Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
LOL @ moses,...I reckon I said everything I intended on sayin and you got the meaning of it so it seems like it worked out as intended....You don't like they way others hunt (legaly) you can trash on em,
you don't like the way that others talk (type/ spell whatever), you can trash on that too...
I don't think thats really the objective of deal but if thats what blows your skirt up and gives you anykind of justification that you feel you need then have at it .... smile cool

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As long as someone doesn't hunt like that at my clubs, I don't care, but I think it's wrong.

Just like I said in my previous posts.

Have a good one.

JM

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Have a good one.

JM

Same to ya... smile cool

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by rost495
2 posts... nice. Thats a giveaway if I ever saw one.

A give away for what?... confused
What am I giving away just because I'm not gonna label a man as a murderer for HUNTING!? crazy For legaly killing more animals tha I THINK he should?
Because I am not gonna call a man out for posting in away that I THINK they should be doing it...
Because I'm not gonna post cute little pics and make little inuindo remarks because heaven forbid somebody else does somethin differantly than the way I THINK they should!...
Give away what? I still don't understand that confused You got a mind and a key board friend, use em, cause I don't know how to read em!... laugh

Its a give away that you only came running to a friends help, if you are not indeed one and the same as assassin is. Tennessee Deer Buster.......... sounds about the same and only 2 posts but jump right in this one to help out your buddy.

I kinda admire ya for helping a bit, but I don't care for that style of posting either.

YOu'll find some of my posts to here that have numbers at times, ONLY to show that I have a bit of experience. And some reference to some shooting, only to show that in some areas I have a bit of experience. But I just don't care for someone that just comes on to brag about how many deer they killed.

Then I get nailed because I made a comment of how nice those deer could be if given a few more years because they certainly are nice at a young age.... one just has to wonder. And the OP then says he likes killing does more anyway... but gives all the data on bucks....

Well, for me, I don't kill a buck unless its a cull or goes on teh wall, I use does for everything else. Because its the correct management tool for us all to use in my hunting areas. Would be hard for me to kill a buck thats not mature or trash anymore.

OF course I"m not ramming that down anyones throat but I get tired of seeing could have been good racks sawed off laying in a corner of the garage with rats gnawing on em....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Its a give away that you only came running to a friends help, if you are not indeed one and the same as assassin is. Tennessee Deer Buster.......... sounds about the same and only 2 posts but jump right in this one to help out your buddy.

I kinda admire ya for helping a bit, but I don't care for that style of posting either.
YOu'll find some of my posts to here that have numbers at times, ONLY to show that I have a bit of experience. And some reference to some shooting, only to show that in some areas I have a bit of experience. But I just don't care for someone that just comes on to brag about how many deer they killed.

Ok fair enough smile that wasn't a difficult acronym was it?...I am not deer assasin nor haver I've ever met the man. actually I have registered and just reading for a few days now. That is the first post I have seen him make.
..I may not personaly go in for the way lots of folks post either but that can go both ways if you know what I'm saying.
So if you want to throw numbers out there for what ever reason then thats ok, but somebody else does, then they must have alternative motives or obviously be covering up for some lack of skill or foresite? crazy Ya THAT makes a whole lot of sence...

Did You yourself not just stressed how you manage the deer in your area for your situation as you see it? Isn't THAT what its all about? is MANAGMENT? confused
I don't know his (assasins) situation so I can't really comment on what, if any impact, his pursuits are to the overall health of the deer herd in his area. I do know that we can legaly kill three does a day for almost 90 consecutive days in 1/3 of our state. But to just come out and throw somekind of morality flag, (not saying it was you specificly but it was throw) based soley on the number of deer somebody kills without knowing the whole situation just doesn't seem right to me as it seems to some others. If they are going to folks that will eat them, and are not being wasted, and are helping the states wildlife professionals meet thier managment goals then whos concern is it what he or anyone else kills LEGALLY or why? confused Its not mine and I LIVE in this state.

OF course I"m not ramming that down anyones throat but I get tired of seeing could have been good racks sawed off laying in a corner of the garage with rats gnawing on em....

There again, if its deer that you would never lay eyes on anyway, what concern is it of yours what anyone else legaly kills. What is a good rack anyways? confused I can tell you that I will never mount another deer period, so what am I now a bad and immoral person because any buck that I do decide to kill will either have its antlers cut up for knife handles or left for the rodents to chew on? I have never put a tape measure on any deer I have ever killed..Why? because it just doesn't matter to me.....I tell you what, if it will make you feel any better the next 5.5 year old buck I kill you can send me the money to have it mounted and I will put your name on a plaque underneath it... cool smile

I am just not going to put anyone down or diss them for thier own choice as to how they legally hunt, thats all...its nothing personal for or against anyone....

Last edited by tndrbstr; 03/08/11.
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
My my my we got us a live one....

OK maybe Murderer was harsh...maybe not.

How about (forgetting state laws and regs) unethical, immoral and plain not right.

Its all about killing....you have to admit it he says he loves killing.

I'm glad this is all taking place in your wonderful state and not mine.....hehehe

For someone to come on here and fervently stick up for another in his home state makes you wonder...you butt buddies?

30+ deer unused by him to me is the same as shooting the deer and letting them lay.

Butt whatever (notice I spelled it b-u-t-t?)

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Tom264
My my my we got us a live one....

OK maybe Murderer was harsh...maybe not.

How about (forgetting state laws and regs) unethical, immoral and plain not right.
Its all about killing....you have to admit it he says he loves killing.

I'm glad this is all taking place in your wonderful state and not mine.....hehehe

For someone to come on here and fervently stick up for another in his home state makes you wonder...you butt buddies?

30+ deer unused by him to me is the same as shooting the deer and letting them lay.Butt whatever (notice I spelled it b-u-t-t?)

Well tom, I guess its always easier to make belittleing remarks and throw mud than to rationalize your position like a grown up. And while it does make your character pretty clear it does tend to distort your overall position on hunting and knowledge of wildlife managment in general, at least to me.... But If someone is going to make uneducated comments and bash fellow hunters(?) based more on thier uninformed emotional feelings than on facts that is the easiest and most typical way to do it I reckon. I put a question mark behind fellow hunters because to be honest tom, I'm just not to sure of where you stand on the whole hunting/killing (murdering, your words) issue... confused
So somebody that hunts LEGALLY within the guide lines that are set up in thier state for the benifit of managing thier wildlife is commiting MURDER when they kill animals in order to help the state reach those goals crazy .... You can slam me all you want to friend but that is classic animal rights propaganda BS and i don't care who is spewing it out OR what state they are from........butt, as you say, whatever, (notice that i spelled it b-u-t-t also)

30 dead deer, so if 30 differant people killed one deer each then the MURDERS wouldn't of taken place?..What they would not be as dead as they are now with one person killing them?....

Forget the the state laws and regs?...No, lets don't forget the state laws and regs. That would be allowing and ignorance and emotion into the process of our states game managment program, we have enough of that to deal with anyways...Lets let the state wildlife biologist recommend the laws and regs that will benifit the long term health of OUR states deer herds based on our KNOWN AND PROVEN current populations and harvest trends....
Regardless of what you feel personally(moraly ethicly or otherwise) the managment program takes into account people with with higher than average kills (murders according to you) to offset those will lower than average kills tom..ity called WILDLIFE MANAGMENT....And you know what, If this man hadn't killed any deer at all,... those that didn't kill one, STILL would not have killed one. So I guess that your moral and ethical solution would be to up the quota limits to 4 or more deer a day in these over populated areas to reach the managment goals..But you know what tom, not one of those folks that didn't kill a deer would not have killed a deer anyways with a 10 deer limit OR regardless of what the deer assasin killed...

What if these 30 deer came off of 10, 500 acres farms that nobody else is allowed access to hunt on for one reason or another? Is three deer from 500 acres a year over harvesting of taking advantage of the health of the deer heard? I mean really, is it? confused I really don't care how you feel personaly when it comes to your ethics or morals, those are personal attributes that should never even be attempted to be regulated imo...So I guess that it would be better to have 60 more mouths to feed( 30does+30 fawns) come spring on already over populated and stressed habitate than to reduce the herd for the long term benifit of the deer as well as the habitate. confused I guess in your perfect ethical and moral mind that allowing over population is just the right thing to do?... confused So he likes the KILLING part the best!...WHO CARES if thats his favorite part of the hunt!?...The mouths need to be eliminated in in some areas, period...

If anybody has any knowledge or fact that one person LEGALLY killing 30 deer is anything but benificial to the over all health of the deer under thier present circumstances then thats fine, lets see it...If you don't then your just spouting off with your emotions and opinions thru ignorance of thier particular situation

Tennesse hunters gave well over 100,000 lbs of deer to benifit needy familys across our state thru the hunters for the hungry program...thats not counting all the people that were helped out that are seperate from that program that are just neighbors down the road in need.... And by your standards (ethics, morals, definition of right and wrong), all those deer were murdered and had just as well been left to rot in the woods? confused

What about the senseless killing (murdering) of coyotes or feral hogs?..Does that raise an ethical and moral flag in your court too? Or is that somehow moraly or ethicly differant in your personal view? confused confused Cause we kill the crap out of em down here!!!.... whistle

Ya know tom,...It don't take much of a man to stand up on his moral/ethical soap box and try pissin on anybodys shoulders that they don't see eye to eye with, and I don't have a problem with that if thats what you want to do,...just don't try to convince me that its raining.... smile
Maybe if you can't keep yourself from letting these disscusions get personal just because someone doesn't share your view or opinion, then you would be better off sticking to playing with the dead ones?.... wink

I'm done with this,...yu'all spellcheck me and have fun!.... smile cool

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Talking about emotional....your so emotional when you speak I'm almost in tears feeling sorry for you and the deer assassin.

So you think I'm an animal rights type of guy huh?

You obviously do not know me very well.. go back into my threads and see what kind of hunting I do.

I got pics too.......

Butt again whatever..........

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Sorry,..I've done 10-4'd ya.... smirk grin

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The thing of it is, here in Indiana each hunter can legally harvest/kill over 400+ deer a year.

Now if all 268,485 hunters in our state killed their allotted 400+ deer then by arithmetic we would have killed 107,394,000 deer....now tell me this...what state holds that many deer?

Now I know that this number is unrealistic so what if we each hunter killed 30 deer? by the numbers we would have killed 8,054,550 deer.....I bet that number is over 15 times the population of all of Indiana's deer herd.

SO, what I'm getting at is in MY state for instance the legislaters came up with some fabricated number to kill off the deer herd because the insurance companies are lining THEIR pockets with cash.... it is a known problem here.

Now like I said if each of us hunters just go out to kill all the deer we possibly can for the sake of the fact we love killing then eventually we will kill off all the deer in our state which ultimately is the goal of the legislators/insurance companies!

Thats my opinion and shared by many others here in my state.

Now if the law says its legal it doesnt mean its right!

Right?

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Tom264
Originally Posted by ColdCase1984
Legally killing deer is NOT murder.

I disagree.

He is going out and purposefully KILLING deer for the fun of it....

Its just a bonus and excuse for him to "donate" them....

Enjoying killing deer is now a bad thing??? Did I hit a link to a peta board or what. The day I quit enjoying hunting (and without killing, it's just a walk in the bush), I'll quit hunting.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
A Couple observations:
Killing "as many deer as you can" is a sign of a young (maturity wise) hunter (which he is if he's only been hunting 10 years). Many of us when we started out hunting took as many deer as we legally could, but we never had the opportunity to take 20 or 30 deer per season and or it wasn't legal. I don't think I could do it simply because I wouldn't want to have to deal with all those deer. I'd rather watch em walk than fool with em after 8-10 guttings.
I don't really believe tennessee allows that many deer to be taken by a single hunter???
I wonder if he doesn't have access to a highfence operation. In that case, culling that many does would not be surprising and those who do always leave out that little "high fence" detail.
But ultimately, even though somewhat distastefull, taking all those deer if legal and in places where the deer density can support such things, it's no big deal to me. I just wouldn't want someone like that in my club. If he's hunting private land or public land, no problem at all. I'm just thinking he has a lot of time to hunt during the fall and I must confess, I am a little jelous of that.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
I'm just thinking he has a lot of time to hunt during the fall and I must confess, I am a little jelous of that.
I'm thinking that's one of the most honest things I've seen posted on these forums. I personally don't want to deal with 30 deer per season but if someone else does and it's legal where they hunt, more power too 'em ! I don't go huntin' to watch the birds sing or the grass grow, I go because I wanna kill schitt.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Ho hell. think boys. The capsion is in pastence.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kawi
Ho hell. think boys. The capsion is in pastence.

confused

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Rather B Hunting--Yeah we can take that many deer and more in TN. In the mid part of the state designated as Unit L we can take 3 does per day from mid November through about the 2nd week of January with the season being closed for 7-10 days during the mid part of that interval. So yes a hunter can legally take many more deer per season than 30 legally. We can take 3 bucks per season additionally. No need for a fence operation to get that many deer at all. PH

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was thinking along those lines when I read the post, 30 deer to field dress, drag out, process, that's alot of work, more than I want. Heck, I shot two this year and that was enough for me even though I had more tags. I think if the resources are there, and a man is actually putting that much work into gathering meat for others, that is a pretty admirable thing. But if you are stacking up thirty kills because you just love to make things die, I think you will eventually come to a point when you rethink those choices. Killing for me is actually the least enjoyable part of the hunt, I breath a sigh of relief when the animal finally expires, I love the hunt and the meal that follows. I don't look down upon those that don't share my sentiments. Most hunters that I have gotten to know and have long term experience just seem to end up that way is all( my observations anyway).
God bless
MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
D
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
As long as someone doesn't hunt like that at my clubs, I don't care, but I think it's wrong.

Just like I said in my previous posts.

Have a good one.

JM

i pay taxes on my land I kill as i see fit and legal

I hunt several places that hunters just want to shoot bucks so I am allowed to kill does only so they can kill the big bucks

as far as murder that is so funny i may die laughing

in fact this year there were folks that killed way more than my 25

hell the last week of the season i let 19 does walk on a eve hunt 12 on another and 27 on the last day

cause as the fellow above mention you do get tired of gutting.

the problem with hunting is hunter and IMO will be the downfall of hunting.

whether it is baiting, 223, crossbows high fence, trophy hunting so forth and so on there is always something to complain about
you hunt your way i will hunt mine

as far as the comment about killing a lot with a rifle..
well at least i can tell you what works and does not and can stack plenty of photos up for proof.
heck i loaded ammo for 3 buds this year all of which was pleased with rifles that shot .7 or less at 100 and killed deer very effectively in fact i was real tickled my bud killed a nice tx buck with his 257 roy 110 accubond 3527 fps

i love to see folks get so ruffled over nothing

feeding poor is so bad and is an excuse to kill well i guess u can send ur money to feed the children i will take care of the folks in tn and the US
I personally believe it is better to do something than to do nothing.

Well i got to take 2 10 year olds turkey hunting this weekend

have at it

If you cant hang'em on the wall
Hang'em between your teeth!!!
D
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
and i called my self
Deer Assassin when i killed 1 and 2 a year

D
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
A Couple observations:
Killing "as many deer as you can" is a sign of a young (maturity wise) hunter (which he is if he's only been hunting 10 years). Many of us when we started out hunting took as many deer as we legally could, but we never had the opportunity to take 20 or 30 deer per season and or it wasn't legal. I don't think I could do it simply because I wouldn't want to have to deal with all those deer. I'd rather watch em walk than fool with em after 8-10 guttings.
I don't really believe tennessee allows that many deer to be taken by a single hunter???
I wonder if he doesn't have access to a highfence operation. In that case, culling that many does would not be surprising and those who do always leave out that little "high fence" detail.
But ultimately, even though somewhat distastefull, taking all those deer if legal and in places where the deer density can support such things, it's no big deal to me. I just wouldn't want someone like that in my club. If he's hunting private land or public land, no problem at all. I'm just thinking he has a lot of time to hunt during the fall and I must confess, I am a little jelous of that.

tn limit is like 300

do the math

[Linked Image]

http://www.state.tn.us/twra/deerseasons.html

i hunt private and public land

no high fence

I dont really hunt a lot ...dont get me wrong I hunt more than the average person but..

I work full time I have custody of my 10 yo full time except in the summer when he goes to ND to be with his sorry excuse of a mother
a 112 lb lab that is a baby

i cut about 20 ricks a wood a year
hunt fish and still got time to keep the girlfriend happy
heck next year me and her will be hunting a lot she is going to kill her first

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 52 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,308
Posts18,487,182
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.