Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
hogan65 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I've had a few hand guns for years, but have never gotten a permit to carry. Some of my friends do have permits some don't. Arguing between take it more places, it's easier to buy guns and to the other end of the spectrum where the fear of giving big brother to much information or just the general fears based on governmental conspiracy theories. What are the pros and cons. I would like to hear your opinions and recommendations.

GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Lots depends on where You live, the LEO's here in okiehoma could care less if You had a belt-fed 50 in Your P/U.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As for the giving the government too much info . . . they already have everything on you. Might as well get your carry permit just in case you are carrying across state lines and you have to exercise your right to life . . . should make it a bit less messy legally speaking.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Nice point Okie, aint like they cant trace our every move w/ our damn cell phones anyway.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Speaking for myself--

They already have so much on me, it doesnt matter if they get a little more.

I havent got a permit to carry, but as soon as I get back in my home state, I will be getting one. Working out-of-state most of the time, it will probably keep me out of trouble, if (when) I get stopped by a LEO.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I had a Top Secret clearance of over twenty years. They already know more about me than my mother knew. Then there is my background check for my Haz/Mat endorsement on my CDL. Been fingerprinted so many time the have almost worn out my fingers. Getting a CC does not bother me. I have one.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I've got more handguns than I have fingers and toes -

But I'm too lazy to go through the hassle of getting a carry permit.

Just don't feel the need to carry anyway -

But ... sometimes ???

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hogan65, I go the opposite for a reason: I've gotten a carry permit everywhere I've lived that it was legal.

Each permit application adds a number to the pool of pro-gun citizens. Every approved permit adds a number to the cizens who carry. Politicians can count votes even if they can't count spending.

I see every CCW as a vote for the Second Ammendment, personal carry, etc. I've never owned nor carried a handgun, but I vote for it in a practical way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hogan65
I've had a few hand guns for years, but have never gotten a permit to carry. Some of my friends do have permits some don't. Arguing between take it more places, it's easier to buy guns and to the other end of the spectrum where the fear of giving big brother to much information or just the general fears based on governmental conspiracy theories. What are the pros and cons. I would like to hear your opinions and recommendations.

Are you asking whether or not you should carry, or carry legally with a permit?

H
hogan65 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
That's a good point. I've been thinking in a how does it effect me perspective, but that gives me more of a big picture perspective.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hogan65
Had one since I was nineteen. I can see the argument that it's better to just carry, though, and think of it as none of the government's business. I know some people who don't have a permit for that reason and carry when they feel the need.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
P Weed--

Consider yourself lucky!

Where I'm at now, we have security (off duty LEO) all day long...

But, some places I've worked, you see gangs of punks around your work place, and no one is there to help you. In those situations, I carry, but w/o a permit. One of these days, it will catch up with me and cause a problem, so I'm getting one when I get home.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tho it rubs me wrong to get a permit to exercise an UNALIENABLE Right, I've had one for years for the reasons mentioned above.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm with the others, working for the sheriff's office they already know me. I have enough yellow sheets and background checks that worrying about the CCW makes little difference. I do however have two. I have the one issued to me by the dept as an officer but I have one as a civilian too. Should I quit or something, I have the civilian one as a backup. Also, for me if I carry with my badge, it has to be a dept qualified gun and I like to carry others. So if I want to carry my Smith 58, I leave the badge at home and I'm still covered.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
In WA, if you dont have a permit then when buying a handgun, you have to wait 2 weeks, if you have a permit then you can walk out of the store with it right after paying for it. Thats the only reason I have a permit. I never go anywhere that I feel I need to carry.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Permit to carry no you don't need a permit for free speach do ya? That will be next. Free men have the right to arms.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
I had a Top Secret clearance of over twenty years. They already know more about me than my mother knew. Then there is my background check for my Haz/Mat endorsement on my CDL. Been fingerprinted so many time the have almost worn out my fingers. Getting a CC does not bother me. I have one.

Fingerprints & background for a hazmat endorsement? When did they start that? I haven't driven in 15 years but I've kept my class A. I dropped the hazmat 10 years ago figuring I could pick it up again if the need arises.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Scott F

Fingerprints & background for a hazmat endorsement? When did they start that? I haven't driven in 15 years but I've kept my class A. I dropped the hazmat 10 years ago figuring I could pick it up again if the need arises.

You have to find an approved place to have your fingerprints taken then get an approval background check, Then you can take the test. Costs an extra hundred bucks. It a 9/11 thing.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
If a person is concerned about the gov. enough to not get a permit why would they say so on a forum?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm in the same boat as Scott F, I've had a Top Secret Clearance as I've handled and worked with some pretty scary stuff and I have been finger printed so many times that I lost count. I work in Emergency Management Field in Communications and I'm quite sure the government has a pretty good sized file on me already as a prerequisite for working in the public sector of government and having CCW permits in both Florida and here in Washington State.

I seldom carry but I have that right and as a result I won't let my CCW expire. The main reason I got one here in Washington was so I could agrivate the Wa Dept of Fish & Wildlife Officers during hunting season as I carry a loaded sidearm on me during hunting season and they can't do a thing about it. After gettig it one nice option of having it is I can walk into any gun shop of firearms dealer in the State of Washington and if I see something I can't live without I can pay for it and walk out the door with it with no waiting period.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 60 invisible), 2,971 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,969
Posts18,519,658
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.