Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
NOW we're talkin'.!!!

I challenge you, buy a box and tell me you ain't hooked...those things are like crack.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Can't do it Barkoff.

Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Barkoff

I had a few of these for dinner.
[Linked Image]

Please tell me that you are joking. Pre-made PB&J? cry crazy

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
There's always 3 boxes of each in our law firm freezer. They're the number one stolen snack throughout the entire building.

Great for the deer stand,too!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So there, if lawyers can eat them, who are you to snub your nose?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

I need a deer stand too.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Barkoff
So there, if lawyers can eat them, who are you to snub your nose?

If you and Isaac like them, that's fine by me. As my friend Randy is want to say...Ya only got to make your self happy!

My pard won't even feed Clif Bars to his horses!

Evah body is diff'rent.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by isaac
Because I like you, I'm giving you this as a gift. People have begged me for this recipe and I wouldn't yield. And, in spite of all the culinary snobbery here, sprinkled with meanness, I'm still going the good guy route with this gift. You're welcome.

1 1/2 lb Velveeta cheese, cut up
8 oz blue crab/back fin
1 1/4 cup finely chopped hot Italian sausage(grill cooked)
2 6 oz cans of Rotel with green chiles
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (1/8 for sissies)

Melt it,spoon it onto your fave chip,bread or cracker,savor it and then make sure you post thereafter and speak of my genius!

You've just found your way into a very special inner circle. The things I do for the common man!

That's very touching, to be welcomed into the special inner circle, counselor. Ta.

Couple things, though. What on earth are backfin and Rotel, and when do I add the M&Ms to your recipe?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You're a waterman and you don't know what back fin crab meat is? Oh my word!! And, every real chef in the know uses grape seed oil these days. Olive oil is SO yesterday!

PS...Rotel is to Velveeta what Miso dressing is to salad. The perfect blend!!

Last edited by isaac; 02/25/11.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Velveeta is not cheese...you ever seen that schitt made? Lets just say acceptable maggot content.....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Read the fat content on those PB&J premade sandwiches, you'll thank me later. My arteries are already starting to harden reading that cheese recipe.........lol

How's that saying go........"That's nacho cheese, that's Velveeta"!!!

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Velveeta is not cheese...

It don't even have to be in the refrigerated dairy section!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by isaac
You're a waterman and you don't know what back fin crab meat is? Oh my word!! And, every real chef in the know uses grape seed oil these days. Olive oil is SO yesterday!

PS...Rotel is to Velveeta what Miso dressing is to salad. The perfect blend!!

I am a waterman, of sorts, but we only get crabs worth bothering with (blues) south of the cape (cod). Mostly I use jonahs and green crabs for bait for tautog and bass. Must be a regional thing. Do you call your oysters 'arsters'?

Grapeseed oil is OK, but I still prefer my EVOO. You can have your yellow plastic cheese-like substitute and canned veggies, sir! wink

As far as miso, it has lots of uses; one is as a salad dressing. Airi's grandma 'marinates' cuts of fish in a light miso paste before broiling. Good lord it comes out fantastic.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
man when you come down for the redheads your going to have to whip up one of your meals.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Airi's grandma 'marinates' cuts of fish in a light miso paste before broiling. Good lord it comes out fantastic.
===========

I bet it does. Can you buy the paste at the Asian markets. We went from 1 Asian market, a good drive from here, to about 5 now and all compete with Wegmans as far as store volume and sales are concerned. I love the Asian markets near my home and office. Eat there once a week.

Major money hauls!

William Arthur Ward

lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
man when you come down for the redheads your going to have to whip up one of your meals.

You won't have to wait that long if your fishing outing works out, brother. I'll be bringing as many bugs as I can fit in my large duffel, and maybe a gallon of chowder...I'll just ask you to have a large (and I do mean large) pot, some ability to have a blaze (outdoors is fine; not sure what your laws are as far as fires on beaches but that'd work fine if we can) and point me to where I can get some corn and butter. You might want to have some small tools with you for you and the gang, in order to get into the meat of the bugs, but we should be in good shape. wink

Bob, if you're around a Japanese market (or a market that carries Japanese products) ask for Koji miso. You can really use any, but most Japanese use a light miso, kind of a yellowy-creamy tan color, for the home use for fish. I'd not recommend the red or brown, as it's quite salty for this use, but you can suit to your taste. Many Japanese chefs mix three or four, but no need to get fancy. Say you've got a lb. of snapper or bass filets. Take about 4 TBSP of miso paste, and dilute it in a bit of hot water; maybe half a cup. Add a bit of sake or mirin to the mix, and pour it on the fillets to marinate for a bit (30-60 mins is fine). Then broil/bake. A very thin, but nice little crust should form.

Toss some chopped scallion on those bad boys for a bit of color and flavor. Do NOT add salt or soy, as the miso already has plenty salt. Add a few cold veggie side dishes like daikon radish, pickled mushrooms, or maybe just a little salad, and serve with some hot rice. You'll make honorable Nihon-jin in no time frat. I mean flat.

wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
Well Sir that there all looks simi eatable. Tell me though, how is he with a chicken fried steak? grin

BCR
I was wondering the same thing...Ya think that the I-Talian Gary Busy can make good gravy too?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
Well Sir that there all looks simi eatable. Tell me though, how is he with a chicken fried steak? grin

BCR
I was wondering the same thing...Ya think that the I-Talian Gary Busy can make good gravy too?

Wait a second: you have Italian in you? Only here in New England have I ever heard anyone other than Americans with Italian backgrounds use the term 'gravy' in reference to a sauce...

Or wait, did you mean it in like a, "taters n' biscuits 'n gravy" kind of way? Now I'm confused. Man, you Texan boys are a downright mysterious lot sometimes. This meeting is going to be like a 'when worlds collide' type scenario. Sounds like a kick in the head. I'll just have to keep one eyed peeled watching for the shenanigans. I've been known to take pics, y'know. You have been warned.

whistle grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ain't skeer'd of no stink'n camera......
I'm thinking that you've been chicken fried steak deprived... Or is it just that you're ignern't about it?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I ain't skeer'd of no stink'n camera......
I'm thinking that you've been chicken fried steak deprived... Or is it just that you're ignern't about it?

Hell yes I know what chicken fried steak is. I order mine slathered in gravy--usually it's been a white, and not brown-- every time when I'm down in FL. I prefer smashed potatoes to the grits that's offered as a standard choice, usually, though they can be nice. Whatv puzzles me is that you'd even think I'd NOT have ordered a piece of meat that's breaded and fried. That doesn't even pass a first level fat guy sanity check. I was born at night, but not last night!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
no problem with fires on the beach so we're good there. how big a pot you talking. we got one for frying turkeys.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1minute, 06hunter59, 257robertsimp, 60 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,549
Posts18,472,957
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.