Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I have been blessed indeed. I am not a good hunter Id say above average but nothing special. I am a great killer, I see an opportunity and I execute the plan. I am versatile I have killed deer with recurve bow, compound bow, crossbow and sidelock ml, inline ml, and smokeless ml, rifle and pistol, If it was legal Id try to kill one with a spear. I love hunting, I love the peace and serenity that only the woods can provide I enjoy watching all of God's creatures and their habits and the things they can teach us. I love the kill and I love to eat them, I feel they are truly a blessing the Lord has given us.
I have had the privilege of putting my son on his first turkey with a crossbow at the age of 7, a nice longbeard turkey 19.1 lbs 9.25 beard 1 inch spurs. His first deer at the age of 9 a 3.5 yo 8 pointer 201 lbs live weight, not a big rack but it is a monster on his wall. I put his best friend Country Music Legend Ronnie Milsap's grand son on his first deer a lil spike this past fall.

I have killed a few good bucks although some of my most memorable kills are doe's.

116 inch ND 8 point

133 inch 8point aged 6.5 years old 205 live weight

124 inch 10 point 225 live weight aged 2.5 years old

121 inch 8 pont 225 live weight aged 3.5 years old

130 inch 11 point 223 live weight aged 3.5 years old

i havent scored him but id guess 110 inch or so 12 point
great split g 2 s live weight 208 lbs biggest head i have ever seen on a TN deer

notable mention

2007 6 point 18 inch inside spread
2009 12 point main frame 8 with 4 3 inch kickers

by the numbers

2007 TN number #1 deer killer 32 kills

131 deer killed

11,526 lbs of field dressed meat

killed in 11 different counties in TN and 2 deer killed in ND

avg distance of shot all weapons
62 yds

avg distance deer travel after shot all weapons

55 yds

young hunters pay attention as to which month to be in the woods

sept 7 deer
oct 24 deer
nov. 57 deer
dec 28 deer
jan 15 deer

7 am to 9 am

61 deer

9- noon

5 deer

noon- 4 pm

7 deer

4pm - dark

58 deer

38 deer from ground
93 deer from an elevated position

I have several other stats to bore you but i will refrain.

The best advice I can give to folks that want to kill a deer is simple.

Be in the woods as much as possible and especially in NOV early morn and late eve.

I have been called every thing in the world from "game hog" to being cocky and arrogant , but the folks that know me know how I truly am. I have hunted with the best hunters in the state of TN and we share some great memories that will last forever, but one of the best memories is of a good friend Jeff who is still fighting cancer and in 09 was weak from chemo who sent me off in the dark to be surrounded by livestock while he killed a good buck and i helped drag it out for him, never been so happy to drag a deer. I could go on and on. My buddy Bobby who is the deer killing est person I know, yes he is better than me he kills some real nice bucks but nothing like the time he tried to put me on a monster after he tagged out 3 that year, i killed 2 does and was so happy. My buddy Roger who is a total nut PERIOD him and his wife are the best cooks one time he killed one and i killed two it took us 2.5 hours to get them out we laughed the whole time knowing if a few mored would of showed up we would of shot them too. Gene who always invites me to the honey hole when the weather sucks but we always get fried chicken and beer for lunch. Joe up in macon county and rick and andy in knoxville and jimmy n brett for turkey season.
Jason and I have had a lot of fun the last 2 years especially this year
I killed the most beautiful yote ever off his place (joke) and i shot one in front of him that he was going to shoot, we were a lil to close to each other but it was a safe shot for the safety folks reading we knew where we were in the trees. Last but not least my best hunting buddy Pat i could type for 2 days of all of our stories.

We have a very liberal limit in Unit L here in middle Tn, all deer were taken legally.

I donate deer to a local church in Nashville where they feed poor and homeless in the Nashville area around Christmas I also give deer to 2 specific poor family's that I help personally every year .

I also donate to HFTH hunters feeding the hungry.

Every one reading this cant be all that broke as I assume they pay for an internet connection I urge all hunters to kill an extra deer and donate to HFTH whether it is free or at a reduced fee, heck to be honest just try to help some one out cause there is nothing like a good piece of meat at the dinner table.

I look forward to the future hunting with my new woman, and my son and I have this boy next door I am going to put him on his first deer this coming year.

I will share a few pics from the past

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ronnie Milsap's grand son

[Linked Image]

my first

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

my boy

[Linked Image]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/deerassassin/100_5547.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/deerassassin/100_5483.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/deerassassin/100_5241.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/deerassassin/100_4706.jpg[/img]

If you cant hang'em on the wall
Hang'em between your teeth!!!
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Very nice story and pic's

I don't feed em I eat em
F
F
Blah blah blah blah blah.... laugh

Great post, Lade!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How come you look raging mad in most photo's? LOL Cool pictures. I wish I would have kept better track of my kills.It's tough to beat great times in the woods!

1 and done
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by highridge1
How come you look raging mad in most photo's? LOL Cool pictures. I wish I would have kept better track of my kills.It's tough to beat great times in the woods!

the question i get asked most lol

i have pics and kill tags on all and keep a spread sheet tracking a lot of info

i did forget to post
And of couse the man that put me on my first deer who has taught me so much and have had so many memories with
JERRY O

when i killed my first one i was smiling from ear to ear he said to quit it your a killer u dont smile

and it has stuck

me and my buddy pat joke killn is serious business

thats why we dont do it

just a habit

now when my son kills he makes me smile in his pics and it is soooo easy as I am so proud of him

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I prefer the Dale Earnhardt approach. He did more for people who had nothing than anyone will ever know, and he never said a word about it.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice pics and stories!

You obviously live in mid/west TN. What part of the State do you hunt? Public or private?

I'm looking into options as the deer hunting in my part of TN kinda sucks compared to what I'm used to in NW PA.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by bwinters; 03/02/11.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Of course the best month and times would be for TN. Not the rest of the country...
Had a buck running does here HARD yesterday.... Our main rut here can be early to mid October, down the road a bit it doesn't even think about getting hot till Christmas or so..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
BTW imagine the size those bucks could be if you shot mature deer, not 2.5 and 3.5 year old bucks. You have what appears to be a nice gene pool going there. Our 2.5 s are not that large antler wise here. I wish they were. Of course I won't shoot a buck unless its trash or mature IE 5.5 or older, preferably older.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DEER_ASSASSIN

[Linked Image]

It looks like your puppy just died, somebody stole your girl and you were forced to have your picture taken with a couple dead deer

We need a little more of this grin and less of this mad

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Capt. Horatio Hornblower

He's a serious man too.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Very good pictures an great write but by best is the people we help an hunt with

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by bwinters
Nice pics and stories!

You obviously live in mid/west TN. What part of the State do you hunt? Public or private?

I'm looking into options as the deer hunting in my part of TN kinda sucks compared to what I'm used to in NW PA.

Thanks for sharing.

east tn can be rough to hunt although there are some nice bucks out there

i hunt public and private land

there is great public land in tn off of some of the rivers to accessed only by boat most folks wont put forth the effort

Last edited by DEER_ASSASSIN; 03/02/11.

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by rost495
BTW imagine the size those bucks could be if you shot mature deer, not 2.5 and 3.5 year old bucks. You have what appears to be a nice gene pool going there. Our 2.5 s are not that large antler wise here. I wish they were. Of course I won't shoot a buck unless its trash or mature IE 5.5 or older, preferably older.

apples to oranges Tx is way different than tn

these bucks were taken from a great place with some great soil in the river bottoms

most 2 yo buck I have killed in tn are lucky to be 150-160 live weight

i swore no way a 2 yo in tn will weight 225 live

but when i compared the jaw bone with my 6.5 yo there is a major difference

and truth be told i could care less about a big buck id rather shoot does i cant stand to hear I heard this bullet performs well well I shoot a lot with a lot of different bullets and at different speeds and ranges
truth be told you could kill a deer with a rock it you are accurate they all work just some better than others

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Way to stack'm up.....

Tony

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Brag brag brag brag..........

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I don't think the OP posted this to brag. I find it interesting.

To the OP: I have been to the knoxville area twice for work. Spent a total of one month there at different times. That is beautiful country and everyone seems so laid back. I told the wife we shoud move there and get away from the hustle and bussle of everything.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The campfire bad ass face always gives me a chuckle, so I guess it serves some purpose. However if that is how hunting made me feel I would do something else.

Last edited by battue; 03/05/11.

laissez les bons temps rouler
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Heres "my" problem with this thread.
I am not a good hunter Id say above average but nothing special. I am a great killer, I see an opportunity and I execute the plan. I am versatile I have killed deer with recurve bow, compound bow, crossbow and sidelock ml, inline ml, and smokeless ml, rifle and pistol, If it was legal Id try to kill one with a spear.
OK thats bragging.
I love the kill
Kill kill kill.....how many times has this word been used on this thread? smirk

by the numbers

2007 TN number #1 deer killer 32 kills

131 deer killed

11,526 lbs of field dressed meat

killed in 11 different counties in TN and 2 deer killed in ND
32 kills in 1 year? no one needs that many deer! I dont care who you are.

I have been called every thing in the world from "game hog" to being cocky and arrogant ,
You are in my opinion a MURDERER!
I have hunted with the best hunters in the state of TN
Blah blah blah
My buddy Bobby who is the deer killing est person I know, yes he is better than me
I dont hardly believe it.

I donate deer to a local church in Nashville where they feed poor and homeless in the Nashville area around Christmas I also give deer to 2 specific poor family's that I help personally every year .

I also donate to HFTH hunters feeding the hungry.
All I hear is Brag brag brag!
Me me this me me that.

Kill kill kill

I absolutely DO NOT AGREE with killing a deer "just" to donate it.

If you are not going to eat it I do not think you should kill it.

I would rate you a murderer! period!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

237 members (338reddog, 16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 34 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,245
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.