-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

..the main reason I post with me real name and an "open" profile. I don't state anything I know not to be true or I don't want attributed to me all of which are easier if one stays anonymous. smile

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Phil why can't you stick to the subject?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 458Win
jwp,

How do you know what you are telling everyone is true?

It is on the subject. What methodology did you use in proving your hypothesis?

I am 100% against waterboarding. Splatter their brains out the back of their heads.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jwp475

Phil why can't you stick to the subject?

Great idea. THE 375 RUGER OFFERS SOME MINOR - BUT REAL - IMPROVEMENTS OVER THE 375 H&H

Now, Why can't you answer simple questions ?

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

The only advantage if one can call it an advantage is a shorter action and that don't interest a lot of the shooting public, me included

Phil, we all have a profile on these boards if it ain't on the profile then it is not meant for public comsuption and has no bearing on the subject matter of this are any other thread that's pretty simple

Last edited by jwp475; 04/19/11.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
jwp, Anonymity, like the masks worn be terrorists, give courage to cowards - but certainly does not add to any intelligent discussion. If experience and knowledge have no bearing on the subject matter on this forum then I guess I am on the wrong forum. But I guess I am at least arguing with the right folks.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
FAA Master pilot

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
jwp, If experience and knowledge have no bearing on the subject matter............

........then I'm going to have the clerk at the mini-mart take me Brown Bear hunting! (after he crowns one of my teeth.) lol

I am 100% against waterboarding. Splatter their brains out the back of their heads.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
jwp, Anonymity, like the masks worn be terrorists, give courage to cowards That's your opinion and like [bleep] everybody hgas one. I have spoken to you before and you know who I am so get off of the sopa box it is not becoming- If you want to tell me about guiding bear hunters I am all ears

but certainly does not add to any intelligent discussion.
I have posted my experience and I have posted pictures to back up same. Yo are graspingf at straws. I spent 45 minutes speaking to Brian at Echolls shop about feed issuse just a few days ago.

If experience and knowledge have no bearing on the subject matter on this forum then I guess I am on the wrong forum. But I guess I am at least arguing with the right folks.

Your experience with correcting feeding issues is?

Last edited by jwp475; 04/19/11.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=jwp475][quote=458Win] jwp, Anonymity, like the masks worn be terrorists, give courage to cowards
[color:#CC0000]I have posted my experience and I have posted pictures to back up same. Yo are graspingf at straws. I spent 45 minutes speaking to Brian at Echolls shop about feed issuse just a few days ago. [/color]

jwp, I propose a truce. You tell us all again about your experience since you claim to not be embarrased by it and also tell us what Brian told you about how much the taper on the H&H rounds helps feeding and we will all agree with his assessment as he has more experience on the matter than you and I put together.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
FAA Master pilot

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
This thread really reminds me of those who argued about which was faster, the Z28 Camaro or the Boss 302 Mustang. What really mattered was who breathed on the engine and who set up the chassie.

Who your mechanic is REALLY matters !!!!

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
In the Sako Model 85 - a person can buy it in 375 H&H. It holds four rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber - for a total of five.

All this in a rifle that's 7lbs - naked.

Until someone else makes a 375 that holds five rounds in a 7lb rifle - in my opinion, Sako will take top spot.

As I hunt without a guide - I much prefer the extra round in a DGR rifle - to the extra 50 to 100 fps that the Ruger round might give in comparison to the 375 H&H. That, and the pleasure of having a 375 H&H that weighs less than a lot of people's 30-06's. After a day or more of packing it in the high-country - I can't tell you how much I appreciate the lack of dead-weight.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Brian, I've seen a number of the 375 Sako M-85's in use here in Alaska and have been quite impressed with their design and function.Other than the Ruger they are the other 375 that I recommend to my clients.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
FAA Master pilot

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
[quote=jwp475][quote=458Win] jwp, Anonymity, like the masks worn be terrorists, give courage to cowards
[color:#CC0000]I have posted my experience and I have posted pictures to back up same. Yo are graspingf at straws. I spent 45 minutes speaking to Brian at Echolls shop about feed issuse just a few days ago. [/color]

jwp, I propose a truce. You tell us all again about your experience since you claim to not be embarrased by it and also tell us what Brian told you about how much the taper on the H&H rounds helps feeding and we will all agree with his assessment as he has more experience on the matter than you and I put together.

Brain said and is correct IMHO that the H&H cases in factroy rifles feed beeter than say a a straighter wall case such as the 300 Wea. is because the wwidth of the mag box is correct for the H&H case. The factory rifles use the same width mag box for every round. The Echoll's company adjusts the width and size of the mag box according to the cartridge and this often require the bottom of the action needing to be machined in-order to accept the proper proportion mag box. Proper feeding work is time comsuming and expensive.

The proper execution of the work is paromaount in having a trouble free rig

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
duane wiebe has now come out with his own version for the H&H providing a 4+1 setup without going below the stock line allowing for a trim rifle.

The way life should be.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

[/quote]

Brain said and is correct IMHO that the H&H cases in factroy rifles feed beeter than say a a straighter wall case such as the 300 Wea. is because the wwidth of the mag box is correct for the H&H case. The factory rifles use the same width mag box for every round.
[/quote]

So, with the properly fitted mag box their is no mechanical advantage to the tapered case? I guess your right, round pegs fit better than square pegs in round holes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To all my fictitious nameless friends -- so in Brian's words tapered cases might feed better than less taperd cases if they are fed from magazines designed for them. But so long as the magazines are correctly designed for the cases being used there is no benefit to tapered cases ?
As I stated in the beginning, while a tapered case might be of some help the primary purpose of tapered cases is and was to aid in extraction.
That is why so many of the Russian cases are tapered - as they like to use steel cases which have to have considerable taper to work correctly.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
FAA Master pilot

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
As they would say on "Myth Busters" The "tapered case feeding myth" is "BUSTED"!!! lol

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I just had my Rem XCR II in 375 H&H rechambered to 375 Weatherby. The best of both worlds, faster than a 375 Ruger, can still shoot 375 H&H.

Last edited by colorado; 04/21/11.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by colorado
I just had my Rem XCR II in 375 H&H rechambered to 375 Weatherby. The best of both worlds, faster than a 375 Ruger, can still shoot 375 H&H.
...........From Hodgdon

375 Ruger 24" barrel;

260 gr @ 2837 max fps
300 gr @ 2660 max fps

375 Wby 24" barrel;

260 gr @ 2842 max fps
300 gr @ 2695 max fps

Yep! Looks like you`re gaining a bunch in the best of both worlds scenario.... laugh laugh laugh

Given the same barrel lengths, the 375 Ruger is much closer in performance to the 375 Wby, than is the 375 H&H to the 375 Ruger!

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
375 Weatherby factory ammo. 300g Nosler Partitions at 2800 fps chrono'd. Don't let facts affect your opinion. It might be dangerous.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (007FJ, 1234, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,198 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,255
Posts18,486,342
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.