Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
For sale is an excellent condition Kimber Pro Carry series one with cocobolo grips. Has less than 50 rounds fired.
Series one pistols differ from the current Series Two by the following:
Series 1s all have internal extractors.
Series 1s are based on the Colt Series 70 style with no firing pin safety.

Asking $750 . Would prefer FTF with ID in either Bend or Portland area. Possibly willing to ship to your FFL with actual signed FFL form. However I believe with handguns you can only ship UPS/Fedex overnight delivery so please account for the additional shipping cost.Feel free to pm with any questions and thank you for looking.

Attached Images
k1.jpg (50.45 KB, 517 downloads)
k2.jpg (50.36 KB, 238 downloads)
k3.jpg (50.65 KB, 176 downloads)
k4.jpg (50.34 KB, 187 downloads)
k5.jpg (33.44 KB, 183 downloads)
Last edited by TheHighDesertRat; 01/21/11.
GB1

T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Wondering if a price reduction is in order? Now dropped to $715.00 OBO for weekend shoppers.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
A price adjustment ahead of the weekend rush. Now asking $695. Did I mention it has less than 50 total rounds through it . There are no marks, nicks ,scratches nor discoloration . Neither has it been dragged, dropped ,used to pound stakes, bounced around under the front seat of the truck or generally abused in any way. grin

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by TheHighDesertRat

However I believe with handguns you can only ship UPS/Fedex overnight delivery so please account for the additional shipping cost.

Bump for a nice gun.

And NO - YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SHIP OVERNIGHT SERVICE! That is their BS line - NOT A LAW. Just ship it like a normal package.

This has been covered like a bazillion times on here.

7th Offline
Take it from me......Fedex will only ship it overnight express.
UPS is the way to go.
Ask me how I know frown

People may doubt what you say but they will always believe what you do
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just put it a longer box and say it's a firearm. That's what I do. Works every time.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Thanks for the advice. UPS is the way to go then.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Why tell them it's a firearm at all?
Do you tell them the contents of any and all of your packages you ship?
Just fill out the "from" and "to" and ship it. period.

Last edited by Redbone311; 01/28/11.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheHighDesertRat
However I believe with handguns you can only ship UPS/Fedex overnight delivery so please account for the additional shipping cost.Feel free to pm with any questions and thank you for looking.
Once again, people are responding with BULLSHIT advice regarding shipment of firearms. (Redbone311 excepted.) You are under ABSOLUTELY NO LEGAL OBLIGATION to disclose to any DICKHEAD company, like Federal Express or UPS that you're shipping a firearm PROVIDED the recipient is a valid federal firearms licensee.

"� 922 Unlawful acts.

(e)
It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to deliver or cause to be delivered to any common or contract carrier for transportation or shipment in interstate or foreign commerce, to persons other than licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, or licensed collectors, any package or other container in which there is any firearm or ammunition without written notice to the carrier that such firearm or ammunition is being transported or shipped; except that any passenger who owns or legally possesses a firearm or ammunition being transported aboard any common or contract carrier for movement with the passenger in interstate or foreign commerce may deliver said firearm or ammunition into the custody of the pilot, captain, conductor or operator of such common or contract carrier for the duration of the trip without violating any of the provisions of this chapter. No common or contract carrier shall require or cause any label, tag, or other written notice to be placed on the outside of any package, luggage, or other container that such package, luggage, or other container contains a firearm."

"� 478.31 Delivery by common or contract carrier.

(a)
No person shall knowingly deliver or cause to be delivered to any common or contract carrier for transportation or shipment in interstate or foreign commerce to any person other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, any package or other container in which there is any firearm or ammunition without written notice to the carrier that such firearm or ammunition is being transported or shipped:

Provided, that any passenger who owns or legally possesses a firearm or ammunition being transported aboard any common or contract carrier for movement with the passenger in interstate or foreign commerce may deliver said firearm or ammunition into the custody of the pilot, captain, conductor or operator of such common or contract carrier for the duration of that trip without violating any provision of this part.

(b) No common or contract carrier shall require or cause any label, tag, or other written notice to be placed on the outside of any package, luggage, or other container indicating that such package, luggage, or other container contains a firearm."

http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/2005/p53004/index.htm

Simply stated, it says this:

"It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to deliver or cause to be delivered...to persons other than...licensed dealers...any package...in which there is any firearm...without written notice to the carrier that such firearm...is being...shipped..."

You would be required to give notice if you're shipping a firearm to yourself in care of someone else or if you were a gunsmith or manufacturer returning a firearm after repair. (Among other scenarios.) The BATFE's legal department will provide a binding legal determination stating as such if you request it in writing.

Try and balance UPS' or Federal Express' service types against your needs; if you're shipping a Glock 17, Ruger SR9 or anything else reasonably easy to replace, I'd go regular ground. You're in compliance with the '68 GCA and the costs are reasonable. On the other hand, if you're shipping a high-ticket item like a Colt SAA, S&W Triple Lock, etc., then I'd want it OUT of the shipper's system ASAP. It would be tough to replace one of those items in the event of an insured loss.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
7th Offline
Originally Posted by Redbone311
Why tell them it's a firearm at all?
Do you tell them the contents of any and all of your packages you ship?
Just fill out the from and to and ship it. period.

+1, and my future MO
Live and learn

Last edited by 7th; 01/28/11.

People may doubt what you say but they will always believe what you do
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You may want to reconsider not telling them it's a firearm. The term firearm is sufficient. you are not bound to say what kind. Well, unless you have to make a claim. they will balk and try not to pay.

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Thank you all for the insight. Shipping is available via UPS ground to your FFL .

T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Bump for a price drop to $675 + shipping to your FFL.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bump for one of the best deals I've seen in some time!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any interest in trade for this gun?

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Thank you but not at this time. Trying to round up cash for other commitments. smile

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Bump

Sometimes it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission...
T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Bump for price drop. Now $675 including UPS ground shipping to your FFL. CONUS

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1minute, 222Sako, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,915
Posts18,498,320
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.