Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 23 1 2 3 4 22 23
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by snakeman
I was just wondering what yall think about the savage model 11 long range hunter. I am considering buying it in 6.5 creedmoor for smacking distant steel and hunting the wheat fields.

Wow you are just the Guru aren't you? Well tell me then guru what is your advice? If you see me fit to be enlightened by it.

Funny, you asked what people think and then get bent when someone tells you.

HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Feel free to take exception,to any fact I've laid out in the most simple form for you.

I'd not wager that you have the faculties to actually see the light. I'll getcha to water and reliably...though I look forward to your not drinking it..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Wow you are just the Guru aren't you? Well tell me then guru what is your advice? If you see me fit to be enlightened by it.

Funny, you asked what people think and then get bent when someone tells you.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Snakeman, this has been Stick on his best behavior and he's given nothing but solid advice.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I really appreciate the insight guys. I too find the lightweight hunter sexy as that is the type of gun I usually gravitate towards. I am looking for something that rides the bench and the bipod but doesn't break my shoulder. I would like the lightweight in a 6.8 spc because I like that round don't ask me why though couldn't tell ya.

A hunter gets his deer. A good hunter can make long shots. A great hunter likes it up close and personal!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You read too much F&S and shoot too little and are enamored easily with the fluffiest Fluff. You'd best start by actually shooting,instead of dreaming about it...because Reality always trumps Fantasy

Go with a 223 boltgun,spin it fast and thank me later................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Well I don't see any advice there, nsagam. All I see is interrogation of my choices and criticism for not my standard procedures and let me tell you something it's not appreciated. That's just not how we show hospitality where I'm from.

A hunter gets his deer. A good hunter can make long shots. A great hunter likes it up close and personal!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stupidville ain't got much in the way of "braggin' rights".

Read slooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwer and let it sink in and consider taking notes.

You are in DIRE need..............

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I have been shooting for quite some time stick, as well as reloading. I know how to shoot and am quite experienced. Obviously you're having a bad day or something.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Wow!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Define that length of time. Define the number of rounds and say a leetle sumptin' about the rifles and their chamberings.

I'm all ears in regards to that "experience"...................(grin)

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Well I don't see any advice there, nsagam. All I see is interrogation of my choices and criticism for not my standard procedures and let me tell you something it's not appreciated. That's just not how we show hospitality where I'm from.

Welcome to the Fire. LOTS of good people here, but you need to have a thick skin with some. One bit of advice: it's just the Internet...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where I'm from when you ask "what y'all think of..." and someone gives you an answer you don't get all pissy.
Then when you said you had a "fondness" for Savage Stick asked you why.
Then he gave you a viable alternative.

But you just got pissed.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Because she knew to skirt particulars,because there ain't none...............(grin)

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I told him why I didn't want his alternative its not in the cards for me. I have no interest in the BR cartridges. Plain and simple. I have yet to insult anyone, yet have had nothing to do but defend myself against pig headed morons, oops there went the insult. I don't take kindly to insults or commands from those who are in no place to give them. I just wanted thoughts on the gun I answered his questions and he just kept pushing me. So yeah I got agitated who wouldn't, this guy obviously thinks he's god.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The alternative I'm speaking of is a build for the same money made the way you wanted.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The BR smokes the SPC which you lauded.

Plain and simple...you are beyond clueless and it's just now starting to sink in to you. Dry your tears,quit holding your breath/stomping your feet and you'll learn more than a little.

Hint..............

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I have thought about that but a trade is what gives me leverage. I can't trade for a custom build.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
800 clams is enough funds for a skookum build,twisted/throated per whim.

Given ringing steel and spilling blood as focal points............

This is the one I'm referring to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hi all, new to the fire! I was just wondering what yall think about the savage model 11 long range hunter. I am considering buying it in 6.5 creedmoor for smacking distant steel and hunting the wheat fields. I would love to see some pics.

This would indicate a trade of your dollars for said rifle.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The BR smokes the SPC which you lauded.

Plain and simple...you are beyond clueless and it's just now starting to sink in to you. Dry your tears,quit holding your breath/stomping your feet and you'll learn more than a little.

Hint..............

Childish enough. Oh mines better than yours.

Page 2 of 23 1 2 3 4 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (2500HD, 1minute, 1234, 222Sako, 007FJ, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,071 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,871
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.