclave.

I can't stand "Drama Queen Beck " even though I agree with him politically .Everything done last nite was designed to marginilize him in the minds of middle of the road voters.

Sadly , it was probably effective.

The "R's" better come up with a strategy that doesn't depend on Obama's crew making a mistake .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Video: Is This a Memorial Service for Six People Senselessly Gunned Down or a Rock Concert?

"Thank you Tucsooooooooon!"

How bad did it get?

Even as it began, some conservative commentators were posting comments criticizing the memorial service for being overly partisan and more like a pep rally, and there were some boos in the hall when Gov. Jan Brewer, a Republican, spoke.

Link to NY Times article

Have an A1 Day!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I heard it on the radio...sound'ed like a good speech... for a pep rally..mixed in with a b-ball game and crossed with his old pastor's church back in ill-a-noise. well thats my $1.98

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It's very strange and telling with the media coverage this morning. The on-line version of the Phoenix paper is not allowing comments on any of their memorial coverage and it's all very positive talking about how the service was "emotional" and "moving". But the radio this morning is absolutely flooded with callers that are upset over the pep rally atmosphere. Again the disconnect between what the media reports and reality are two very different things.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
It was a damn good speech , delivered well .

I still don't like him or trust him but I believe in giving credit where it's due .

spelled the town wrong , I reckon .

+1

Me Too

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I didn't watch the speech last night but did catch the Fox News commentary shortly after the speech was over. Let's just say I was somewhat shocked by the commentary on Fox.

Fox News Was Pretty Gaga Over Obama's Speech Last Night - Business Insider

Judging by the reactions of Charles Krauthammer, Brit Hume, and Chris Wallace one got the sense that there may have even been a few chills experienced in the Fox studio. Behold:

Brit Hume: �It wasn�t a memorial, it was more like a pep rally, but I think that is precisely what the people of this region needed and wanted.�

Chris Wallace: �It was a very powerful speech, the most powerful moment was when he talked about Gabby opening her eyes.�

Charles Krauthammer: �He did his speech in a very skillfully, successful way.�

shocked

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by okok
I don't see how anyone can watch that SCUMBAG on T.V. eek

Totally agree. I don't give him an iota of credit. Words come from a script,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not from his heart. He could give a chit less for this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by okok
I don't see how anyone can watch that SCUMBAG on T.V. eek

Totally agree. I don't give him an iota of credit. Words come from a script,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not from his heart. He could give a chit less for this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the sound a rattlesnake makes .If I hear that sound under my house , I'm gonna get a flashlight and look .

I want to know what the snake is up to and I can't tell by refusing to look .

Because of the circumstances surrounding this speech , the snake was rattling under MY house last nite , so I watched .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
I can't stand to hear these politicians speak much anymore, especially the Prez and crew. I was on the PC and could hear it as my wife watched it. What little I did see convinced that the politicians have stooped to a new low to take the targedy and grief of the famalilies and use it to get "air time" just to make themselves look good or better. Sounded more like a rally or campaign speeches. Real disgusting IMHO. Nobody should be clapping or cheering at a MEMORIAL service. MAde me sick.
Been to memeorial and funeral services for fallen fellow officers and none of that went on. Pukes.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

482 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 2500HD, 49 invisible), 1,966 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,035
Posts18,520,955
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.