Print Thread
Hop To
Page 599 of 1,842 1 2 597 598 599 600 601 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by RAS2
Except for SB9. grin This is a tough one but hope the Steelers win.

Now tear the roof off that stadium and get back to being a Vikings team that was once feared. Seems like the Vikes and cryboys owned the NFC in the 70's. If one wasn't in the SB the other was.

I don't need to tear the roof off....it is already off. The snow and ice did it. Frickin place is a dump. Now whoever owns it is considering a new roof on the entire place.

Ziggy the vikes owner wants a new stadium with no roof. I like that idea, get back to some good old hard nosed football. They have the coach to do it now I believe. I sure like the coaches he's been bringing on the staff. He sure says the right things but this time it seems different...people are believing him.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
the vikes now lack a QB - at least. And a stadium w/o a roof is stadium w/o any revenue 6 days of the week during the football season - 7 days after the season until June.

It isn't going to be pretty for the Vikes for a long time to come.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
They couldnt even come close to filling TCF after 28 years without outdoor football. I dont think an open air stadium is the way to go if you can put 40,000 in TCF.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't think they'd have any trouble filling an open air staidum. That game at TCF was a joke from the get go. It was an on again, off again deal, too.

there is some merrit to the 6 days of empty on the open air stadium, but what are the plans for the dome? Where is the new one going to go? Who is going to pay for the roof? Those and many other questions still to be answered. We are further away from new digs for the purple pride than we think I'm afraid.

Last edited by tzone; 01/26/11.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well we found our way home after our 2 dat bidness trip. Feels like a drug a sinus cold home with me though, yuck.

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sounds fun, and it sounds like you aint the only one sick, did you see the recipe for white chicken chili?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yeah I did, thanks! I'll have to print it out & file it in the recipe box at home.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm going to do the same. It looks like a good batch.

I have a few recipe's for chili. Grizzly Bill has a great one too. I made my own version by tweaking his a bit and won our company cook-off last year. But his is great stright off the recipe.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That chili would be good out in the fish house with a cold brewsky.....

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
sounds fun, and it sounds like you aint the only one sick, did you see the recipe for white chicken chili?

I MISSED that!! Where is it?????

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I MISSED that!! Where is it?????

Couple pages back I think.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by RAS2
Except for SB9. grin This is a tough one but hope the Steelers win.

Now tear the roof off that stadium and get back to being a Vikings team that was once feared. Seems like the Vikes and cryboys owned the NFC in the 70's. If one wasn't in the SB the other was.

I don't need to tear the roof off....it is already off. The snow and ice did it. Frickin place is a dump. Now whoever owns it is considering a new roof on the entire place.

Ziggy the vikes owner wants a new stadium with no roof. I like that idea, get back to some good old hard nosed football. They have the coach to do it now I believe. I sure like the coaches he's been bringing on the staff. He sure says the right things but this time it seems different...people are believing him.

Correction.

Zygi only wants to pay for 1/3 of a stadium with no roof. He knows the state wants a roof so it can be used to generate revenue year round. By stating that he will pay 1/3 of one with no roof, he saves himself a ton of cash when/IF the state decides to go with either a permanent or retractable roof.

I personally think they should go retractable. Then you get the best of both worlds. And MN High School State Championship tourneys can still be played in the stadium.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
eekI MUST be losin' it!! I just cannot find it. Would one of you Chickenbuckers please indulge me and PM it to me?? crazy

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
its -11 here and snowing, I feel bad for all you guys who are having cold weather, I was going to mow my lawn, but it started snowing and blowing again so I think I'll wait til it stops.

I had a pleasant surprise the other day from Dave, he liked my white chicken chili so I promised him the recipe

Mom's original recipe
chicken breasts
1 jar Randall's great northern beans
1 jar ortega green taco sauce
scallions
small can of roasted green chilis
1 large box of chicken broth
1/3 cup finely diced jalapenos
1 package of white chicken chili seasoning, or partial pack of onion soup mix

dice the chicken, saute with chili's and scallions and a little garlic if desired
add chicken broth,jalapenos and seasoning mix

can add some small noodles to make it go further

Ryan's recipe
I make a big batch when I do it, and here's how it goes
cook 1 whole chicken in the crockpot overnight with minced carlic
remove meat from bone and cut finely.
put 2 jars of randalls northern beans in large pot, on low heat.
add 1 1/2 jars salsa verde or green taco sauce
2 cans of roasted chili's
1/2 cup finely diced jalapenos
1/2 cup jalapeno juice
1 packet of white chicken chili seasoning, 1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp salt
1 box of ditalini noodles (cooked separately)
save broth from cooking chicken and add to chili (strain off fat from top)
add 1 1/2 boxes of broth (low sodium)

let sit on low heat a couple hours stirring occasionally
serve with sour cream/cheese and crushed up fritos (if desired)

will feed about 6-8 hungry fisherman

after eating cover with 3-4 beers and prepare for nap smile

enjoy!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Correction.

Zygi only wants to pay for 1/3 of a stadium with no roof. He knows the state wants a roof so it can be used to generate revenue year round. By stating that he will pay 1/3 of one with no roof, he saves himself a ton of cash when/IF the state decides to go with either a permanent or retractable roof.

Ziggy knows what he's doing. Origally, when he first bought the team, he was going to pay for a lot more than 1/3...big surprise, he lied. I think they should make his ass pay for 1/2 of the stadium. I don't think we should pay for any of it. The rest can come from fee's, lottery tix, the NFL.

I personally think they should go retractable. Then you get the best of both worlds.

Wuss. grin

And MN High School State Championship tourneys can still be played in the stadium

They can play in the dome. If there is going to be a new roof on it, there should be no reason to tear it down right?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Correction.

Ziggy knows what he's doing. Origally, when he first bought the team, he was going to pay for a lot more than 1/3...big surprise, he lied. I think they should make his ass pay for 1/2 of the stadium. I don't think we should pay for any of it. The rest can come from fee's, lottery tix, the NFL.

I personally think they should go retractable. Then you get the best of both worlds.

Wuss. grin

And MN High School State Championship tourneys can still be played in the stadium

They can play in the dome. If there is going to be a new roof on it, there should be no reason to tear it down right?

Unless they still want the stadium built on the site of the metrodump. I still think the Vikings should have jumped on the offer Anoka county made them to build the stadium in Blaine. We could probably stumble to your house from there T!

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It would be a pretty good stumble...bout 5 miles or so. Good enough for Ma to come pick us up though. smile

One of the discussed locations is still Arden Hills off highway 10. Really, that's a good spot. There is an exit ramp off 35w, and a ton of space for parking, and not much in that area yet, so it could be developed. That too is about 5 miles away. The trouble with that site is the environmental clean up involved is pretty large I think.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey is it true they might or have talked of moving?

I hope not..LA Vikings just doesn't sound right. Minnesota Vikings now that's a tough name.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yeah, The vikes threaten with moving every few years or so. I say let them to if that is what they want. I mean I'm a huge fan but how about a super bowl appearance every once in awhile?

Really, why try to hold an area hostage when they are trying to help you?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
they do make an appearance every so often to the playoffs, I guess they think thats enough?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Page 599 of 1,842 1 2 597 598 599 600 601 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

413 members (1_deuce, 1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 204guy, 49 invisible), 2,628 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,011
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.