-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Skip Donau, now there's a blast from the past. He used to be a big wig in SCI. Always wondered what he did to get the cash to hunt the world. Now we know.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR

C'mon Greg, I'd opt for the "Easy" button so I could get that pesky Leopard! grin

Mike

shocked

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Like from another shady bastid that used to post here and on AR, you'll never hear back from him.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Messing with types of people involved, is 24hourcampfire at risk of liability? Who knows, Blair might even try to use the info from a forum like this to wager war on clients and try to sue them via former mob boss lawyer for defamation or character issues? I have no clue though and I only watch lawyers on TV smile

"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization"-- Emerson

Support outdoor sports and our hunting-conservationist heritage; hunt with high morals and ethical standards
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I just looked at Blair's website and it said that if I signed up I could get some hunts at up to 50% off.

IC B2

L
Lhook7 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
I am not sure why he would get an attorney involved as he already admitted in one of the emails on AR that he took the money and that is was not his problem.

B
B
This posting is in response to the allegations which have been lodged incorrectly against Blair Worldwide Hunting on this forum and others.

Dr. Brent Henriksen and his brother, Mr. Tyler Henriksen purchased a desert bighorn sheep hunt on December 11, 2008, as a Christmas present for their father, Lonnie Henriksen. The Henriksen sons had been searching the internet for sheep hunts and a friend of their fathers referred them to Blair WorldWide. Lonnie had booked hunts with Blair WorldWide Hunting in the past. The contract provided that Lonnie Henriksen had a choice of outfitters from which to choose. It was determined by Lonnie Henriksen that he would hunt desert bighorn sheep, coues deer and bring his wife as a non-hunter with Sheep LTD, owned by Larry Heathington, who at the time, had an excellent reputation as a sheep hunter and guide and had guided many of the Governor�s tags for sheep.

As the booking agent, Blair WorldWide Hunting, pursuant to the requirements of the contract, sent the vast majority of the money Larry Heathington, who was the contracted hunter with Sheep LTD. Blair WorldWide, as a booking agent, is in a similar position to a travel agent that books travel on an airline or a cruise ship. When a ticket is purchased, the majority of the money goes to the airline or the cruise line and the booking agent retains a commission fee. It is the responsibility of the airline or the cruise ship to provide the services.

In this instance, it was the responsibility, and remains the responsibility of Larry Heathington, to provide the sheep hunts which were the subject of the contract. At the time the contract was entered into, the Henriksen�s were advised by Blair WorldWide, through the contract and via a trip insurance brochure, to buy trip insurance in the event that there was a problem with the hunt. The Henriksen�s chose not to do so. The fact that the majority of the Henriksens� money was forwarded to Larry Heathington has been established conclusively by providing the Henriksen�s, and their attorney with copies of the cancelled checks from Blair WorldWide to Larry Heathington.

After the hunt was booked, Lonnie Henriksen and Larry Heathington spoke at length, several times before the contracted start of the hunt. After the original hunt date of January 2010 did not occur, conversations between Mr. Henriksen and Mr. Heathington continued well into March 2010 in regards to the new dates and location of the desert big horn sheep hunt. For reasons which were not entirely clear to Blair WorldWide at the time, or to anyone for that matter, Larry Heathington has reneged on his promise to conduct, not only the Henriksen hunt, but other clients hunts as well. It was later disclosed by Mr. Heathington and Sheep LTD that he did not conduct the hunts contracted for due to health issues (See Sheep LTD�s website). The bottom line is that the dispute is properly between the Henriksen�s and Mr. Heathington, the outfitter.

Blair WorldWide did take extra steps in attempting to help the Henriksen�s recovery their money even though Blair WorldWide, as a booking agent, has no obligation both contractually or
ethically to do so. Blair WorldWide contacted Mr. Heathington on several occasions and strongly urged him to return the monies for the clients who did not receive their contracted hunts. When
those attempts failed, Blair WorldWide consistently assisted the Henriksen�s attorney in attempting to recover the money paid to Mr. Heathington through a civil lawsuit. In short, Blair WorldWide has done everything required of it, both legally and ethically, to assist not only the Henriksen�s, but also other clients, who contracted with Sheep LTD.

Blair WorldWide sincerely wishes that, not only Mr. Heathington and Sheep LTD, but all outfitters would provide the services that they contract for. However, in the real world, such is not always the case. Blair WorldWide has taken significant care to ensure that outfitters with whom clients are contracted provide good and legitimate services. Despite such care, every once in a while, an outfitter for a variety of reasons fails to perform. This is why trip insurance is recommended for all hunting and fishing trips booked. It is always clearly stated in all of Blair WorldWide contracts that the services contracted for are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the outfitter. Blair WorldWide sincerely hopes that the Henriksen�s recover their money from the person who possesses it -- That is Larry Heathington.

Any allegations that Blair WorldWide, in any fashion, deprived the Henriksen�s or any other party of their money improperly, illegally, or unethically, is simply untrue. The Henriksen�s have
retained counsel to attempt to recover their money from Mr. Heathington and Sheep LTD. The Henriksen�s have not, and cannot, legally claim that Blair WorldWide has withheld any of the funds owed to them by Mr. Heathington.

In sum, despite the unwarranted allegations to the contrary, Blair WorldWide acted at all times in an honest, professional, and ethical manner and any allegations to the contrary are not true

http://www.blairworldwide.com/paperport/SHEEPLTDWEBPAGE.htm

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"sent the vast majority of the money ....."

If the hunt was fully paid for, I wonder how that comission helped out your and Blairworldwide's bottom line in 2009? Interesting concept of doing everything ethically required.

"We sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the
night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" Winston Churchill
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BLAIRWORLDWIDE
This posting is in response to the allegations which have been lodged incorrectly against Blair Worldwide Hunting on this forum and others.

Dr. Brent Henriksen and his brother, Mr. Tyler Henriksen purchased a desert bighorn sheep hunt on December 11, 2008, as a Christmas present for their father, Lonnie Henriksen. The Henriksen sons had been searching the internet for sheep hunts and a friend of their fathers referred them to Blair WorldWide. Lonnie had booked hunts with Blair WorldWide Hunting in the past. The contract provided that Lonnie Henriksen had a choice of outfitters from which to choose. It was determined by Lonnie Henriksen that he would hunt desert bighorn sheep, coues deer and bring his wife as a non-hunter with Sheep LTD, owned by Larry Heathington, who at the time, had an excellent reputation as a sheep hunter and guide and had guided many of the Governor�s tags for sheep.

As the booking agent, Blair WorldWide Hunting, pursuant to the requirements of the contract, sent the vast majority of the money Larry Heathington, who was the contracted hunter with Sheep LTD. Blair WorldWide, as a booking agent, is in a similar position to a travel agent that books travel on an airline or a cruise ship. When a ticket is purchased, the majority of the money goes to the airline or the cruise line and the booking agent retains a commission fee. It is the responsibility of the airline or the cruise ship to provide the services.

In this instance, it was the responsibility, and remains the responsibility of Larry Heathington, to provide the sheep hunts which were the subject of the contract. At the time the contract was entered into, the Henriksen�s were advised by Blair WorldWide, through the contract and via a trip insurance brochure, to buy trip insurance in the event that there was a problem with the hunt. The Henriksen�s chose not to do so. The fact that the majority of the Henriksens� money was forwarded to Larry Heathington has been established conclusively by providing the Henriksen�s, and their attorney with copies of the cancelled checks from Blair WorldWide to Larry Heathington.

After the hunt was booked, Lonnie Henriksen and Larry Heathington spoke at length, several times before the contracted start of the hunt. After the original hunt date of January 2010 did not occur, conversations between Mr. Henriksen and Mr. Heathington continued well into March 2010 in regards to the new dates and location of the desert big horn sheep hunt. For reasons which were not entirely clear to Blair WorldWide at the time, or to anyone for that matter, Larry Heathington has reneged on his promise to conduct, not only the Henriksen hunt, but other clients hunts as well. It was later disclosed by Mr. Heathington and Sheep LTD that he did not conduct the hunts contracted for due to health issues (See Sheep LTD�s website). The bottom line is that the dispute is properly between the Henriksen�s and Mr. Heathington, the outfitter.

Blair WorldWide did take extra steps in attempting to help the Henriksen�s recovery their money even though Blair WorldWide, as a booking agent, has no obligation both contractually or
ethically to do so. Blair WorldWide contacted Mr. Heathington on several occasions and strongly urged him to return the monies for the clients who did not receive their contracted hunts. When
those attempts failed, Blair WorldWide consistently assisted the Henriksen�s attorney in attempting to recover the money paid to Mr. Heathington through a civil lawsuit. In short, Blair WorldWide has done everything required of it, both legally and ethically, to assist not only the Henriksen�s, but also other clients, who contracted with Sheep LTD.

Blair WorldWide sincerely wishes that, not only Mr. Heathington and Sheep LTD, but all outfitters would provide the services that they contract for. However, in the real world, such is not always the case. Blair WorldWide has taken significant care to ensure that outfitters with whom clients are contracted provide good and legitimate services. Despite such care, every once in a while, an outfitter for a variety of reasons fails to perform. This is why trip insurance is recommended for all hunting and fishing trips booked. It is always clearly stated in all of Blair WorldWide contracts that the services contracted for are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the outfitter. Blair WorldWide sincerely hopes that the Henriksen�s recover their money from the person who possesses it -- That is Larry Heathington.

Any allegations that Blair WorldWide, in any fashion, deprived the Henriksen�s or any other party of their money improperly, illegally, or unethically, is simply untrue. The Henriksen�s have
retained counsel to attempt to recover their money from Mr. Heathington and Sheep LTD. The Henriksen�s have not, and cannot, legally claim that Blair WorldWide has withheld any of the funds owed to them by Mr. Heathington.

In sum, despite the unwarranted allegations to the contrary, Blair WorldWide acted at all times in an honest, professional, and ethical manner and any allegations to the contrary are not true

I posted a response over on AR but wanted it to be known here on this board that I think your a butthole. I have no clue how you can sleep at night with this sorry excuse.

I will share this with everybody I know

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
HS, went to AR, and posted my feelings too. This POS is giving good agents a bad name.

maddog

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
???

Last edited by Henry McCann; 03/10/11.
W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
I see this is getting a little more attention here. When this first popped up on the General Big Game forum, there seemed to be a reaction that, well they should have bought trip insurance. Buying trip insurance is indeed good advice, and I will never book another expensive hunt without doing so. Perhaps some of what actually transpired could be considered in doubt. But now Blair has responded (response looks suspiciously like they lawyered-up to get it written), and they haven't explained away as much as they seem to think. I'll leave aside the legalities, even though it seems they have a due diligence obligation. But to claim that they acted professionally and ethically? Not by my definition of those terms. And what a poor business decision! Almost certainly they will lose more in the long run than the commission and possible mark-up on this one hunt.

Last edited by WoodsyAl; 03/10/11.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow!! If that's the best you can do, you deserve the the financial beating this will most likely cause. I always thought your unsolicited calls and emails were pretty weak, but now I understand. With any luck you'll go broke over this.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a hunt booked through atcheson that fell through after I had paid a considerable (to me) amount of money. The outfitter was in a dfferent country and had gone out of business. Keith Atcheson called me and informed me of the details and sent a FULL refund out that week.

I can't imagine why anyone would use someone like Blair when there are very reputable booking agents out there like Atcheson. I'm sure there are others just as good, but I would never even consider another booking agent other than Atcheson unless Keith himself recommended I use someone else.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Wow!! If that's the best you can do, you deserve the the financial beating this will most likely cause. I always thought your unsolicited calls and emails were pretty weak, but now I understand. With any luck you'll go broke over this.

Mike

A hearty Amen to that.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
:-Q

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by ranger1
Most places in the lower 48 allow hunting without the use of a guide or outfitter. While some hunts require the use of an outfitter for NR hunters or those from another country, I was addressing the comments made by Mule Deer re: those who would sue the guy they are paying because a horse stepped on their foot or they got sick in camp. Rather pathetic! It seems that more and more people are under the impression that the only way for them to have a "good" hunt is to hire an outfitter. This simply isn't true in all cases. It is akin to handing the mechanic wrenches and then claiming to have fixed your own car. What about the skills involved in the process?! I'm fully aware that certain hunts require a guide/outfitter depending upon your residency status, however, most in the lower 48 don't. Even AK only requires a guide/outfitter for 3 species as far as I know.

New Mexico requires non res to be guided on Elk I believe?

Not forgetting this is the African forum, DIY unguided hunts by non residents in most of Africa is nearly universally impossible...

Legalities aside, for the average joe to outfit a hunt, travel a thousand miles across America to hunt in an unfamiliar area within a limited time window for say Elk and stand even a small chance of being succesful is extremely difficult.

Granted many people who book through guides/outfitters are actually trying to buy guaranteed trophey success, and I agree that is wrong attitude, but its eaqually wrong to tar everybody with the same brush..
He has a good point. many states simply don't have any place to hunt unless you own land. And if I was to go to another state I am not familiar with, It would be extremely difficult to find an area that allows hunting that is not private land. It's difficult enough to find public hunting areas in a state where you live, but to be able to find that in a place your not familiar with can be near impossible, making it almost a necessity in many cases to find an outfitter. But i also agree that you are not guarantied a trophy and you are responsible for your self weather it's getting sick, falling off a cliff, breaking your ankle, shooting your self, or whatever....
But he did pay for the hunt and that should be guarantied!

Last edited by gohip; 03/11/11.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BLAIRWORLDWIDE

... and you feel comfortable keeping your comission for a hunt that fell through becuase and outfitter you represented failed?

Real stand up Outfitter.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Larry Heathington has posted a response over at AR. He tells his side of this ordeal. His post shows how things really can get messed up.

He is fighting terminal cancer and he also says that most of the money was giving to the Mexican landowners for the hunt.

I feel for all involved. This event will likely have no happy ending for anyone...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here it is along with the link to the thread. I'd bet my next pay check that Larry didn't write that. This whole thing stinks more than a bus stop $hitter!

Mike

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3411043/m/3471078051/p/6

Well I am not a messanger boy and since my name is getting bandied about by people that have few or no facts "I will simply set the Record straight" My Name is Larry Heathington and I have guided both Desert Sheep and Rocky Mountains for over 30 years. This whole thing started way before the incident in 2009 as I have know Jeff and Audra Blair for almost the entire time I guided them. They are Arizonan's as am I and they were there watching the requested due Diligence as it was created. I guided for more than Sheep obviously but specialized in Deserts to the tune of well over 100 plus a good many Rocky Mountains as well having taken Boone and Crockett Rams in both catagories. Including the number 2 and 4 Deserts ever taken in Arizona. I also guided 10 past Presidents of SCI ( Keller, Pocuis, Cheremie) to other exotic species from Coues Deer to Tule Elk.
I will do this in a more or less cronological order so it can be followed more closely. In September of 2009 I was headed to New Mexico to guide 3 not two hunters on the State Landowner permits for Antelope. I pulled off at a non rest stop exit to go to the bathroom and subsequently was knocked unconcious by an assailant that came out of the bushes while I was being distracted by his partner. They stole some stuff out of my Pickup truck ( tent, stove etc) kicked the hell out of me and then left. I thought Thank God at the time but given recent developments I am not so sure. All of this is well documented in a Police report that was filed in Williams,Arizona as are the photograph's of my injuries which were significant (Major bruising ,Lacerated Cheek, Concussion etc) After I woke up I got in my Pickup and drove down the road a piece pulled over and passed out again and then the next day made it to a Hotel where I slept which is not good idea with a concussion but I was extremely disoriented , tired and did not call anyone immediately. But began notifying people from clients to my own children (who I would never scare for no reason)immediately as my head cleared. The Police have no reason to dispute those findings so I don't have any Idea why anyone else would. Both clients were given return hunts and the subject was closed accept for the ongoing Police investigation. Two of those clients belonged to Blair World Wide and the other one was from a private referall.

Once I got back on home ground I again slept soundly with prescribed medications and started building my strength between visits from my friends and family, until the following week when I had an Early Elk Hunter near my house. We hunted for a day or two and then took about a 350 Bull late one evening . During that time with the Elk client two landowners from Mexico arrived and collected their deposits on both Deer and Sheep hunts for December 2009 and January 2010. They were both open about the visit in front of the Elk client and why shouldn't they be they had nothing to hide. It is common knowledge that the Mexican Landowners want paid up front for their permits at least 30 days prior to the hunt, it is the norm not the exception. I then went about completing the rest of my Arizona fall schedule but I was having more than a little difficulty physically with some of the hunts, I assumed based on the concussion. My equlibrium was off, I tired easier than I had and just didn't feel very well overall. I even went to the Kane County Hospital in Kanab, Utah and was administerd an IV while I was on a Kaibab Deer hunt and struggling. (Medical Documentation is available)

The deposits having been paid along with the second payments I made arragements to spend Christmas with my Kids in Casa Grande, Arizona and then cross into Mexico in early January. I didn't feel worth a damn over that Christmas break but I had it to do so I crossed the border at Nogales in my Ford pickup on January 3rd headed to both the Sheep and Mule Deer Hunts. About 20 miles north of Santa Anna, Sonoro, Mexico I felt nauseauos and pulled off to the side of the Road where I began puking Bile and Blood. It scared the Hell out of me and I turned around and headed back to my primary Physician in Casa Grande,approximately 200 miles back north, I threw up all the way north and was very weak when I arrived, they immediately sent me to the Hospital at Banner Health Care in Chandler where I spent the next 10 or 11 days in serious condition having tests run daily to determine a cause.( Medical Records Available)..All during that time either my staff or I talked to the Clients and Mexican Land Owners keeping them informed as to what was going on and tried to get them all rescheduled. I had no idea at that time what was wrong with me nor did the doctor's. It is the assumtion of some of the doctors that my genetic's have a roll in this condition as I had a sister who died of a Liver condition at 38, and it was compounded by the 2009 beating plus the combination of diseases I had during my lifetime. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Scarlett Fever, Tylenol use and other contributing factors.

Prior to my release the Doctor that was incharge of my case set me down and told me that I had "End Stage Liver Disease" and that it was in fact terminal and I could live anywhere from six months to two years., I find myself there now at the end of the first year having been taken to the Hospital (3) three times with very serious blood levels or bleeds and I did not think that I would ever see the light of day again on each visit. I am living in the Kingman area staying in a house that my sister has leased for me and I am in an inhouse Hospice program that began in May of 2010 (Records Available).

False Statements that I have read in all of this dialoge: I do not work for Blair World Wide Hunting I worked for the Mexican Landowners who paid me a straight $5000.00 per client finders fee to find the clients, get their paperwork( Gun Permits ,Photo's for the Cities, Accompaning each client to Mexico as their non hunting companion and evaluating Sheep for the Guide Teams). the Mexican's get the difference. I got my normal finders fee. All monies from Blair were paid to me and were then given to the Mexican's thru Bank Drafts, Transferrs, or they were picked up by the Landowners. Blair retains his commission and other fee's from the initial. deposit. I have worked for other booking agants in the past and that procedure is fairly common within their industry.

I have been served with three lawsuits two of which were dismissed for lack of activity in the past 60 days. That includes Brent Henriksen's which was dismissed this week by a Coconino County Superior Court Judge . (Dismissal's available) Since that litigation is pending my attorney told me not to talk to any of the parties involved pending a Court Judgement..I have not talked to anyone about these matters in the past several month's at his request.. Prior to that I was cordial and informative to the clients when I talked to them as was my staff. For quite along time now I have been on 15 Miligrams of Morphine twice a day and am often incoherent therefore I allow my friends, relatives or staff talk to the clients WHEN I AM MEDICATED OR AM INCOHERENT.

I didn't load the hunts if they were ever loaded I simply supplied an ammount to complete their requests when it was brought to my attention, non Hunting companions, Film Crews etc!!

I have never taken a dime from the Blair clients all of that money was handled out of Blairs office and the Mexican Landowners pay me either $5000.00 a Sheep Hunter or $500.00 a Deer Hunter. I completed those duties as best I could short of the hunt taking place as I was in the hospital, Gun Permits were bought, Tags were gotten from the Government of Sonora etc!! As for my personally booked clients all of the money was given to the Mexican Landowners and they pay me the fee, sometime reluctantly but they pay it.

I also recommended that Trip Insurance be purchased in my normal correspondence although none was to my knowlege. As you will note the excerpt that is on Sheep Ltds introductory Stating that I aws retiring was written FEBRUARY 1ST when I was under the assumtion thatr my guide days were done. I have had addition tests from Varied specialists that are of the same opinion as the one I first recieved I have " End Stage Liver Disease " which is terminal. Thus short of this letter to clear the air I have no attention of addressing this matter again as it is in the hands of my Attorney as per his request.

Larry Heathington

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 55 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,579
Posts18,473,329
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.