Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
your,o wait,you're supposed to be working on somebodies rifle ,arent you?

[the member formerly known as fluffy}

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'll pay the price of a bowl of popcorn and a beer. That's for use in front of the TV. I wouldn't pay anything to fight the crowds at a SB game even if I could afford it. Life's too short to live like that.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Originally Posted by fluffy
your,o wait,you're supposed to be working on somebodies rifle ,arent you?
watein' fer berrils.. laugh

Last edited by Redneck; 01/28/11.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
redhead's gonna kneed alot of beers when the steelers emerge victorious

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It's easier to keep track of the ball on tv.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
When the weather permits, I have always found Super Bowl Sunday the perfect day to set up my chronograph and do some serious shooting. Very seldom anyone there on that day, begging for a chance to shoot my skyscreens.

I guess the only and last sporting event I ever paid to see was a basketball game in Houston, with a group of business associates. Couldn't believe anyone would really pay $25 for a ticket. Some of the girls in the crowd were cute though, and I'm pretty sure they didn't have to pay for a ticket themselves!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Last edited by fluffy; 01/28/11.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
redhead's gonna kneed alot of beers when the steelers emerge victorious
I don't need THAT reason, flushball.. laugh laugh

You got enough o' them primo Grain Belts to tide you over till half-time??

heheheeee..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I dont much care for grain belt,way too sweet.
I'd rather have a guiness,or a high life.Hows that for a eclectic preference?

Last edited by fluffy; 01/28/11.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Not a single red cent.

It would mean a trip to "the big city" and that ain't happenin for no game.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by doubletap
It's easier to keep track of the ball on tv.

A big plus 1!

I've been to exactly 1 pro football game. We had decent seats, but still couldn't easily follow the game and couldn't hear the PA well enough to hear penalties, etc.

At home I can eat what I want, drink what I want and follow the game much more closely. Heck, I can even pause for potty breaks and rewind to review plays.

I'm sure the atmosphere at the Superbowl would be fun to experience, but I'm not too big on crowds. Maybe someday the Lions might give me a reason to change my thinking. Aww, who am I kidding? grin

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The best part of going to a game is the tailgate party in the parking lot. Ideally, you could go to the tailgate party, drink beer, eat barbeque and then go home and watch the game.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I won't pay to watch the quackers. In fact....I won't be home durring the game. I may listen to it on the radio though.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Remember the Salt Lake sewer system some years ago? At half time, some of the old city sewer pipes imploded from 20,000 simultaneous flushes.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Who are these people who pay these prices? Even a gazillionaire has to at some point say, "Ya know, paying 22 grand to watch a football game makes me look like a sucker. I think I'll just buy another car instead."

Who? Very rich people, fluffy. And they never at any point worry about looking like a sucker or buying another very expensive car. They don't worry about throwing 2000+ gallons of JetA @ $5.00/gal on their $30 million dollar jet to go play golf in Cabo, or the 2000 gallons for the return trip through Dallas to catch the Super Bowl game. The 22 grand for the ticket is pocket change, and it wouldn't mattter what the skybox full of catering and pretty barmaids cost either. (I've heard crazy estimates of $250K+)
I've been around these type of people for 30 years because of my work. They are a different breed of folk, for sure. To be honest, I don't care too much for them, but it helps pay the rent.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by levrluvr
Who are these people who pay these prices? Even a gazillionaire has to at some point say, "Ya know, paying 22 grand to watch a football game makes me look like a sucker. I think I'll just buy another car instead."

Who? Very rich people, fluffy. And they never at any point worry about looking like a sucker or buying another very expensive car. They don't worry about throwing 2000+ gallons of JetA @ $5.00/gal on their $30 million dollar jet to go play golf in Cabo, or the 2000 gallons for the return trip through Dallas to catch the Super Bowl game. The 22 grand for the ticket is pocket change, and it wouldn't mattter what the skybox full of catering and pretty barmaids cost either. (I've heard crazy estimates of $250K+)
I've been around these type of people for 30 years because of my work. They are a different breed of folk, for sure. To be honest, I don't care too much for them, but it helps pay the rent.

That is actually a quote from the newspaper article,not from me.

bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
you would have to pay me......I am not a football fan at all.

Don't you want to watch a gang of oversized millionaires in short pants try to take a odd-shaped ball away from another gang of funny-dressed millionaires?

I'd rather watch little kids play ball than any HS, college, or pro team.

Bruce

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Lemme guess - The Red Star??

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck

yep,same one dee-livered to yer door ever sundee morn.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

yep,same one dee-livered to yer door ever sundee morn.
Yah.. It's great substitution for toilet paper..

Fluph - yer such a lib.. when are ya gonna use that rag for Parrot Potty and read somethin' a tad more centrist???

Last edited by Redneck; 01/29/11.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1OntarioJim, 1minute, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,568
Posts18,491,848
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.