Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T

Well, okay. Amazon sells LR3 student/teacher edition for $79.99. My wife's a teacher, so that's the way to go.

Thanks, all.

- Tom

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm a long time Mac user and have been running LR for about 3 years. I like it a lot and was lucky enough for work to send me to the D65 workshop, which I highly recommend as well. Shoot RAW and rock on.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LR3 is well worth the money if you really want to get into the digital world. I use LR3 and PSE8 makes tracking and cataloging a breeze not to mention the editing aspect.

Handgun Hunter no more. STILL LOVE THOSE .41's
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BTY I purchased my 5DII to get into HD movies. Have that camera for 6 months now and not once has it made a movie. ?????????
Pete

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by crawfish
LR3 is well worth the money if you really want to get into the digital world.

Slippery slope, crawfish.

Years ago, I was doing 35mm B&W, and had my own darkroom setup. Lots of fun. Ran out of wall space for my 8X10 prints. One day got rid of all my gear and tossed stacks and stacks of old prints. (Kept the negatives. Don't know why. I don't have darkroom equipment anymore.) Now, even Kodachrome is a memory.

But digital is calling to me. I have a cheap point and shoot, but I'm reading up, and one of these days, I'll spring for a camera that will do on my computer screen what a Kodachrome slide used to do with a projector and screen.

You know what hasn't changed, though? I still can't afford a Leica M-series.

- Tom

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I posted on here a long time ago that I'd keep shooting my film cameras(I still have every Canon camera I ever purchased)until such time that digital met or exceeded the quality of Kodachrome 64. I feel that there are still things that KC64 does much better as a matter of fact but they can be readily replicated with powerful editing programs like LR3 and PSE. BTY PSE9 is a real killer. Doing the 30 day free trial right now. I also had a wet darkroom back in the day. Still have all my gear. My "darkroom" now is a dedicated computer and printers that are only used for photo work. The equipment has surely changed but the art hasn't. It's all about seeing light not just looking.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Well, okay. Amazon sells LR3 student/teacher edition for $79.99. My wife's a teacher, so that's the way to go.

Thanks, all.

- Tom

If you get the student/teacher discount you can pick up a full blown version of Photoshop CS5 Extended for under $200 and add LR3 for a few bucks more. I'm not sure how that works with Amazon but if you buy direct from Adobe you can just email the documentaion they want and it all goes very smooth. Just remember if you buy CS5 or any full Ps suite that you have to specify Mac or PC. LR3 and PS elements 9 work on either platform.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by crawfish
LR3 is well worth the money if you really want to get into the digital world.

Slippery slope, crawfish.

Years ago, I was doing 35mm B&W, and had my own darkroom setup. Lots of fun. Ran out of wall space for my 8X10 prints. One day got rid of all my gear and tossed stacks and stacks of old prints. (Kept the negatives. Don't know why. I don't have darkroom equipment anymore.) Now, even Kodachrome is a memory.

But digital is calling to me. I have a cheap point and shoot, but I'm reading up, and one of these days, I'll spring for a camera that will do on my computer screen what a Kodachrome slide used to do with a projector and screen.

You know what hasn't changed, though? I still can't afford a Leica M-series.

- Tom

A scanner that will handle negatives will put all your photos on a single external drive or on CD's. No more clutter. Warning: it's not a fast process. Allot a winter for the job.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've boxes and boxes of prints/negatives that I need to go through.

Some rainy day..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't we all.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trouble is,as digital improves,I've less and less interest in opening them cans of worms...despite their housing some of the greatest memories of my life.

Too easy to open the front door and go shoot something killer,to get sidetracked in such a manner...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If all you want is Internet and up to 8x10 pictures, iPhoto is just fine.

This was all done on iPhoto and really not much to complain about.

If you are an author and publisher you need Photoshop and Light room.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are at the mercy of a bottom rung P&S in Program Mode,which is hurdles far separate the crux.

I prefer DPP to iPhoto for post production,but dig iPhoto as a storage means.

LR3 smokes 'em both and ugly style..............

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1100mag, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 18,963 guests, and 1,379 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,980
Posts18,540,046
Members74,053
Most Online21,066

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.