-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Having been on the receiving end of some of this type stuff, it really is appreciated!

Shoot me a PM I've got some John Wayne movies and will get some pogey bait to ship to you.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Question for you folks that have BTDT, I remember seein' pictures of some of our guys in Iraq do a little fishing for carp and such in their leisure time. What are they using for bait or lures? I'd like to send some their way.

Deal with it.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
SteveNO...got anything left in the library? laugh

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lhonda
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The eclectic tastes of our members is going to really make the young men and women happy.

If you're scratching your head about the anonymous box that had rags ranging from Field and Stream from the early 80s to New England Game and Fish from the 90s to recent Wildfowl issues, as well as an oddball mix of DVDs...

wink

Looking into maybe getting a bulk/library rate. Stand by for more incoming, Lt., please.

Got it today. There was not doubt who sent it...and good stuff too.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Excellent. Thanks for the confirmation, Lt. I'll hit you when the next batch is incoming. BIG thanks for doing the heavy lifting on this thing, friend. If helping out in such a small way can bring one of our fighting men (and women) just a few moments of recreation from back home, it's worth it a hundred times over.

Again, thank you so much.

L

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All I had time to do was

1. turn wrenches on helicopters
2. get sand out of helicopters and oil residue off windscreens of helicoptersgrin

Don't know about what the guys are able to do now.

Mike

P.S about all we had to drink was bottled water so any kind of lemonade or flavor packs was appreciated, MRE's only had one pack so it didn't last long.

Box going out in the AM Pat!

Thanks to you and the Dept for heading this up!

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I got thank you cards from soldiers for all the things I sent, but what they seemed to appreciate the most was cigarettes.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My box went out Thu. afternoon

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
SteveNO...got anything left in the library? laugh

more where that came from when you're ready to make up another load, amigo

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
They say the best gift is something you would like to receive. I'm sure the cherry Poptarts will be well received!

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Pat I trust my package made it?

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I hope the phone call sufficed!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
For sure....I'll be getting another package together shortly...Thanks!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They say the best gift is something you would like to receive. I'm sure the cherry Poptarts will be well received!

Who doesn't like John Wayne and cherry pop tartsgrin

It's an honor to support those who serve!

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm sorry I've been a little out of touch lately. My own Marine has been home on 14 days leave, and I put him on a flight back to Japan this morning. It's always tough sending him back, and a whirlwind when he's here. A 20 year old Marine, at the peak of his "Oorah", that hasn't seen an American girl or his car in 8 monthes is hell-on-wheels. Add that, at best, it will be a long time before he sees either again and you can only imagine. Good news for Mom and Dad is that he has been reassigned to headquarters in Okanawa as the Battalion Information/Intelligence Management Officer. He doesn't much care for that.

Anyway, an update. Thank you all for the wonderful items donated, and those still in route. Thank the many of you who send care packages already. I have started on 25 large flat-rate USPS boxes and customs labels, to be sent early next week.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn fine job Pat, thanks.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shipped a 40 lb box of gun and hunting books yesterday to Pat, which he has acknowledged.

There probably are not too many things we do that will have such a significant benefit to the troops. They are always in harms way, and deserve and need a break from what they are doing for us.

Big time kudos to Pat for his leadership on this.

Steve

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks Steve...just got a call from my son, he's back in Japan, pretty depressed after leaving his family,girlfriend and freedom. It's kinda ironic.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pat,
My oldest son was a Marine pilot flying F-18s. If he ever got an assignment that did not involve flying, he would probably have gone AWOL.

My best, and utmost respect to your son. Hope to meet him some day.

Steve

L
L
Everyone surely appreciates it, and he's not joking, gents. It's a lot of stuff!

I was always fascinated by the people that are considered to be completely normal; I always found them to be wierdest of all.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (1_deuce, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 24 invisible), 1,757 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.