Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 25 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 24 25
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Pretty much my thoughts as well Poobah.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some day I am going to visit the wall. 34% of the guys I graduated high school with have their names on that wall.

Although most of the boys in my Senior class and the ones both sides of me went to Vietnam, I only know of one that was killed over there. A lot were injured but it seems as a whole we were lucky. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Just read this for the first time today. It gave me goosebumps.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Just read this for the first time today. It gave me goosebumps.

A big plus 1.

Left me a little shakin by the reality of it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well, I didn't plan on doin' no drinking tonight, but I'm going to raise a few to Flyboyflem and ET tonight.

Thank you gentelmen for this tread, it's the best in a long, long, time.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
In my heart, I am giving you guys the confetti and ticker tape parade that is sadly so long over due. Thanks is inadequate but along with my deepest respect it is what I have to offer. Godspeed and may you find the peace you so richly deserve.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Woody.....dang puter screen is out of focus............ I am 53 and my Dad got out of Vietnam in 1968. He served 2 tours in Korean War, the first as infantry and the second as air defense, then Vietnam....he never talked about it.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have no words--only thanks and respect.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Morning bump for the best thread I've ever seen on the 'fire...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
One thing I want to make sure the guys here kow is that the Battle for Hill 474 lasted for 20 days and cost us pretty hard. At that time the 3/506th had 550+ line Grunts and the battle killed or wounded over 100. The 8th and 9th battalions of the NVA 22d Regiment were annihilated.The 7th (so I wuz told) got hit by an Arc Light and evaporated in the An Lao Valley. About 10 days after the incident that Woody attended, my entire company was surrounded for a day,a night and a day. This time however we not only expected it,we were ready for it. That one cost the NVA dearly while we got away with only a few minor wounds. I really wanted for guys here to get a birdseye of just how intense and savage a brawl these hill battles were and just how stone hard US Soldiers really were in the face of an enemy that was of such very high quality as fighting men. With the Regiment we faced,it was a no quarter given,no quarter asked affair. Wrap your minds around that. Absolutely nothing the outside world thought,said or believed made any difference to us. It was just us and the NVA. Grunt against Grunt. To this day, if any Man from the 3/506th at the battle showed at my door, he has a meal and a bed to slepp in. TO THIS DAY,IF AN NVA SURVIVOR of the battle showde at my door,HE WOULD GET THE VERY SAME TREATMENT!!! Do you guys understand that???

Last edited by EvilTwin; 03/09/11.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Yeah, but would you get any sleep? grin

Without question you are an honorable man and I understand where you are coming from due to the tremendous respect you would have for them as fighting men. My hat is off to you (if I wore a hat) and Flyboyflem. This is a fantastic thread.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
One thing I want to make sure the guys here kow is that the Battle for Hill 474 lasted for 20 days and cost us pretty hard. At that time the 3/506th had 550+ line Grunts and the battle killed or wounded over 100. The 8th and 9th battalions of the NVA 22d Regiment were annihilated.The 7th (so I wuz told) got hit by an Arc Light and evaporated in the An Lao Valley. About 10 days after the incident that Woody attended, my entire company was surrounded for a day,a night and a day. This time however we not only expected it,we were ready for it. That one cost the NVA dearly while we got away with only a few minor wounds. I really wanted for guys here to get a birdseye of just how intense and savage a brawl these hill battles were and just how stone hard US Soldiers really were in the face of an enemy that was of such very high quality as fighting men. With the Regiment we faced,it was a no quarter given,no quarter asked affair. Wrap your minds around that. Absolutely nothing the outside world thought,said or believed made any difference to us. It was just us and the NVA. Grunt against Grunt. To this day, if any Man from the 3/506th at the battle showed at my door, he has a meal and a bed to slepp in. TO THIS DAY,IF AN NVA SURVIVOR of the battle showde at my door,HE WOULD GET THE VERY SAME TREATMENT!!! Do you guys understand that???

I totally understand this, due to talking enough to a good friend and my Alaskan adopted Father. I not only understand what you are saying, and have said, but to further it, I expected NOTHING less either.
Hope that makes sense, regards, Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yep! I understand that completely.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

You are a good man Jim. Glad you're here.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Yes.

Retired cat herder.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
TO THIS DAY,IF AN NVA SURVIVOR of the battle showde at my door,HE WOULD GET THE VERY SAME TREATMENT!!! Do you guys understand that???

Yep.....a very worthy foe. Can't take anything away from them.....they were just following orders as we were. As with any fighting man.....you protect the man on either side of you and trust the man at your six.

As worthy a foe as any before our generation and after.

Last edited by chapped_lips; 03/10/11.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I understand perfectly.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Absolutely understood as only a warrior can Sir.

I attended the battle of the Ia Drang valley and LZ X-Ray that they wrote the book about. Maybe someday you and I can sit down and I will tell you what all I did in just a few days.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Bump for an outstanding thread!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
again...

Page 10 of 25 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1minute, 204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 72 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,403 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,683
Posts18,493,917
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.