Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Aaaaaannnd, the Switchback XT's cam is considered by them to be a HARD cam.......but you already knew that.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tom264
Your assuming I buy my bows used....I paid LESS than $100 difference from my archery shop.

You keep bringing up the S2....I am talking about the "XT" there IS a difference between the two.

I did in fact read what you posted and thats what I responded to......

You guys that keep going off the listed IBO's are fooling yourselves....IBO dont make a hill of beans, I have NEVER seen a bow setup properly shoot IBO.....the arrow has to be practically naked with no fieldpoint or broadhead....and EVERYONE knows that is not recommended

For informations sake.......I sold my stripped down XT on ebay for $680.00.......The very day I got payment I went to my local archery shop and ordered my Z7 for $759.00, would have been $729.00 but I wanted it totally blacked out and it cost me $50.00 more.

Now you KNOW where I come up with this stuff...........

Question is....where do you come up with yours?

The difference in the Switchback XT and regular Switchback/S2 is what 2 inches in ATA length, and one half inch in brace height, otherwise they are the same basic bow. No, bows generally don't shoot close to IBO, at least not Mathews, although PSE bows come close. The point is that it's a speed comparison to see where the bow stands on equal footing with an equal unit of measure. My whole point is, should the average guy with a Switchback XT or regular Switchback pay the money for a bow that is not smoother, and only slightly faster? If you like a brand new bow just because you do, then fine. For hunting however, there is no real improvement.

If you got $680 for your used Switchback XT, then you should be selling used cars, you are good!

The stuff I come up with are facts, your stuff is questionable opinion at best.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tom264
Aaaaaannnd, the Switchback XT's cam is considered by them to be a HARD cam.......but you already knew that.

No, I didn't know that, neither did anyone else, including Matt McPherson owner of Mathews.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The S2 and the XT have totally different cams.

Ask any bowshop about the cams on the XT they will tell you that the Straightline XT cam is considered a hard cam.

The S2 has a Straightline C1 cam...once again 2 totally different cams.

When you go and shoot a XT then you can get back with me concerning facts, until then.........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am totally familiar with the Cobra Cams versus the XT cams. Read any review or comparison of the two bows, just google it. There is no difference whatsoever in the smoothness of either the regular Switchback or XT on the draw. Neither bow has a "hard cam" That's not my opinion, the major difference is the brace height and ATA.

I sold my pristine condition XT on ArcheryTalk a while back, you can search my name and see. I am totally familar with the XT, S2, and Z7. I have owned and shot all three bows and still own the S2 and Z7, we just don't agree. You have convinced yourself the Z7 is a better bow, I don't think it is.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You two get a room and when your ready to kiss and make up I will drive you to the archery shop to buy a real bow. HOYT! Haha mathews ain't too bad.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LOL---I like Hoyt a good old time American company. The problem is that ugly riser they use. If they ever get rid of that ugly thing, I would consider one. They would get lots of new customers, but people think the riser is the ugliest thing in archery.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
real bows don't have training wheels.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by stxhunter; 02/08/11.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I hear ya Geronimo! nice job..................Hillbilly.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Looky what I found while Googling....

Also I emailed Matthews, lets see what they say.
Originally Posted by ULA24
There is no way Tom. Unless you have a wooden arm and a metal hook instead of a hand, I don't see how you can fathom making that statement. Yes, the cam shape is directly related to the draw force curve of any compound bow. A round wheel will always be smoother.

"concerning hard cams"

NOTE: Since many shooters associate a "round" cam with a "smooth" cam, a few bow manufacturers deliberately machine their cams to be round in shape, although the cam generates a very aggressive hard-cam cycle. Don't be fooled by this little mind-trick. The "power side" of a single cam is the center groove - NOT the outside track. So don't automatically assume a round cam is a smooth cam with the same draw characteristics as a round wheel. They're not the same thing.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Notice it said a "few", it is the extreme exception rather than the rule, but I understand that you just can't let this go. No one likes to admit they are wrong on the Internet. It's far easier to keep coming up with non factual opinions and obscure examples.

Name ten round cam bows that have this aggressive draw force curve? Good luck. It would save you time just admitting you are wrong. I am sure they exist, but they are the exception.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Oh brother.....I sent them an email concerning Hard cams.

Lets see what they say.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tom, I am convinced that I am correct. You are convinced that you are correct. Nothing you say, or quote will convince me that I am wrong. I think it is best to just say that we agree to disagree on this matter. I honestly don't have time to argue about something like this. I am sure you agree that there are far more important things to worry about.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I think you have a good idea here, there's plenty of this arguing on archerytalk.com if that's what floats your boat..............and this is the reason why I seldom go to that site...............Hillbilly.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You are all wrong and Im right..........

Take notes and thank me later....

and yes, I'm the man.............
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Your right.......you are right laugh......................Hillbilly.

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Kiss fletching per spline and rock on!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
PM to the guy who knows what hes talking about........

and yes, I'm the man.............
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
"Your insecurities are wellfounded and run commensurate with your IQ." per
STICK!!!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by stxhunter
real bows don't have training wheels.

[Linked Image]

Your right and real deer have racks not spikes!
[Linked Image]

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

270 members (01Foreman400, 338reddog, 160user, 2UP, 257 mag, 35, 23 invisible), 1,818 guests, and 939 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,628
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.