Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by FlaRick
I voted for Romney in the Florida primary last time
I did as well, mainly to keep McCain from winning, but to no avail, as McCain won Florida. I wanted McCain defeated in Florida so as to boost Gomer Pyle's chances, not in the hope that Romney would take the nomination.

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Romney is clearly the most experienced, capable executive in the race. He is probably as well prepared for the job as anyone. He knows what makes organizations work, and he knows what makes business successful.

I'm not sure that influences the outcome of the election a lot. Or at all.

The good news is that a lot of us that are members of the LDS church will instantly provide him with a campaign organization. The bad news is that there is a large amount of anti-LDS bigotry at work, too. The bigotry factor is no small thing.

Last edited by denton; 01/18/11.

Be not weary in well doing.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by denton
Romney is clearly the most experienced, capable executive in the race. He is probably as well prepared for the job as anyone. He knows what makes organizations work, and he knows what makes business successful.

The good news is that a lot of us that are members of the LDS church will instantly provide him with a campaign organization. The bad news is that there is a large amount of anti-LDS bigotry at work, too. The bigotry factor is no small thing.

That is one thing I have never understood; the bigotry against your church. I am not a Mormon but have friends and close relatives who are. No finer people walk this earth.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by denton

Lots of decent folks among the Mormons, regardless of what one might think of their religious beliefs.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Lots of decent folks among the Mormons, regardless of what one might think of their religious beliefs.

+1

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

DD---Sorry my last post was not directed at you. You are (usually) a gentleman and a scholar unlike most of your cohorts.

I figured that. smile
So, you agree with Spanky's post above? wink

Absolutely. I am a gentleman and scholar usually. Sometimes, I let myself down and then I have to flog myself. grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
A Romney/West ticket could be a formidable team.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Thank you all very much.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Romney? Not gonna happen

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

DD---Sorry my last post was not directed at you. You are (usually) a gentleman and a scholar unlike most of your cohorts.

I figured that. smile
So, you agree with Spanky's post above? wink

Absolutely. I am a gentleman and scholar usually. Sometimes, I let myself down and then I have to flog myself. grin
Am I one of your ungentlemanly and unscholarly cohorts?

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by isaac
A Romney/West ticket could be a formidable team.

I'll drink to that.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Am I one of your ungentlemanly and unscholarly cohorts?

Not in my book. You are one of the most gentlemanly and scholarly cohorts on here. In fact, you always manage to somehow keep your cool when some of the most vicious things are said about you, something I'm not always able to do.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I guess we read different books.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think that LDS and health care past support will torpedo Romney.

I still look for a rising star to appear...not Palin, though. Her star has been burning too long, and her negatives appear too strong to pull it off.

Someone from the upper Midwest without baggage may be our best choice with a far west running mate. We need to get the semi-blue States back, like NV & CO, etc.

I think Romney will make a strong run, however.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Daveman
As much as I hate to say this, I now believe Bam Bam is going to be re-elected in 2012, in large part due purely to lucky timing. The economy is slowly turning around and picking up steam, and by the end of next year, more people likely will be working (not because of his policies, but despite them). He will, of course, claim all credit for this, attributing the turn around to his strong leadership. His historically-low numbers are not that far below Reagan or Clinton early in their terms. Combine this with potential complacency among the Republicans thinking they have the election in the bag, and the failure of any strong Republican candidate to emerge, and the Republicans could lose the White House. I certainly hope that I'm wrong on this, but I doubt it.
...................Don`t bet on that! Depends on WHOM runs against him and how well the conservative message and ideals are articulated.

Conservatism beats liberalism! With a very good messenger from the GOP, Obama will lose.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I think that LDS and health care past support will torpedo Romney.

You may very well be right. Though I think that he might have a play in saying that his Mass. plan didn't work well, so it's time to acknowledge that and try to figure out something better. If he is very vocal in support of repealing ObamaCare, it will help. If he runs, he certainly has his work cut out for him. Too bad, because he is a good executive.

What Romney has been doing behind the scenes is tuning and growing his campaign machine by quietly helping elect people who can, in turn, help him. He has, in effect, built an election consultancy and an influential group of supporters.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Romney ain't got no Tea Party.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Romney ain't got no Tea Party.
And I wouldn't imagine he'd garner much support from Tea Party types, either.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Not sure Romney would need but a sampling of the more intelligent Tea Partiers. I believe his support would lie with center/conservatives and that he would attract the all important "Independents". He could build a coalition that may well win the nomination and take the Big One.

Right now my money is on him.

www.paracay.com

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Like he did with Old Man McCain.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (12344mag, 1234, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,753 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,419
Posts18,528,269
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.