Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
no problem with fires on the beach so we're good there. how big a pot you talking. we got one for frying turkeys.

Perfect; we're in bidness. We use one here for the same thing. Just need to make sure the fry oil is completely washed out of it. If you have one of those inserts (smaller pot that nestles inside the main one, with a handle and drainage holes), so much the better, but a metal colander will work too. I steam mine, as they're a little less of a hassle to rip apart when not filled so much with water, which is what happens when you straight boil. If they have any monsters, I'll bring one down to play with. Like this one. Took these shots on my phone about an hour ago (wife is heading to see some old Tokyo friends in VA, and took a few bugs with her). Hard to see scale due to water, but that big bug on the left is a 17 pounder. The crusher alone must go 5 pounds, and is larger than a kid's baseball glove. The 'little' ones in the tank seen are 7 and 9 pounders. wink

Looking forward to it, bud, and thanks.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
seeing those reminds of onetime we ran offshore. we stop at a local store to buy some stuff to eat drink, while we were fishing, and they had live crawdads. we bought some and used them for bait. caught some snapper on them.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
seeing those reminds of onetime we ran offshore. we stop at a local store to buy some stuff to eat drink, while we were fishing, and they had live crawdads. we bought some and used them for bait. caught some snapper on them.

Local sharpies will use crayfish they've caught (I've been known to use the time-tested string and hotdog method myself) to fish for striped bass. Now why would anyone do that, pray tell? Because a crayfish, despite being a freshwater critter, is virtually indistinguishable from a baby lobster. Stripers love eating lobsters. One slob I caught years ago had two squid, six crabs, a herring and THREE lobsters in his stomach (I check the stomach contents of bass I keep for the grill). Two of them were legal sized bugs. Yep, that fish was a real glutton.
I have pics of it somewhere...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lhonda

Stripers love eating lobsters. One slob I caught years ago had two squid, six crabs, a herring and THREE lobsters in his stomach (I check the stomach contents of bass I keep for the grill). Two of them were legal sized bugs. Yep, that fish was a real glutton.

grin grin.......and then Honda ate the fish grin grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Originally Posted by lhonda

Stripers love eating lobsters. One slob I caught years ago had two squid, six crabs, a herring and THREE lobsters in his stomach (I check the stomach contents of bass I keep for the grill). Two of them were legal sized bugs. Yep, that fish was a real glutton.

grin grin.......and then Honda ate the fish grin grin

Circle of life, man, circle of life...

grin

IC B2

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,053
Posts18,501,069
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.