Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
we all have azzholes wokin for us.... It wasn't just the unions that elected Obama, Clinton etc...
Your non-union brothers across the country carried the day.

I'm just sayin that the average union guy ain't the problem.

How come firemen and police get a free pass from a republican Gov?

Never tell your problems to anyone. 20% don't care and 80% are glad you have em.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
How did union leadership cause the members to be locked out and replaced because of unmeetable demands...

The union ask for what the employees tell them to ask for.. The employer makes counter demands... and the employees vote on whether to except or make more counter demands...

Lockout occurs when neither side is willing to give or to negotiate... the company then does what it feels it has to do...

Union leaders (the high echelon included) are voted in by the union workers...

In damn near every contract I've been involved with, the union actually kept the workers from asking for the unreasonable...

Phil

i dont doubt yah but ive also seen the exact opposite.....seen 10% or so bully the rest into what they want.....watched them ask for unreal amounts and honestly think that it was fair......

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The leadership refused to go to the table to talk to the company after proper proposals were made and also refused later requests of votes by the rank and file. The lockout was caused by sabotage of equipment in the plant. Read Muscatine Journal, GPC lockout, archives to see both sides and form your own opinion Russ

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well I can assure you that the head guy at Council 24 here in Wisconsin is not elected.I have asked for YEARS why we don't get to elect who the head honcho is?

I am a State of WI worker and tolerate the union at best. I supported Walker,donated a few dollarsto his campaign and am probably one of the most hated guys at my work for that. They think my vote carried the day for Walker I guess:) The funny thing is that lots of folks voted for him that I work with.They are either scared or don't want to make waves.

Me I don't mind holding the big spoon and stirring the pot a little:)

Bill/WI

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Being union Marshhawk,what made you lean towards Walker for your vote,if it's alright with you to even ask?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For every union worker in this country (public and private), there are four people who live on welfare. Not unemployment insurance...welfare. Each one gets a free ride on your tax money with no service rendered,required or expected. I am really offended that these leeches are considered a sacred cow by both Republicans and Democrats. IMHO, any crusade, by either party, that doesn't address the holes in the bottom of the bucket is absolutely incredible and an insult to all (tax paying) Americans. I won't elaborate on what I think about those that buy into their political bullshiit.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Isaac, I can answer for myself only.
One either has to vote his morals or his politics.
I can't defend the dems party plank, I won't vote for people who condone gun control, gay marriages, illegals etc.

I belong to a union because I still think that corporate managers are in business to get the cheapest labor possible and spin off medical and retirement costs on the tax paying public.

I will have funded my own old age income and medical costs through a negotiated wage and should;nt be a burden on yours or my children.

It's kind of a visious circle. joe average don't make enough money everybody suffers - even business

Joe Blow makes to much money - no jobs,

Don't have all the answers. I just feel climbing up the backs of other people to accuumulate wealth is not the way I was raised.

Never tell your problems to anyone. 20% don't care and 80% are glad you have em.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
For every union worker in this country (public and private), there are four people who live on welfare. Not unemployment insurance...welfare. Each one gets a free ride on your tax money with no service rendered,required or expected. I am really offended that these leeches are considered a sacred cow by both Republicans and Democrats. IMHO, any crusade, by either party, that doesn't address the holes in the bottom of the bucket is absolutely incredible and an insult to all (tax paying) Americans. I won't elaborate on what I think about those that buy into their political bullshiit.

Curious as to who on here is talking bad about unions and good about welfare?

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Isaac,
I have 3 Children and 3 Grandchildren. Wisconsin is a tax hell.Only 2 people in my Family work for the State.Myself and my Sister.She is in management so not in the union.I am looking at the big picture and not just my check.I am a Corrrectional Sergeant for the state.

I want lower taxes,I am prolife, I am a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment and my right to protect myself and family does not end at my front door.We have had CCW shot down 2 times by the Democrats.

Emybryonic stem cell research should not include state or federal money imo.Our business climate sucks in WI. We need more jobs.

I work with so many people who believe the same or most of the same things that have lost there minds over the whole thing. They would never think about voting Democrat but because its all about the money they absolutely HATE Walker.

What really frosts my ass is all the liberals saying we have a RIGHT to collective bargain.Which I don't recall in any US documents:)How convenient that we also have the right to bear arms but they don't get all worked up when stomping on others rigths over the 2nd amendment.

Thats it in a nutshell Isaac:)

Bill/WI

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
you seem like a smart man...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by TBaker5390

I don't know either, but I like what he said.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
that just might make him rethink his position

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
+1 Russ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TBaker5390

Welfare is not part of the discussion at all. That's the problem. The Politicians have everybody mad at the chihuahua for crapping in the living room to distract them from the pitbull eating the baby.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Unions are a necessary evil. I see both sides of the thing, but an America that had never had unions would be a far worse America.

Now a lawyer posting an anti-union post is just about farcical, consider the nut-lock they've got on their particular segment of the economy. crazy

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Unions are a necessary evil. I see both sides of the thing, but an America that had never had unions would be a far worse America.

Now a lawyer posting an anti-union post is just about farcical, consider the nut-lock they've got on their particular segment of the economy. crazy

Yeah what might be the %age of the House and Senate.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My wife has a great little monologue about the legal system.

In essence, it's in a foriegn language, and should you be so unfortunate as to be engaged in it, you basically have no choice but to hire someone who speaks that language. And they (the speakers) make DAMN sure it stays that way.

And the best part? If you have a problem with your "translator", or any other translator... the only way to address it is by.... drum roll please........

I got friends and family who are lawyers and in fact have considered a midlife run at The Law; in my business we get to wrangle contracts and I very much enjoy that (and usually win). But I'd do it knowing I was joining a rigged system... similar to unions in many ways...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
I thought you were simply a salesman. I guess a cat fight with another agent as to whether a fridge is going to convey or not can be considered contract wrangling. And, I guess ultimately checking the yes box for the fridge on pre-printed, standardardized form RE contracts is considered a win for some of those contract wranglers. Only a sales agent could believe a profession which educationally requires only a HS diploma and some elemental Principles and Practices courses for licensure elevates them to such status. Just imagine how much better you'd feel about the winning if you were actually paid for such brain taxing contract negotiations,Clarence.

Anyways, I'd love to hear more from you as to how lawyers are union employees. Being a dues paying real estate contract wrangler,I'm sure you can come up with some non-farcical answer that makes some sense to us other paid contract wrangler types.

PS...you might wish to go back and read Casey's epic fails in this regard just so that you don't suffer the same embarrassment he did.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
There is no longer a need for unions. IF you work hard and go to work you will get what you deserve.

If all else fails the worker can hire ..... a lawyer!

IF everyone was honest, deals were made with a hand shake AND honored, people were not greedy and didn't cheat on taxes, people that are guilty admit it and take their due, would we really need lawyers? wink

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
There was an article in the paper a few months ago about a "LAWYER" who went around filling suits against small business that hadn't followed to a T regulations dealing with Handycapped parking.

IF the paint wasn't visible enough/worn, if signs were improperly spaced or not worded right, if the number of spaces wasn't up to code... This "LAWYER" sued the owners...

Freakin "LAWYER" didn't even stick to his own area, but rather hit damn near every city in Southern California!

Of course most of the cases never made it to court, most of the small business couldn't afford a leagle fight so they settled out of court with the "LAWYER"!

Phil

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 16penny, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 61 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,590
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.