Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4979256 02/24/11
lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Amesbury, MA. A genuine not-to-miss establishment, if ever in the 'hood. Birthday lass and I for her birthday. Lucked out and had the joint entirely to ourselves. The owner is pictured. Born, raised and taught to be a master of foods in Florence, Italy. Emigrated to our great country in '68. The man is a genius. It's the simple things sometimes, people.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/Wild%20Bites/ASHBDAY2011032.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/Wild%20Bites/ASHBDAY2011034.jpg[/img]

GB1

lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Lobster and blue crab stuffing, respectively, in the wee pasta pockets, a great Tuscan wine, local sea scallops perfectly seared and matched with a black truffle sauce, a Northern Italy style chowder with a twist, with littlenecks, leeks, butter and cream, fresh braised cod cheek in a sweet glaze with endives, tiramisu and chocolate raviolis with fresh whipped cream and berries in a cognac sauce, a bottle of Muscat on the house...Man, that old Italian Florence boy took care of us, and can really cook up a storm. So glad to have a place so close that is so good. George, when are you coming down?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lhonda
Lobster and blue crab stuffing, respectively, in the wee pasta pockets, a great Tuscan wine, local sea scallops perfectly seared and matched with a black truffle sauce, a Northern Italy style chowder with a twist, with littlenecks, leeks, butter and cream, fresh braised cod cheek in a sweet glaze with endives, tiramisu and chocolate raviolis with fresh whipped cream and berries in a cognac sauce, a bottle of Muscat on the house...Man, that old Italian Florence boy took care of us, and can really cook up a storm. So glad to have a place so close that is so good. George, when are you coming down?

I had a few of these for dinner.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
How DO you manage to keep your girlish figure? Seems all you do is eat!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Barkoff

[Linked Image]

Please tell me that you are joking. Pre-made PB&J? cry crazy

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barkoff

[Linked Image]

Call me what you will, but I prefer my PBJ baked goods served without crust.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ironbender
How DO you manage to keep your girlish figure? Seems all you do is eat!
I was thinking the same thing, but about his wife! Leighton needs a certain amount of insulation/flotation for his hobbies. The wife stays very slim, in spite of mounds of wonderful food!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leighton, how come I never see any bologna or viennie sausages in the stuff you eat?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Leighton...If you haven't already,you and your hottie wife need to take about 3 weeks and tour Italy. I've been to some superb Italian eateries in my day but nothing compares to the real deal. Plus,it's a stunningly beautiful country and Italians generally love us Americans. They seem to love our tourist dollars anyway.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well Sir that there all looks simi eatable. Tell me though, how is he with a chicken fried steak? grin

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lol James

we may be cut from similar cloth

fancy dining about twice a year suits me to a tee

pot of beans & pan of cornbread make my heart sing

and sometimes causes other parts to hum a bit too blush

Last edited by 2legit2quit; 02/25/11.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Chef looks like Gary Busey.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Looks good, but if you were the only ones in the joint how long can they survive?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like some great eats and good time there.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good pics lhonda. The opportunity to go out to places like that is nice. For us it is at least a 50 mile one way drive.

I just got the old frying pan out last night and started with 3 small red potatos in a dab of olive oil, added a small coarse chopped red onion, sliced up a pkg of white muchrooms, a dismantled brocolli crown and added a sliced up Nathan's beef kielbasa. Simple but very good.

In fact left overs for lunch today!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dude, I could almost smell the garlic from here! That food looks fabulous, hard to believe you 2 had the whole place to yourselves.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Leighton,
I would hate to be guilty of agreeing with isaac, but you should go to Italy. Go to the town of Sorrento on the bay of Naples and eat your way thru the little restaurants there. Heaven on earth for a gourmand like me!

Italians really didn't seem too friendly - but American dollars are still very popular.

Johnny $

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by byc
The Chef looks like Gary Busey.

Hilarious! I said to Airi, with those chompers, that dude's a lock as the Italian Gary Busey...Of course, as it often the case, she didn't get the reference. The destroyer of all things funny the lass can be. wink

lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Looks good, but if you were the only ones in the joint how long can they survive?

It was the evening of the Monday holiday, so it was essentially late on a 'Sunday' night. They seem to be doing quite well.

Thanks for the suggestions on the Italy tour. My folks have urged us to do the same, as they have enjoyed 6 or 7 trips just to Italy the past decade or so, along with their other travels. It's definitely on the 'Greatest Hits Eating Tour' wink hit list, as are Spain and France.

Thanks for the comments, y'all. It really pleases me that we have the place here now, as frankly, outside of the numerous excellent seafood restaurants close by, in the little town we live in, it's mostly a mix of crappy pizza, sub joints and bar food...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 06hunter59, 257robertsimp, 59 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,550
Posts18,472,964
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.