Campfire Outfitter
L
that is ldholton and you probably dont even know what a 40x is you dumb sob

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
ldhorton.....ldholton.....it's all the same to me.....you're only a big deal to you. laugh

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
so smart ass whats a 40x ? or a times action? or a shul or wait a 10-22 is king?lol you stupid [bleep] face monkey ass and yea i would love to stomp your ass that would take about 2min. so i sure hope the whole state of nebraska is not as dumb a [bleep] face as you if i iived there i would be isulted that you ran the great states name down using it here and being such an ass

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Innanet tough guys......yawn..... tired cool

Good night ldhorton. laugh

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
Wow. I didn't expect this thread to go on so long or create any nasty arguments. I just asked what I thought was a simple question about suppressors. I want my 10/22 to be as accurate as posible and hope to be able to shoot quite a bit smaller than 1" groups at 50 yds when I get through working on it. I have a barrel on the way and will probably order a trigger and stock next week. I don't have a supressor yet, I haven't talked to a gunsmith about threading the barrel or applied for the supressor permit. I've killed a lot of hogs with deer rifles but I want a silenced .22lr to hunt hogs at night at deer feeders. I plan to sit in a tripod about 50 yards downwind of the feeder with a scope mounted varmit light and try to pick of the hogs on the outer edges of the group one at a time. I hope a silenced 22lr is quiet enough not to scare the rest of the hogs off. The hogs where I hunt run around in groups of 5 to 20. When they come to a feeder they make a lot of racket all by themselves crunching corn and fighting each other. I don't think they'll pay any attention to a hog laying on the ground (more corn for them). One time I shot 3 hogs (with a 270 from 100yds) in daylight at the same feeder one after the other. They would run off when I shot one in the head and then they'd come right back a short time later. They didn't pay any attention to the ones laying on the ground. We killed about 40 hogs during this years deer season but we're still covered up with hogs. I'm trying to find a better way to reduce the hog population. Thanks for all the helpful responses.

Last edited by victoro; 01/22/11.
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Sounds like a great time.....make sure to post pics!!

I shot you a PM with some info. FWIW - I bought my suppressors from Bryon Gaston at Major Malfunction. He had excellent prices and was VERY helpful with the entire process.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by victoro
Wow. I didn't expect this thread to go on so long or create any nasty arguments. I just asked what I thought was a simple question about suppressors. I want my 10/22 to be as accurate as posible and hope to be able to shoot quite a bit smaller than 1" groups at 50 yds when I get through working on it. I have a barrel on the way and will probably order a trigger and stock next week. I don't have a supressor yet, I haven't talked to a gunsmith about threading the barrel or applied for the supressor permit. I've killed a lot of hogs with deer rifles but I want a silenced .22lr to hunt hogs at night at deer feeders. I plan to sit in a tripod about 50 yards downwind of the feeder with a scope mounted varmit light and try to pick of the hogs on the outer edges of the group one at a time. I hope a silenced 22lr is quiet enough not to scare the rest of the hogs off. The hogs where I hunt run around in groups of 5 to 20. When they come to a feeder they make a lot of racket all by themselves crunching corn and fighting each other. I don't think they'll pay any attention to a hog laying on the ground (more corn for them). One time I shot 3 hogs (with a 270 from 100yds) in daylight at the same feeder one after the other. They would run off when I shot one in the head and then they'd come right back a short time later. They didn't pay any attention to the ones laying on the ground. We killed about 40 hogs during this years deer season but we're still covered up with hogs. I'm trying to find a better way to reduce the hog population. Thanks for all the helpful responses.

Victoro,

IMHO a 22LR at 50 yards is really not enough gun for hogs , they are tough skinned with alot of fat and muscle. They have a very tiny brain and extremely thick skull, (kinda like Nebraska laugh ). If you want a suppressed weapon for hog control I would suggest you contact J.D Jones at this link http://www.sskindustries.com.

I know J.D personally, and he is one of the best in the world at developing utilitarian, (And for Nebraska to understand the meaning of that word crazy), multi purpose suppressed weapons. The 300 Whisper with sub-sonic 220 -240 grain sounds like a pop corn fart. 5 feet away and ya cant hear it go off, but will kill a deer out to 200 yrds with ease. Drop down to 125 grain @ 2400 fps and other than the sonic crack of the bullet it still sounds like a pop corn fart, but is definately a mid size game killer to 300 yrds and beyond. Give him a call and he will definately stear ya to exactly what you need for the pupose, and more. He definately isnt cheap, but the best never is. grin. Just for your info, just about ANY 22LR will group 1 inch or under @ 50 yrds after proper bedding and trigger work. epescially the Ruger 10/22, and 77/22.

Good Luck

Swifty

Swifty
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Swifty52

IMHO

The 300 Whisper with sub-sonic 220 -240 grain sounds like a pop corn fart.

Drop down to 125 grain @ 2400 fps and other than the sonic crack of the bullet it still sounds like a pop corn fart,

- Swifty

That pretty much sums up Swifty's experience.......doesn't own a suppressor but he's an expert on pop corn farts.

Thanks for the laugh Swifty!!! You're better than cable TV..... laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Originally Posted by Swifty52
they are tough skinned with alot of fat and muscle

The guy's planning on taking ear shots - just HOW MUCH fat and muscle does a hog have in his EAR?? Hopefully not as much as YOU do!!!

we killed about 40 hogs during this years deer season but we're still covered up with hogs.

Slowly52 - I think the guy knows what it takes to kill a hog and I'm pretty sure that's not a "Tactical" weapon, even if you "personally" know a guy that makes 'em.

If the Campfire comes up with a "2011 Talkin' Outta Your AZZ Award", Swifty52 will definitely get a nomination...... wink

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
hey nebraska thanks for the pm. confirmed what i though "you want to [bleep] me " you are a frecking [bleep] guess you spend too many hours alone in the cold

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Sorry ldhorton......I'm happily married!!!

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
that's good me too, that ain't what you wanted to do in your pm.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
For the record horton, when someone tells you to [bleep] off, that's NOT good.

With your low reading comprehension skills, I can see how you could get turned around so easily though. Poor fella, too bad the kiddies in your skool thought reading was uncool. Just cause I feel sorry for you, here's a little tip - you might try spending a little time in the "libary". Letting your school friends from 30 years ago have such a detrimental effect on your future isn't a good plan horton. smirk laugh

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
you have now won the award for being the biggest loser [bleep] on here so now words of advice to you let it go you started it now it is over go grow up

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Horton, your "typing-envy" is very transparent so it would definitely be a good idea to let this go. Besides, I'm sure you and Swifty have a lot of pop corn farts to go sniff!! wink laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

If that's your plan and you're going to be using subsonic ammo the 10/22 action will be the loudest sound you hear. If you have plans for the 60gr .22lr ammo better get a fast twist barrel.

For what you are planning I would opt for a bolt or single shot centerfire with a heavy bullet loaded to 1050fps. I'd not choose my .308 for your situation, I'd use my Contender in 7-30 Waters loaded with a 150-175gr bullet. Just as quiet as the 10-22 but a lot more thump at the end. (This suppressor is rated for full power .300 Mag)
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We killed about 40 hogs during this years deer season but we're still covered up with hogs. I'm trying to find a better way to reduce the hog population. Thanks for all the helpful responses.

Need any help reducing that population?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 1_deuce, 10ring1, 41 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,223
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.