Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
tbear Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Fox News this morning announced that Obama's approval rating has increased to 54%. One of the Fox political experts, a conservative, predicted that Obama will win in a vigorous campaign. Some of the Democratic hacks predicted that this will be the first presidential campaign in history where one party spends $1 Billion. Two years is a long time to go & anything can happen, but I believe it will be a difficult campaign for the Republicans. I do believe the Republicans will control both the Senate & House in 2012 severely hamstringing Obama if indeed he does win. I work in the electrical industry & construction orders continues to decline. Lay offs have been on going for nearly 2 years & there is no signs of significant improvement.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
WEll that's 54 points higher than it is at my house..

I was hoping he'd get tired of the pressure and go back to Kenya and run for dog catcher, or goat herder...

jobs he is much more qualified for..

Last edited by Seafire; 01/18/11.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Heard that too. Can't imagine why! Lotta people wants their free stuff, I guess. Time to find an island somewhere. I'm disappointed with America.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well he's keeping a promise...sort of. He promised change and he's doing it.

Welcome to The Communists States of America. frown eek

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Not at all surprising, consider how many idiots voted for him. Look for the MSM to ramp up support for him over the next two years.

That is why it is deadly important that the GOP send up an electable candidate who co appeal to to great un washed "Center".

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The poll number suggests that a very large portion of our population can't remember the yesterdays.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Most of his support comes from people who don't get out of bed till 1100 and then only to collect their Government check.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If you look at the trends in the Rasmussen poll, his overall approval hasn't changed much since the election. But his Strong Disapproval is dropping somewhat, now that the country is no longer in campaign mode and not much else is going on. When the next big issue comes to the forefront, things will hopefully readjust themselves.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unlike during the previous administration, we do not have the MSM showing flag draped caskets of fallen soldiers and Cindy Sheehan parked outside 1600 Pennsylvania Ave protesting the War continuously. The MSM isn't harping on the economy. There is no "it's Obama's fault, stupid" going on. I don't see any "O" The Idiot stickers on cars.

The public isn't reminded daily of what a loser O is. Today we are told we have a shared and collective responsibility for all of the countries ills. Now it seems "both sides are to blame for the mess we're in". Funny, how it's not the President and his policies these days.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They aren't asking the right people.....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That was an ABC poll that put him at 54%. Can't trust them. Gallup still has him at 48%, which is about where he was.

And with gas prices climbing week by week.. and then food prices.. and unemployment still high.. it's going to only get worse.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Agreed.
Obama's numbers will soon be in the toilet. Again.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Calhoun
That was an ABC poll that put him at 54%. Can't trust them. Gallup still has him at 48%, which is about where he was.

And with gas prices climbing week by week.. and then food prices.. and unemployment still high.. it's going to only get worse.

In the history of Gallup no sitting President has won re-election with an approval rating of less than 50% on election day. It is the one poll I keep an eye on.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reagan's approval numbers were at 38% at this point in his first term.

Meaningless snapshots.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
O, dem polls! Hows dems comes and goes!
Iffen youse done like one��yust keeps looking till youst find one youst do.

Up 11 or down 3 for the same time period.
I be sticking with the one they did on Obama�s programs last Nov. 2.

�If Obama�s speech was as great as the Democrat Party claims it was, then either the Gallup daily tracking poll or Rasmussen�s daily tracking poll would show significant improvement to his approval numbers. Unfortunately for the man who engaged in a land transaction with convicted felon Tony Rezko, Gallup and Rasmussen do not show any significant improvement to Obama�s approval numbers in four days of polling after the speech.
It appears that the public held a completely different opinion about Obama�s contradictory speech than the media. Keep in mind too that Obama�s speech was one of the easiest speeches that a politician has to deliver and he still couldn�t boost his approval ratings even with help from the shameless media.�

OR:

(CNN) � President Barack Obama's approval rating is up five points since December as a growing number of Americans consider him a strong leader who is tough enough to handle a crisis, according to a new national poll. A CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Tuesday also indicates that a jump in support by independent voters is behind the overall rise in the president's approval rating.
Fifty-three percent of people questioned in the poll approve of how Obama's handling his duties in the White House, up from 48 percent in a CNN poll that was conducted last month, as a very productive lame duck congressional session was nearing completion.

"Obama's approval rating among Democrats and Republicans is virtually unchanged since December, but among independents it has grown from 41 percent in December to 56 percent now," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "It's possible that his call for greater civility in the aftermath of the Arizona shootings was seen as a boost for the bipartisan solutions that typically attract independents."
The survey indicates that 59 percent of the public now thinks the president is tough enough to handle a crisis - up six points from last year - and 57 percent now consider him a strong and decisive leader - a four-point gain.
"That may be an indication that the public is seeing Obama as more 'presidential' after his reaction to the tragic events in Tucson," says Holland. "The president's speech in Arizona last Wednesday night may have helped as well. Nearly nine in ten say they consider him to be a good speaker and communicator, roughly the same number who felt that way."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Gallup updates at noon, it's up +2 now to 50%. frown

http://www.gallup.com/home.aspx

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This looks more like what I'd believe as a best case scenario for Obama.

[Linked Image]

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would be infinitely more shocked if it was materially lower. Do you honestly think that the vast majority of the people that voted for him have changed their minds? Two types of people voted for him. Those that had no clue and voted for him because he was the Dems nominee and those that had a clue and knew EXACTLY what they were voting for. Neither group will be deterred (or educated).

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not even looking at that stuff. He's going to be re-elected and there's not a damned thing we can do except vote, hope for the best but expect the worst. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

478 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 41 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,333
Posts18,526,724
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.