Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
It is just a pipe dream. What you need is a safe place to hide out.
Just trying to survive in a non functional society will be hard enough, let alone with people out there trying to kill you.

Hemi

I am not so sure that there IS a 'safe place to hide out'. There are places that are less accessible, harder to get to, but all of America has been explored and mapped for many years.

A reason to have a goodly supply of ammunition, is that there is just no way of knowing how long a time of crisis and societal breakdown would last.
If you ever did have to defend yourself, even from a small group of attackers, trust me, you can burn through more ammunition than you think you will. I would not be comfortable with less than 3K rounds for every combat worthy long gun, and at least a thousand for every combat hand gun.
Knowing how to re load, and having a supply of components is a good idea as well.

i will guarantee you there are places in arizona that haven't seen humanity since geronimo or mangus colorado

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shchit,

So,...you're gonna go the "Wino Route"....?

Break in to a DRUG STORE !

That price I quoted on the "Hyper-Compressed Bean Fart Gas" collectible device expires Monday.

I thought you'd be the perfect custodian ,...therefore.

That's OK,...I've been getting calls from some "Sheik"

Sounds like a lot of the azzwholes who post here,...if you follow my drift.

Allahahu ......PHHHHFFFFFTTTttttt.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Yah

[Linked Image]

Brand, Model?

Link: www.simplepump.com

tell em' I sent ya' !

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The pumps that I have used and seen for sale fit in a 4-5 inch pipe.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well,....the one pictured,...solo ?

try 3" casing

"Slim Hole" defined,....

Hell man,....go read the promo on em'

GTC

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
For sanitation I'm pullin the lid to the septic tank and settin a lawn chair over it.

No sense in storing a lot of fuel. If you're buggin in and plan on running a generator you may as well put a sign in your front yard "I have food and water". If you're buggin out, you'll get shot and your bug out vehicle will be gone.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
GW - when civility meets hunger/thirst and the convoys of "help" are not coming, I have feeling civility will be the first thing out the window.

Remember, the question isn't whether or not you're paranoid, it's whether or not you're paranoid enough!! wink

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"For sanitation I'm pullin the lid to the septic tank and settin a lawn chair over it."

For the love of Jesus,....put a "No Smoking" sign by the throne.

I'm praying for your movements , so to speak.

Lotta' "gravity" there

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by plainsman456
The pumps that I have used and seen for sale fit in a 4-5 inch pipe. CASING

fixed,

GTC

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Nebraska
GW - when civility meets hunger/thirst and the convoys of "help" are not coming, I have feeling civility will be the first thing out the window.

Remember, the question isn't whether or not you're paranoid, it's whether or not you're paranoid enough!! wink

Again, the areas of this Country (and others) that have seen rioting, looting, etc. following a disaster in recent times all had one common factor, and I just don't see it happening here.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Good idea on the sign....grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Headstone inscription

"He was answering Natures Call, When The Lord called him Home,

....He ascended into Heaven on a pillar of fire"

Hey,...that's just a rough draft,....lemme know if you need it refined....

GTC

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Laffin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slip_sinker
Laffin

You think I'm Chittin ?

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
dude!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
AR-15- Most common ammo and parts. Can be liberated from the police and military.

EAA 40 cal with an extra 9mm slide. Ammo is the most common and can be liberated from both police and military.

One iron sighted 22 bolt action in the group.

K-Bar knife, Buck Folding Hunter, and a pocket knife.

Side cut wire cutters that can be used as pliers.

Snares, both 3/16 and a few 3/8 inch, no stop locks. A good bunch of those. Several coils of soft iron wire. You don't hunt to survive, you trap.

Flint and steel, and learn to use it. Also put a Bic lighter in every pocket.

Fish Hooks and a spool of braided Dacron fishing line.

Once you're there nothing is as suitable as a flintlock rifle of 40 cal. Learn to make your own powder.

Water filter.

Study what mountain men used, that's all you need.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Sorry fellas, gotta go, Red Dawn is the theme for tonight's flick..

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Folks, If what you all are thinking about of when the SHTF happens you will be a combatant or a casualty. The combatants will have to adopt small unit plans to evade and elude and gather what they need to survive along the way such as shelter, food and water. There is no way to transport anything more than basic tools and arms on your back and the planning of what you can carry could make all the differance. Think water gathering, carrying and purification, meat and food gathering, shelter, close range self defense. Think mobile and proactive. Anyone that plans to dig in in most of our country or escape totally by a vehicle will most likely not fair well, do not think stand and fight, think cut and run. Build strong relationships with people that you can trust and have the same points of view that you can meet up with and trust. And last but not least pray that we are never forced into such a situation. Russ

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Well, an interesting topic. We're probably fairly well set up since we live 15 miles outside a town of 2500. We have 7000 gallons of underground water supply that will gravity feed to our place at 35psi. Lot's of land, 25 kw diesel generator, lots of diesel (mostly to fuel the tractor, bulldozer and pickup). We are also 1.5 miles off the county road and behind two locked gates. Oh, and we do have a few guns and such. However, none of it was really due to the doomsday scenarios discussed here. Being far out in the country, at the end of the power line, you just plan on being self sufficient. We've been out of power for 6 days, had our driveway blocked by a slide, floods, locust - you get the picture. It's just part of country living, and we make it through. In a true SHTF scenario I'll probably stock up on chocolate chips and bacon. Two things that I love to eat, but don't - but hey, if the end is near, might as well enjoy yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"pray that we are never forced into such a situation"

Can I get a rousing and HEARTFELT AMEN here folks ?

AMEN !

GTC

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (338reddog, 300_savage, 308xray, 16penny, 280shooter, 29 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,261
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.