Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Next time you empty the dishwasher, take a close look at them. You'll likely find that they look scummy, certainly not clean. Thank our nanny state government for that. Recent regulations have removed all phosphates from dish soap, and that's what got them clean. I read that Proctor & Gamble's Cascade brand is by far the most used brand and they got hit particularly hard. Cascade just doesn't do the job any more (our dishes look like crap). Glasses still have fingerprints and pan look greasy.

In their infinite wisdom, though, they exempted restaurants. I read that you can still get quality commercial soap from restaurant supply stores, but you'll likely have to buy a big box, maybe as much as 50 lb.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What's a "dishwasher"?

Me

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by teal
What's a "dishwasher"?

I thought I was the only one who did it "old school"..

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The use of antiseptic soaps and ultra clean environments have contributed to the Mega-super bacteria we have today. We have weakened our immune systems. Phosphate free soap aint gonna kill us. Common staph, emboldened by the indiscriminate use of broad spectrum anitbiotics, and our obssessive use of antibacterials will kill us. Just use a little elbow grease to wash dishes.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The EPA leaned on the soap companies and they have all pulled Phosphates out of their products.

Our glasses need hand washing to make them shine again.

I'll look at restaurant suppliers for REAL soap.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothing beats carb and choke cleaner! grin nah seriously, ill have to check mine. I dont make many dishes dirty, rarely eat at home. But I do use Cascade. Ill have to look into it.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
What's a "dishwasher"?

She's the same one that runs the snowblower

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Next time you empty the dishwasher, take a close look at them. You'll likely find that they look scummy, certainly not clean. Thank our nanny state government for that. Recent regulations have removed all phosphates from dish soap, and that's what got them clean. I read that Proctor & Gamble's Cascade brand is by far the most used brand and they got hit particularly hard. Cascade just doesn't do the job any more (our dishes look like crap). Glasses still have fingerprints and pan look greasy.

In their infinite wisdom, though, they exempted restaurants. I read that you can still get quality commercial soap from restaurant supply stores, but you'll likely have to buy a big box, maybe as much as 50 lb.

Go to the hardware store and buy some sodium phosphate and put a tsp in with your dishes.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What's a "dishwasher"?

We have two of them...

Me, and my wife. laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Pre-ban Cascade has a high "blackmarket" value. cool Like highcapacity magazines during the assault weapon ban.. When they mandated taking out the Phosphates in the consumer products, it just turned into the suck.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The dishwasher in my house has a name.................... Terry. smile smile smile The clean dish inspector is Kathy, and she has a good eye!!! smile frown smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Go to the hardware store and buy some sodium phosphate and put a tsp in with your dishes.

Yep. Either Sodium Tripolyphosphate (STPP) or Trisodium Phosphate (TSP) will help the current .gov neutered formulations work much better.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by oulufinn

Yep. Either Sodium Tripolyphosphate (STPP) or Trisodium Phosphate (TSP) will help the current .gov neutered formulations work much better.

+1. Works in the laundry soap too.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Squirt a shot of lemon juice in the bottom before closing the door.

Problem solved.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by oulufinn

+1. Works in the laundry soap too.

For sure. Adding some Sodium Percarbonate powder is a good color safe bleach, as well, though it is classified as an Oxidizer & needs very careful handling and storage. It is most active in hotter water. It's what I use to wash hunting gear, as it is a good bacteria (Scent) killer & is much safer than the high active versions of liquid Hydrogen Peroxide.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
What's a "dishwasher"?

I could get a dishwasher but I doubt my wife would use it. Without power of running water in the house it would just take up room.

You guys and your fancy toys. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I used to work with a guy whose wife went on vacation for a couple weeks, and he put all the dirty dishes in the freezer while she was gone.
He's dead now.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What's a "dishwasher"?

It is what was wearing the wedding dress!

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by ingwe
What's a "dishwasher"?

Old school here too.

Ernie

George Washington - οΏ½Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,οΏ½conscience.οΏ½

God save the Republic
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I was wondering why my dishes had spots on them. I was thinking there was something wrong with the machine.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,782
Posts18,515,759
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.