Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Marseille

After fishing, back to hunt in Europe. This year was busy for me but i hunted a lot. Want to share some of my trip with you if you like.

first: after gam in the french Alpes Maritimes, above the Mediterranean sea:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Gam shot with a Kimber Montana 243 with 95 Nosler Partition handload
Then there was that isard, same as gam, but a little bit smaller leaving in Pyr�n�es Mountains border between France and Spain
[Linked Image]
My job drove me in Portugal were i got chance to test the new Merkel RX Helix rifle and took this good red deer and nice boar

[Linked Image]

hunted also in Germany, in Thuringia, not far the well known town of Suhl, on public land and forest. Shot a roe after short stalk.
[img]http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss198/Hunter4570/suhl1.jpg[/img]
Then during the snow storm that paralysed Europe in december was in Poland to make a reportage about driven hunt but weather and Murphy's law saw me stalking boars at moonlight under snow. Not to bad a punition...
These two boars were taken with the Guide Blaser 8x68S and his hunting clothes, all my stuff being lost between Bruxelles and Berlin...
[img]http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss198/Hunter4570/DSC_0008.jpg[/img]
This one is not in Europe, sorry about that, but Australia's Arnhem Land.
A nasty wild boar shot with the .50Alaskan custom after he tried to charge me.
[img]http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss198/Hunter4570/australie15.jpg[/img]

Hope you like the pictures as i liked these hunts.

You shot those 2 boars in Poland, where? I am Polish.

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Not far from Zielona Gora, one hour and half/two hours drive from Berlin.
In fact shot 6 in three nights under snow and moon light, not from high seats but stalking.

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oh ok. I'm from Krakow. I am immigrant family my parents immigrated to America in 1983 from Krakow area. Boars (dziki) are very numerous in Poland. We have quite a bit of wolves and Bears now also moose too, but obviously you can't hunt them because there arent as many.

Thats the right way to hunt. High seats is for people who don't know how to hunt and want to take the easy way out

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Polska
Oh ok. I'm from Krakow. I am immigrant family my parents immigrated to America in 1983 from Krakow area. Boars (dziki) are very numerous in Poland. We have quite a bit of wolves and Bears now also moose too, but obviously you can't hunt them because there arent as many.

Thats the right way to hunt. High seats is for people who don't know how to hunt and want to take the easy way out

And, you have exactly how much experience hunting at all?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Since I was 16. i'm 25 now. And I hunt like a man, I walk on the ground, I don't bring 5,000 dollars worth of crap. I sit my ass on the ground. that is fair chase. Any idiot can shoot out of a stand. Takes a real man to know his prey and surroundings to take an animal on the ground.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
And, you've successfully hunted what, and how? Archery? Blackpowder? Rifle? Shotgun? Spear? "Bare-handed"?

9 years... And, the revelation of your arrogant, obnoxious azz being 25 doesn't surprise me at all.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Hi Polska,

I prefer to stalk but i also hunt sometimes from high seat (mostly when i'm invited in Germany). As frenchy, from the south of the country, i also hunt driven game as tracker, dog leader or posted hunter. I don't consider one or another form of hunting better than the other. We, hunters (worldwide) are attacked from all directions by greens and antis, we must not fight each other because of our hunting choices but stand united. There always something good to learn from other guy even if it's not our way of thinking or doing. I can use BP or smokeless, lever, semi auto, bolt or single shot action, depend on my mood, but i'll never condamn one's choice for his firearm or way of hunting. We must just kill cleanly and rapidly with respect for the game and other hunters and people who share nature and wild with us.
Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Clear, smart, educative, respectful, WISE ...

Va t'in tch�re !
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Y'all haven't an idea (yet) what you're dealing with.

Check the "chain maille" thread in General Big Game for a bit more clarity.

Oh, and GV, whatever you do, don't put up any fox hunting pics.... wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Uh ? Hell no, the fridge is full, this season you'll get fox COOKING pics ... whistle

Va t'in tch�re !
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Thanks GV.

Dom

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Some of my favorite Europe Pictures. Sorry about being a tourist.

Purdey inside and out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This WWII D-Day veteran was playing Taps for his friends who died at Omaha Beach. Probably one of the most moving experiences of my life.

[Linked Image]

The American Cemetery at Omaha Beach

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My wife and I in Normandy.

[Linked Image]

ddj

Last edited by trouthunterdj; 03/22/11.

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by grand_veneur
Clear, smart, educative, respectful, WISE ...

Exactly.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
great pictures guys! makes me want to come over and do a little hunting! i think the Roe deer is very cool looking IMO...

keep posting them pictures!

I can't spell... Deal with it...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Very nice pics ddj!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And the rest too of course!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Since I was 16. i'm 25 now. And I hunt like a man, I walk on the ground, I don't bring 5,000 dollars worth of crap. I sit my ass on the ground. that is fair chase. Any idiot can shoot out of a stand. Takes a real man to know his prey and surroundings to take an animal on the ground.

You are absolutely too much. F'd up a perfectly good thread. You'll realize when you finally mature what an azz you've been on the campfire and why many would welcome you leaving.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Did somebody visit romania ???? there are a lot of wild animals ...and very big wild boars

check this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCoNgJNuZLo&feature=player_embedded#at=187

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Marseille

I must say you are in the top 10 posters on this site that most interest me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's some from this afternoon in Helsinki:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by exbiologist; 06/08/11.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

412 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 2500HD, 43 invisible), 2,670 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,757
Posts18,514,859
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.