Seems like the really goofy cults attract folks who were not seeking GOD at all , but just looking for something to set them apart as " special ". The " bible based " cults , on the other hand , seem to be the ones doing the work of the deciever .

As long as we have preachers and teachers who insist on depending ENTIRELY on their " spirit led interpretations " of the bible , and discounting any " revelation by research " that might deserve an open minded appraisal , the field is thrown open to the cultist leader . i.e. ; Could we have had a David Koresh without an Oral Roberts paving the way?

The answer obviously is that Koresh didn't require a Rogers. Could an Oral Roberts discount Koresh's teachings as effectivly as a Ken Howell ?Absolutely not !

I have no axe to grind with Oral Roberts . I don't question his teachings , even . I just use him as an illustration of one type leader and our beloved Ken as the other. For discussion purposes , you would be advised to put " principles before personalities " in this instance .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place